NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
May 5, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #1,306 of 2,077
Hey folks

my H95 (bought in Athens last month) just died :frowning2:

I was in a zoom call today (via Bluetooth, MacBook) and they just disconnected and never came back.
when attempting charging, the led flashes green for less than a second and turns off
No led/ sound when switching from off to on

tried resetting (hold BT up), nothing happens
Did you attempt a real factory reset? (hold switch, wait for blue flashing to end, then wait for red flashing to end)

May 6, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #1,308 of 2,077
Quick updates... (they're still dead, not charging, no led, not resetting, nothing..)
So, if yesterday I was upset but hoping that B&O's Support is at a high level as the name and price.

Well, dang.
They won't replace it in store (tho I bought them less than 30 days ago).
The warranty process, here's the tricky part. I would go this way, if it was let's say a 10-14 days process. Problem is that I'm working and moving locations until September. I even gave up my home back in Poland last year so now I'm in Greece, soon in another country, until the project ends. Didn't see this coming, and I thought that B&O's support is at least as good as Sony's or Apple.

The warranty process takes 4 weeks, as per their saying. Way more than it should, and way more than the time I spend/ location.
I tried to deal with the store (B&O "official partner, from their website) - nope
Asked if possible to have them picked up by the courier from Athens and return it where I will be - not possible. Asked multiple times in the email, and the thing they want to do is send it back to the original address... :frowning2:

In this case, the only thing I'm left with it's a CC chargeback, or warranty through my card (because yes, they offer better support than B&O).

I'm super upset, really didn't expect this (I mean, things can happen.. but the support is lower than Sony's which when I had the same issue few years ago they just replaced the headphones in store).

:frowning2:

May 6, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #1,310 of 2,077
Can anyone who had the coil whine previously using transparency mode report if the update fixed it? Also is there less hiss in transparency mode?
I don’t own the H95 anymore, but have experienced this noise when I owned them.

Per my understanding and research of other headphones with similar issue— this is not something that a firmware can fix as it appears to be a hardware design/issue (ie the specific Bluetooth module/electrical coil setup that is used by B&O is what generates the noise/whine), unfortunately.

I am almost certain the “howling noise” that they mention in the firmware update notes refers to the noise that would sometimes result from microphones mistakenly picking up/processing wind or outside noises and amplifying it.

I would love to be proved wrong however. This buzzing/non-silent background on the H95 was the main reason that made me switch to the APM.

Last edited:
May 8, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #1,312 of 2,077
who has already perform the FW update and how are the reactions, bit afraid to update , my is working fine only a slight sound if you don’t play media, on the right ear cup.
The update is great, no issues whatsoever. Mute button works on VOIP calls now and headphones seem slightly louder.

May 9, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #1,314 of 2,077
May 12, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #1,316 of 2,077
Note: A charging adapter of a maximum of 5V / 3A can be used to charge your Beoplay H95.
Mine are arriving today, finally. Can i charge them with my Xiaomi adapter? There is a lot of numbers after 5.0V=3.0A
IMG_20210512_070413.jpg

Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 7:14 AM Post #1,317 of 2,077
Mine are arriving today, finally. Can i charge them with my Xiaomi adapter? There is a lot of numbers after 5.0V=3.0A
IMG_20210512_070413.jpg

Hello Sinkadus.

I think that adaptor is good BUT I'm not 100% sure. I think is better for you asking b&o customer service directly and send your photo too. The doubt I have is that b&o saying "maximum of 5V / 3A" and your Xiaomi adaptor is good for 5V / 3A and more, I think.

May 12, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #1,318 of 2,077
Hello everyone, thanks to everybody who wrote reviews and comments in this thread. I ordered the APM first and realised these cans were not so expensive anymore in comparison.... So changed the order, I couldn't resist upgrade my H9s and I do not regret one bit. I would like to chip in on the dreaded sound volume issue. I noticed it, on Spotify iPhone, I do not know why, but full volume is not loud at all (not looking to hurt my ears). Take that exact same full volume you put for the Spotify app on Soundcloud app for instance and your ears will most likely suffer from long exposure. Spotify on OSX does not have the same problem. They are loud enough to awake my tinnitus the first day (not looking to hurt my ears but accidents happens, it is a thin line ahah). Thought I'd'chip in that remark I have not read before and could explain why some find these cans a little mute on IOS. Cheers to all and take care.

May 14, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #1,320 of 2,077
IMG_20210512_070413.jpg

I've always charged my H9 and HX with a 65W USB-C power brick and never had issues :)

The stated output is the maximum the adapter can reach, but USB-C power delivery is always scalable so you won't have issues with any USB-C charger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back