NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Nov 2, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #556 of 2,077
WOW, these headphones sound incredibly bad.
WOW, and here's the guy who bought a kilo-buck pair of reference, open-back, wired cans and thinks he can "bury in sh... shine" every other headphones !
Especially the ones who clearly have a different use for people... I bet you're enjoying your HD800 a lot while commuting, mate! =)

Saying that the H95 sound bad in general is like swearing. If that was true, I'd have returned them right away (actually, since I've tried them in a B&O shop before buying them, I wouldn't have purchased them in the first place), since I own a pair of near-TOTL IEMs that sound even better than the HD800, with the exception of an inevitably narrower soundstage.

Saying that they're too bassy is also a blasphemy. The bass is there, but never overwhelming. To me, is just about spot-on, actually!
What's still beyond my grasp is how B&O managed to make it sound so extended, full and rounded with a single 40mm driver.
Oh well... So deep so good. But apparently, although fewer, there're also basshaters like out friend Justin hiding among bassheads out there! Funny.

As for the fit...
Nah, I won't even get into this.

Nov 2, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #557 of 2,077
Where I can buy one H95 online in the US?
Sadly enough, all B&O stores are located in the EU. I'm saying this because I think you should always "try before buy", although I doubt you'd be disapponted by the H95.
As of now, it looks like you can only buy the Grey Mist version from the official B&O online store. The Black one is probably out of stock, but I think you might still drop an email to ask about when they think it'll be available and get an answer.

Nov 2, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #558 of 2,077
Guys, you maybe need to appreciate that other people may have different views to yourselves and not feel the need to jump to an items defence just because you own it. We all have different opinions on various headphones and should respect others opinions. I am lucky to have a varied headphone collection and when I say negative things about H95 that is not comparing it to my HD800 (the S model) and DD, you made yourself look a twat to jump to that conclusion.

I hope you enjoy your H95 everyone that likes them as I respect that your opinion is different to mine, that doesn’t make you wrong and me right It’s what make this hobby what it is, if we all liked the same it would be pretty dull, just broaden your views and appreciate that people like different things.

Nov 2, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #560 of 2,077
you made yourself look a twat to jump to that conclusion
WOW. Looks like someone got as defensive as I did here. Or rather offensive.
I see you've updated your signature, by the way... About time.

I respect everyone's opinion. But saying that the H95 sound bad is just plain wrong. Period.
Besides, I jumped to that conclusion because you led me to it, or did nothing to prevent me to get there by not being specific. Simple as that.

Now... To what pair of headphones in your collection would the H95 sound incredibly bad in comparison?
The H9? Hah. Right...

Nov 2, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #562 of 2,077
There are so many better headphones than these for this money.
Name one then, and I'll let go to sleep. =)
The Ananda BT are $200 more. And yeah, I wouldn't wear those on a bus.
The Mobius? Even cheaper. Nice planars. Comparable sound, according to someone in this thread. No ANC. Flimsy build.

I'm waiting...

[Edit - A few, sad hours for Europe later]: As expected. Not a name within the wireless ANC closed-back realm.
I must apologize, gentlemen. I just get a little turned by blokes saying something is bad without comparing it to anything else similar.
Mods are obviously free to delete my posts, if deemed offensive or simply pointless.
My sincere apologies to the spoiled brit brat Jason as well: you are safe to keep playing the peacock with your multiple 4-figure ££££ cans you basically won't step out of home with.
And with your (worse in every department compared to the H95) H9i, for that matter. *Peas*

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #563 of 2,077
Guys, you maybe need to appreciate that other people may have different views to yourselves and not feel the need to jump to an items defence just because you own it. We all have different opinions on various headphones and should respect others opinions. I am lucky to have a varied headphone collection and when I say negative things about H95 that is not comparing it to my HD800 (the S model) and DD, you made yourself look a twat to jump to that conclusion.

I hope you enjoy your H95 everyone that likes them as I respect that your opinion is different to mine, that doesn’t make you wrong and me right It’s what make this hobby what it is, if we all liked the same it would be pretty dull, just broaden your views and appreciate that people like different things.

The problem isn't that you don't liking the h95, or having more different opinions in this thread about this headphone, but how you exaggerating so much the things you personally don't liking about this headphone, and I saying this in my previous post already. I never speaking about your h800 in my previous post, I speaking about mine, and I using my h800 as a reference in my comparison about the bass you criticising so, so much in the h95.

I don't know if you liking or not the h9i you having in your signature, but the measurements always showing this isn't a headphone with good sound (with bad peaks in the frequency). I owning the h9i before and I returning quickly. And one problem I personally having with h9i, h9, h9 3 gen and h7 is the round earcups don't covering my ears completely, I must putting always one part of the top of ears inside the earcups.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #564 of 2,077
Today is 2 months exactly from the day I receiving my h95.

Do I regretting my purchase, maybe even a little? No, not at all, not even a very little bit. Is the contrary, in fact.

Today, too, for curiosity I taking out my b&w p7 wireless, my favourite (anc) wireless headphone, as complete package before the h95, for more than 3 years; this is comparing with about 40 (anc) wireless headphones and earphones. The p7 wireless is really great headphone and still I don't wanting selling this now classic headphone.

But what is very interesting for me is how impractical the volume buttons and the playback controls (play/pause and next/previous track) is seeming now in the p7w (slow when comparing with h95), and the p7w is better than everything I trying before in this important aspect. The h95 user experience for me is really exceptional (apart from the great sound and excellent anc) and a very sufficient reason, for ME, paying a premium price.

In this 2 months I only charging the 5th time 4 days ago, and after the first charge is always when the battery is showing 30-40%.

The h95 is really without doubt a very excellent product.

I've been using my H95 for just under 2 months. Once I put them on, they're very hard to take off. I second everything you have said in this thread, angelom. :) I'm very surprised to hear JustinS's thoughts. I respect his opinion, as headphone experiences are naturally subjective, though I find it hard to believe that these sound "incredibly bad" nor that their bass is bloated. I find it to be precise, perhaps only slightly elevated above that of the Dali IO-6. To each his own, I suppose, and the H95 certainly are not cheap (though their build quality is unmatched, in my opinion).

The only issue I had was the random drops during calls. I fixed that by disabling "Enable automatic standby" via the B&O iOS app. Now I can use these for calls for hours, with very clear call quality on both ends and without any disconnects. I now have no issues with these – they sound phenomenal, they're beautiful, and they're very comfortable to wear (no more clamping pressure) to the point that I've fallen asleep wearing them numerous times.

As stated in my earlier review, I can place these well above other ANC pairs I've tried (B&W PX7, Dali IO-6, M&D MW65, Beyerdynamic Lagoon, Sennheiser Momentum 3, QC35, etc.) in terms of sound quality and, for the most part, ANC effectiveness.

Nov 3, 2020 at 12:02 AM Post #565 of 2,077
I've been using my H95 for just under 2 months. Once I put them on, they're very hard to take off. I second everything you have said in this thread, angelom. :) I'm very surprised to hear JustinS's thoughts. I respect his opinion, as headphone experiences are naturally subjective, though I find it hard to believe that these sound "incredibly bad" nor that their bass is bloated. I find it to be precise, perhaps only slightly elevated above that of the Dali IO-6. To each his own, I suppose, and the H95 certainly are not cheap (though their build quality is unmatched, in my opinion).

The only issue I had was the random drops during calls. I fixed that by disabling "Enable automatic standby" via the B&O iOS app. Now I can use these for calls for hours, with very clear call quality on both ends and without any disconnects. I now have no issues with these – they sound phenomenal, they're beautiful, and they're very comfortable to wear (no more clamping pressure) to the point that I've fallen asleep wearing them numerous times.

As stated in my earlier review, I can place these well above other ANC pairs I've tried (B&W PX7, Dali IO-6, M&D MW65, Beyerdynamic Lagoon, Sennheiser Momentum 3, QC35, etc.) in terms of sound quality and, for the most part, ANC effectiveness.

Seeing you're one of the few that has tried the Beyer Lagoon, would you compare Lagoon, PX7, Momentum 3 and Dali IO-6 to the H95 in terms of sound signature, please? :D

Nov 3, 2020 at 3:10 AM Post #566 of 2,077
The problem isn't that you don't liking the h95, or having more different opinions in this thread about this headphone, but how you exaggerating so much the things you personally don't liking about this headphone, and I saying this in my previous post already. I never speaking about your h800 in my previous post, I speaking about mine, and I using my h800 as a reference in my comparison about the bass you criticising so, so much in the h95.

I don't know if you liking or not the h9i you having in your signature, but the measurements always showing this isn't a headphone with good sound (with bad peaks in the frequency). I owning the h9i before and I returning quickly. And one problem I personally having with h9i, h9, h9 3 gen and h7 is the round earcups don't covering my ears completely, I must putting always one part of the top of ears inside the earcups.

Thanks for your considered reply, maybe I just had too high expectations of them, I will sit down tonight and have another listen and do some comparisons.

Have a good day!

Nov 3, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #567 of 2,077
Hi guys,

New member so I hope I am allowed to ask this question.

I am currently owning the B&O H9. To my ears it produces a really nice sound, better than the Philips Fidelio X2-HR, better than the B&W P7 Wireless and mind me, even better than the Oppo PM-3 I also own and even better than the AudioQuest I Nighthawk I also have.

I would be interested in "upgrading" to the B&O H95 but something in this thread drawed my attention. It has been written that the B&O H95 cannot be used in passive mode.
My question is really simple. Let's admit that the battery of the B&O H95 is totally depleted, no juice at all. What will happen if I hook it up to an audio source using the audio jack cable ? Will I get sound nonetheless or will is simply remain silent ?
I often forget to charge the H9 and I am then really happy to be able to be able to take it on the run and being able to hook it up to my DAP. But if you now tell me that I won't be able to do the same with the B&O H95, I'll stick to the H9 and will save 800€ :wink:

Anyone can provide really simple "Yes it will play" or "Nope, no sound" answer ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards.

Nov 3, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #568 of 2,077
Hi guys,

New member so I hope I am allowed to ask this question.

I am currently owning the B&O H9. To my ears it produces a really nice sound, better than the Philips Fidelio X2-HR, better than the B&W P7 Wireless and mind me, even better than the Oppo PM-3 I also own and even better than the AudioQuest I Nighthawk I also have.

I would be interested in "upgrading" to the B&O H95 but something in this thread drawed my attention. It has been written that the B&O H95 cannot be used in passive mode.
My question is really simple. Let's admit that the battery of the B&O H95 is totally depleted, no juice at all. What will happen if I hook it up to an audio source using the audio jack cable ? Will I get sound nonetheless or will is simply remain silent ?
I often forget to charge the H9 and I am then really happy to be able to be able to take it on the run and being able to hook it up to my DAP. But if you now tell me that I won't be able to do the same with the B&O H95, I'll stick to the H9 and will save 800€ :wink:

Anyone can provide really simple "Yes it will play" or "Nope, no sound" answer ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards.
Nope, no sound😃

Nov 3, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #569 of 2,077
Nope, no sound😃

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your answer. You just saved me 800€ :)
I must say that this is a really huge surprise (and also a disappointment)... as the H9 produces purely passive sound and that is cool.
It is even better than the B&W P7 Wireless that automatically shuts down BT when a cable is hooked up.
But I think with the H9 you can have totally passive, passive with ANC or active w/o ANC and finally, of course, active with ANC. Too bad the H95 cannot offer the same especially given it's priece :frowning2:

Regards.

Nov 3, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #570 of 2,077
Hi,
Thanks a lot for your answer. You just saved me 800€ :)
I must say that this is a really huge surprise (and also a disappointment)... as the H9 produces purely passive sound and that is cool.
It is even better than the B&W P7 Wireless that automatically shuts down BT when a cable is hooked up.
But I think with the H9 you can have totally passive, passive with ANC or active w/o ANC and finally, of course, active with ANC. Too bad the H95 cannot offer the same especially given it's priece :frowning2:

Regards.
The B&W PX and PX7 do the same. No passive mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back