NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
May 4, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #1,291 of 2,079
PSA:

v5.7.4 update is now available in the Beoplay app for H95. Adds ability to control your own voice during VOIP calls using left wheel button and many improvements to mic quality, as well as squeeking noises fix for the heaphones.

I charge my H95 twice or three times a week, also never let it fall below 28% as a general rule of rechargeable batteries. Guess I must use it a lot for work and personal calls/music if I am charging it as often 😳

My MTW2 TWS gets a lot of downtime due to H95, unless I am out and about.

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 1:29 AM Post #1,292 of 2,079
PSA:

v5.7.4 update is now available in the Beoplay app for H95. Adds ability to control your own voice during VOIP calls using left wheel button and many improvements to mic quality, as well as squeeking noises fix for the heaphones.

Strange.. Only see 5.2.1 available... Has anyone else seen this update yet?

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 1:56 AM Post #1,295 of 2,079
May 5, 2021 at 2:11 AM Post #1,297 of 2,079
I’m also in Europe.
Did you update the B&O app from the app store first?
Yep, I am even in the beta program. So in principle I should be 1 release ahead .. But to be honest, I am having spontaneous power reset problems with my pair. And since it is a numbered edition, I am working with B&O directly to have it fixed. So I will also report this in ...

May 5, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #1,298 of 2,079
Looks like the volume level was improved? At the same level it seems higher after update.
I thought it seemed louder after the update as well which is great if that is the case :)
Strange.. Only see 5.2.1 available... Has anyone else seen this update yet?
I am in US and got the update today.

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 7:48 AM Post #1,300 of 2,079
Mine is v3.13.1.36474, or am i looking in a wrong place? I'm also a beta tester, EU
That's the app version. Go into the product settings and select software

May 5, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #1,301 of 2,079
I trying updating early this morning (in Europe) in iOS and nothing happening. I trying now at 14:00h and everything is working. The updating taking 2-3 minutes only.

Here is the notes about the new 5.7.4 firmware update:

Attachments

• IMG_1470.PNG
    IMG_1470.PNG
    380.6 KB · Views: 0
May 5, 2021 at 8:28 AM Post #1,302 of 2,079
I trying updating early this morning (in Europe) in iOS and nothing happening. I trying now at 14:00h and everything is working. The updating taking 2-3 minutes only.

One of my suggestions to B&O .. The mute button .. Great to see them listen to their customers ..

May 5, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #1,304 of 2,079
PSA:

I charge my H95 twice or three times a week, also never let it fall below 28% as a general rule of rechargeable batteries. Guess I must use it a lot for work and personal calls/music if I am charging it as often 😳

My MTW2 TWS gets a lot of downtime due to H95, unless I am out and about.

If it's like it is on the HX, then you will be able to use the slider in the app (that is normally to switch between ANC/Neutral/Transparency) also during calls (which will change the name to ANC/Neutral/Own voice) and that will enable people to turn off the "transparency" mode that gets automatically enabled on calls, and allow to switch to ANC even during calls (a thing I've read a lot of complaints about here). I guess on H95 it will work also using the left dial.

Quite a hefty changelog!

Amazing thing is that they added the microsoft mute button via software. It was not available previously, right?
And also that they're improving the microphone algorithm probably following what they have discovered developing the "virtual boom arm" for the Beoplay Portal.

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #1,305 of 2,079
Hey folks

my H95 (bought in Athens last month) just died :frowning2:

I was in a zoom call today (via Bluetooth, MacBook) and they just disconnected and never came back.
when attempting charging, the led flashes green for less than a second and turns off
No led/ sound when switching from off to on

tried resetting (hold BT up), nothing happens

if I connect them to a WinPC, it will make a device connected sound, appear as unknown device, disconnects and repeat.

called B&O today to see what I should do. The issue is that I’m actually not living in Athens (work from home from here, in an Airbnb ) and I’m leaving quite soon, and I’ll be home only in September. So they’ve recommended to go back to the shop (B&O’s partner store). The shop said they can’t replace it (yet, they’ll see with B&O if they can do replacement in shop).
I’ll wait until tomorrow to see if the shop has a faster solution.

questions:
Do you have any other idea on what to try? I’ll leave them “charging” over the night. But I doubt it will work.
do you have experience regarding timing with B&O warranty replacements in Europe? I understand that I have to send them in Germany. + check time. + return. Maybe I can make it before I leave.
or, do you know if I can have the pick up from Greece and the return somewhere else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back