NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Oct 21, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #526 of 2,077
Just found another comparison Video:

have not watched it, will Watch it later

This is other very good review by the same person doing full review of h95 2 days ago, even if I'm not agree with some things he's saying (I know all 4 headphones he's mentioning). Now he's comparing the h95 to sony xm4, sennheiser m3 and bose nc700.

For me the interesting part is the anc comparison (starting at about 14:10).

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #527 of 2,077
It definitely IS a point to consider at this price point and I couldn't care less if you are happy with that or not, angelom.

Good, I can't waiting for many, many more h95 terrible volume problem posts. Is exciting!

Oct 21, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #528 of 2,077
Good, I can't waiting for many, many more h95 terrible volume problem posts. Is exciting!

You are not to decide what others find interesting or not. Quick advice: You may just ignore the ones that YOU don't find exciting. Quite an option, eh?

Oct 21, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #529 of 2,077
Oct 21, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #530 of 2,077
Oct 21, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #531 of 2,077
(...) he unlocked some sound setting in the developer options in his android phone that made the volume "enough for him to keep them".

That is interesting. Can you get some information on what exactly he did? Maybe there's a hint in that on what's going on.
Strange though, because the Bluetooth channel can't go beyond 0dB level, and the actual volume comes from the interpretation on the receiving side. Did he try this same option with other headphones and to what effect?

Oct 21, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #532 of 2,077
That is interesting. Can you get some information on what exactly he did? Maybe there's a hint in that on what's going on.
Strange though, because the Bluetooth channel can't go beyond 0dB level, and the actual volume comes from the interpretation on the receiving side. Did he try this same option with other headphones and to what effect?

I cannot tell you exactly because I'm on iOS entirely these days but he wrote (in German)

"Stimmt auch und deswegen hätte ich ihn fast nicht behalten. Allerdings kann man bei Android in den Entwickleroptionen die Begrenzung der maximalen Bluetooth Lautstärke deaktivieren. Das hat genug Extradampf gegeben, um sie behalten zu können.Nichtsdestotrotz verstehe ich nicht, warum sich Bang & Olufsen dadurch so stark künstlich limitiert."

That roughly translates into:

That's correct and because of that I almost did not keep them. However, on Android you can deactivate the cap of the maximum bluetooth volume level in the developer settings. That has given them enough extra power in order to keep them. Nevertheless, I cannot understand why Bang & Olufsen artificially limit themselves with that"

Oct 21, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #533 of 2,077
A quick Google search brought up this (for the Android developer settings):

Disable Absolute Volume

By default, absolute volume is enabled, which means that the volume buttons on your phone and your Bluetooth device both control the same volume level. Generally, this is convenient, but it can cause problems with some Bluetooth devices.

Turning absolute volume off means that your phone volume and the Bluetooth device will use two separate volume levels. Try disabling it (by turning on the slider) if your Bluetooth device doesn't work properly with your phone, or has extremely loud or quiet volume.

You may need disconnect and reconnect any Bluetooth devices, or even reboot your phone, for absolute volume changes to take effect.

Oct 21, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #534 of 2,077
I’m not android user for a long time, but as far as I remember, you can try to enable/disable absolute volume in dev settings.
Technically, disabling absolute volume means that your phone volume and the Bluetooth device will use two separate volume levels.
After disabling this option phone needs to be rebooted as I remember.
UPD: Ah, that already posted in upper post :)

Oct 22, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #536 of 2,077
@Tenlow: Did your friend post his experience in a german forum? I ask, because I‘m german and interestedif there is a german forum, which I do Not know.

No, he didn't..He just wrote it to me personally, sorry :) I don't think there is a German forum as good as this one here either :D

Btw. I just figured out today that there is a B&O shop in my city (Mannheim) and that they do have the H95 in store to demo. I will do that within the next couple of days when I have the time for it!

Oct 22, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #537 of 2,077
Btw. I just figured out today that there is a B&O shop in my city (Mannheim) and that they do have the H95 in store to demo. I will do that within the next couple of days when I have the time for it!

I writing this to plakat about 4 weeks ago (when he saying he will trying h95 in next days but he never doing that), so I think this is true for you too:

I don't know about b&o shops in Austria but maybe you having restrictions for trying headphones because of the covid-19 (and maybe even isn't possible at all). Maybe you must reserving a time before auditioning the product. If this is true, this is my suggestion, specially because of the high price:

1. Try and go when your ears aren't tired because maybe you exposing your ears to much (loud) sounds in the day. The hearing, like with taste and smell, responding different if a lot of (strong) stimulation is present before trying something new and/or comparing. This will helping you hearing better the h95, and if you taking your sa50 (this is ideal for you), is better too for more correct comparisons. When we hearing many sounds in the day, even great headphones maybe not sounding so good after this. (this is my experience in the past many times)

2. Choose your music for testing (and/or comparing) carefully because maybe you don't having sufficient time for audition. I saying all this because you don't having the h95 for some days and maybe only little time.

And in other post after that, speaking about plakat's idea that isn't easy comparing two bt headphones easily I writing:

Yes, you only needing connecting 2 or 3 headphones / earphones in bluetooth settings in the iPhone and then you can changing easily from one to other by pressing pause in one headphone and then pressing play in the other, the change is automatic and isn't necessary going to bt settings each time. Today I comparing quickly this way the new ms2 with my p7w and xm3.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #538 of 2,077
Maybe a little bit offtopic, but I have a question to the B&O App. For older discs from the eighties I defined a listening mode in the App with a little more Bass. When I have listened to this Music with this mode and I make a Pause and quit the B&O App and the Music App for a while, and then I listen again without reopening the B&O App, will the music preserve the chosen listening mode?

Oct 23, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #540 of 2,077
Today I saw the silver one and had a chance to compare with H9 3rd gen. I was in B&O while waiting for service of my car. H95 sounds significantly better than H9, and I noticed with H9 I also need to max volume. H9’s ear cup is indeed smaller and less comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back