NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Oct 24, 2020 at 5:14 AM Post #541 of 2,077
Just spent half an hour with these in the showroom. The fact they have a nice Scandinavian sofa to sit in makes it more relaxing.

First impressions are good. Great fit and finish unsurprisingly, and comfortable. I have a huge cranium so often the clamping force can be too high if the wrong materials are used.

Firstly. They are not crazy loud, but they go loud enough to cause long term hearing damage on rock, on android. So unless you guys complaining have a technical problem, stop it with the crazy volume. With the exception of some audiophile recordings which are deliberately recorded very low, when it was just loud enough, there was plently of volume. I fidled with the developer options to give no difference. However, my Mobius went a couple of notches louder. No need though.

Straight off, they were clear and neutral, with good detail, but with a lump of bass added. Why can no headphone developer resist larging up the bass? It isn't accurate, and mangles the music timing perception (engineers use this in the mix to bring up or down the pace).

I persevered, fiddling with the codec options and bit depth in develeoper options, to no effect (or drop out as it changes. See later). I tried all sorts of music, and always the same result, lovely, but uninvolving. Bass and pace were off.

So I stood up and went to get my Mobius and compare. Yup, Mobius are much more fun and revealing of the timing interplay (although they are not perfect. The Sine is much better)

Going back to the H95, it was different this time. The bass lump was more integrated, and everything hung together more. The only difference seemed to be the position on my head standing up was slightly further forward. This subdued the top end a little, but not the difference I was now hearing. Swapping back and forth a few times I noticed something. Now each time it came up aptx HD on the screen, which it hadn't I think before. I'd asked for it in developement options, but I suspect it hadn't heppened until reconnection, as now the bit depth and other stuff made a small mute as it changes. Note I am using Mobius on LDAC 96kHz 24bit in this comparison. I don't know why the 96kHz makes so much difference on LDAC, but it does.

With the abtx HD firmy on, these are great headphones. They are not universally better than the Mobius, but they compete on sound quality. They are brighter with more bight, where the mobius is more eftortless. But the H95 overal is on a par. There is more bass, which I do not prefer, but it is at least aligned and tuneful when a good CODEC is used. They are non fatiguing, fun, involving, musical and hard to put down. Isn't that more important than all the audiophile nonsense?

Of course they are much better constructed than the Mobius. I'm on my second set of Mobius, as the first ones snapped on a weakspot on the headband. I use the old pair as spares, which I have needed several times.

So I asked how much, and they told me (nearly double the Mobius), but I'd have to order them.
If they'd been in stock, I was severely tempted. They are great.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #544 of 2,077
First graphs I see for this (but as there is no comparison available on the same rig it's difficult to draw conclusions from it)

The first graph is available 35 days ago. You can seeing in post #2 of this thread the graph and the link of the article. The h95 graph including graphs for shure aonic 50, sony xm4 and b&o h9 3 gen.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #545 of 2,077
Oct 27, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #546 of 2,077
Can anyone compare them to H6 2nd sound wise please?
I can :) It sounds completely different. H95 has better overall frequency response. I mean more flat curve than H6. And it has much wider sound stage.It is the biggest benefit from H95. But after H6 voices sound not so reach. And overall sound not so bright. H95 has better highs but it has a lot of artefacts in brilliance. After my H6 2gen I was really disappointed at the beginning. Because you can easily hear some problems but you need some experience to find new advantages. And after about 5 days of listening H95 becomes better. I started to find some new effects and sounds in my favorit tracks. And again: sound stage is awesome comparing with H6. It means a lot. But in some tracks brilliance artefacts are so annoying that I can only skip those tracks. I definitely want to keep my H95 (now I am waiting for replacement from B&O service, because my previous h95 was claimed as defective regarding volume dial). But after some experience with H95, H6 still sounds really awesome. With H6 now I can hear only some problems with from mids to highs diapason and narrow sound stage. All the rest is really cool regarding sound in H6 especially in vocals.

Oct 27, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #547 of 2,077
Oct 30, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #549 of 2,077
How do these compare to the B&W PX7 or even the PW7?
I'm sorry, pablohoney mate... I only own the original PX from B&W, so I can't really help with this here as the PX7 are a deeply revised set in comparison.
Build quality is the only area where I can say the PX can live up to the H95 by the way. Everything else is perceivably worse, although I'm gonna keep them as a backup pair while also not being the re-sale kind of guy, but rather one who likes to keep "dealing with his choices" be them right or wrong. The PX were some kind of in-between mixed bag.

By searching the thread, since I remembered someone naming the PX7, I found that @soundblast75 tried the PX7 but also put them on sale (sorry if I ended up getting you into this, soundpal !). I think he doesn't own the H95 though, so... Not really helpful again, I'm afraid.

Nov 1, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #550 of 2,077
I can :) It sounds completely different. H95 has better overall frequency response. I mean more flat curve than H6. And it has much wider sound stage.It is the biggest benefit from H95. But after H6 voices sound not so reach. And overall sound not so bright. H95 has better highs but it has a lot of artefacts in brilliance. After my H6 2gen I was really disappointed at the beginning. Because you can easily hear some problems but you need some experience to find new advantages. And after about 5 days of listening H95 becomes better. I started to find some new effects and sounds in my favorit tracks. And again: sound stage is awesome comparing with H6. It means a lot. But in some tracks brilliance artefacts are so annoying that I can only skip those tracks. I definitely want to keep my H95 (now I am waiting for replacement from B&O service, because my previous h95 was claimed as defective regarding volume dial). But after some experience with H95, H6 still sounds really awesome. With H6 now I can hear only some problems with from mids to highs diapason and narrow sound stage. All the rest is really cool regarding sound in H6 especially in vocals.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. That sounds interesting. I have both h9i and h6 2nd and h6 is better than h9i in every aspect. I’ve heard somewhere that h6 2 sounds not worse than h95 but your explanation makes me more curious about h95 sound! Thanks again

Nov 2, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #551 of 2,077
WOW, these headphones sound incredibly bad. I had them delivered about 30 minutes ago and I had to take them off. I have never heard such bloated over pronounced bass as these things give out. Why oh why did someone design the ear pad size so that they are neither on ear or over ear. The rings on either ear piece feel flimsy and cheap, they Should be sold without the tin for £399. Already requested a returns label. My advice, think long and hard before parting with your money for these incredibly over priced headphones. There are so many better headphones than these for this money.

Nov 2, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #552 of 2,077
Today is 2 months exactly from the day I receiving my h95.

Do I regretting my purchase, maybe even a little? No, not at all, not even a very little bit. Is the contrary, in fact.

Today, too, for curiosity I taking out my b&w p7 wireless, my favourite (anc) wireless headphone, as complete package before the h95, for more than 3 years; this is comparing with about 40 (anc) wireless headphones and earphones. The p7 wireless is really great headphone and still I don't wanting selling this now classic headphone.

But what is very interesting for me is how impractical the volume buttons and the playback controls (play/pause and next/previous track) is seeming now in the p7w (slow when comparing with h95), and the p7w is better than everything I trying before in this important aspect. The h95 user experience for me is really exceptional (apart from the great sound and excellent anc) and a very sufficient reason, for ME, paying a premium price.

In this 2 months I only charging the 5th time 4 days ago, and after the first charge is always when the battery is showing 30-40%.

The h95 is really without doubt a very excellent product.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #554 of 2,077
I have never heard such bloated over pronounced bass as these things give out

I'm sorry but this is a serious exaggeration. I have sennheiser h800 (a very neutral / reference headphone) and yes, the h95 is more bassy, but ONLY a little, and some people, like me, maybe thinking the h95 bass is more realistic that the h800's bass. Saying h95 is having "bloated over pronounced bass" is tremendous exaggeration. Maybe your pair is faulty, but I really think this is improbable.

Why oh why did someone design the ear pad size so that they are neither on ear or over ear...

This is other exaggeration, I'm sorry. Is ok if you saying the earpads are small for you. In this thread I think one, or maybe two persons, saying that, but many, many, many more having no problems with this at all.

The rings on either ear piece feel flimsy and cheap

This is more exaggeration. Yes, maybe the dials can feeling more solid / heavy, but saying "flimsy and cheap" is really exaggeration.

Is ok if you don't liking the fit, the sound and the dials, and you thinking other headphones are better alternative, but you seriously are exaggerating about all this aspects you're mentioning.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back