NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
May 18, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #1,322 of 2,078
What do we think about The new Apple Music audio updates!!.
I wonder if the ALAC and hi res audio could be play with H95 by wire through USB audio. Or have we to use the analogically cable? (But in this case the data have to processed by the H95 internale DAC...)
Wireless (bluetooth) the amount of data is too big, also with aptx HD codec, I think.
For example, the AirPods Max can't play it (via Bluetooth)

May 18, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #1,323 of 2,078
I wonder if the ALAC and hi res audio could be play with H95 by wire through USB audio. Or have we to use the analogically cable? (But in this case the data have to processed by the H95 internale DAC...)
Wireless (bluetooth) the amount of data is too big, also with aptx HD codec, I think.
For example, the AirPods Max can't play it (via Bluetooth)
You can play Hi-Res fine via USB on the H95, and use the H95 dac for that. Unfortunately it seems that on analog cables you still go through the H95 DSP, so I would recommend picking the USB cable when wired...

May 20, 2021 at 1:47 AM Post #1,325 of 2,078
How would that work then? On iOS , use a usb to lighting cable ? In Mac and pc it works.
Due to a limitation in IOS I think that you specifically need to use the lightning to camera USB adapter. Otherwise an iPhone is not able to send digital signal out over the lighting port. I would guess that an Audioquest Dragontail lightning adapter would also work. But I gladly call on the iPhone users here to further clarify.

May 21, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #1,326 of 2,078
Due to a limitation in IOS I think that you specifically need to use the lightning to camera USB adapter. Otherwise an iPhone is not able to send digital signal out over the lighting port. I would guess that an Audioquest Dragontail lightning adapter would also work. But I gladly call on the iPhone users here to further clarify.
FWIW: I have used the lightning to camera from iphone to micro idsd BL USB. Then connected the H95 to the BL via the B&O 3.5 mm cable. Terrific sound. Better than the built in BT...

May 21, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #1,327 of 2,078
Got my Portals today. Nicely built like the H95’s but the sound is definitely a little different, mids are recessed a little compared to the H95 and overall sound is just a little veiled in comparison. Still very good though, if I didn’t already have the H95’s they would have been my favourite Bluetooth cans and probably would have been happy to have them as my main wireless set. They’re wonderful on the Xbox, and the Dolby Atmos sounds really good for supported content!

May 22, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #1,328 of 2,078
Received an email that new firmware just dropped.
Screenshot_20210522-091841.jpg

May 25, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #1,332 of 2,078
Hi all.

I wanted to treat myself after a recent promotion at work. I have had the Bose QC35 for a while now and while physical comfort is pretty good, the ANC gives me a pressure headache after about an hour. For that reason, they don't get used unless I really need NC.

Being an Apple fanboy, I purchased the APM. The sound was great - way better than the QC35. I am by no means an audiophile but I am very perceptive to subtle changes in things. The APM bass was more refined, it came through when demanded but wasn't boomy. And the soundstage - wow - amazing. Everything was just... wider. Separation in the sounds was great. And it goes without saying they are super convenient for my Apple devices.

But they hurt my ears. Besides the usual weight and clamping force issues, which I'm told improve over time, I have a very specific problem. The plastic hole in the left earcup for the proximity sensor for the wear detection leaves an imprint on the side of my ear, and it hurts.

So the darn APMs have to go back to Apple. Boo.

Which leads me to you good people. If I like the improvements that the APM have over the QC35, especially with clarity in bass (note - I do like bass! Something that is super flat, is not that pleasing to me! It just needs to be good, refined bass) - are the H95's a good shout?

Look forward to hearing from you all :)

Last edited:
May 25, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #1,333 of 2,078
If I like the improvements that the APM have over the QC35, especially with clarity in bass (note - I do like bass! Something that is super flat, is not that pleasing to me! It just needs to be good, refined bass) - are the H95's a good shout?
Absolutely. Owned both and, in my opinion, APM and H95 are the two current leaders in terms of what Bluetooth over-ears’ can offer in terms of sound quality, each providing a somewhat different flavours (signature) in terms of music presentation. In terms of bass - APM has more sub bass emphasis whereas H95 has more mid bass. Both are great overall SQ-wise.

Definitely worth giving H95 a try if the APM didn’t work out comfort wise. Just keep in mind the H95 ear cups are more shallow (not as deep as APM’s), but you get the 30 day return policy if it doesn’t work out.

Last edited:
May 26, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #1,334 of 2,078
Hi all.

I wanted to treat myself after a recent promotion at work. I have had the Bose QC35 for a while now and while physical comfort is pretty good, the ANC gives me a pressure headache after about an hour. For that reason, they don't get used unless I really need NC.

Being an Apple fanboy, I purchased the APM. The sound was great - way better than the QC35. I am by no means an audiophile but I am very perceptive to subtle changes in things. The APM bass was more refined, it came through when demanded but wasn't boomy. And the soundstage - wow - amazing. Everything was just... wider. Separation in the sounds was great. And it goes without saying they are super convenient for my Apple devices.

But they hurt my ears. Besides the usual weight and clamping force issues, which I'm told improve over time, I have a very specific problem. The plastic hole in the left earcup for the proximity sensor for the wear detection leaves an imprint on the side of my ear, and it hurts.

So the darn APMs have to go back to Apple. Boo.

Which leads me to you good people. If I like the improvements that the APM have over the QC35, especially with clarity in bass (note - I do like bass! Something that is super flat, is not that pleasing to me! It just needs to be good, refined bass) - are the H95's a good shout?

Look forward to hearing from you all :)

Verificateur is correct in his previous post, but I want adding that not only in bass you will hearing a difference in sound between h95 and APM if you're sensitive with small changes in sound, but in mids and treble too.

For me the frequency response of the h95, like a complete picture, is more realistic than APM, and this isn't meaning the bass in h95 is light. The mids, specially, for me is little problematic with APM.

(I owning the APM for one month so I know the APM sound very well)

May 30, 2021 at 3:56 AM Post #1,335 of 2,078

Users who are viewing this thread

Back