NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Sep 27, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #331 of 2,077
After using the H95 for nearly two weeks, I can safely say they are the best wireless headphones I’ve used, I’m no audiophile though:smile_phones:

I find the H95, more comfortable than my PX7 and SA50. I can wear them for hours, while working.

Battery life is very extensive and phone call quality is on a par with my AirPod Pros.

The highs and mids are pretty clear, without the bass being overwhelming. The bass always seems on point, you can adjust this in the app to suit your preference. I do think the SA50 highs and mids are better, but the bass is underwhelming in the SA50 compared to H95 and the bass can be overwhelming in the PX7, so much so it clouds the highs and mids to an extent.

I did have multipoint problems with the H95, after updating to ios14. I contacted B&O about it and they sent me an email, detailing how to do a reset. This involved unpairing and deleting the app.

All in all, I’m keeping them and can’t stop using them at the moment.

I putting a link with your impressions already in post # 2.

Hi,

i have been using this excellent pair of headphones since 4 days now. I was able to get them in black with a decent discount from an local B&o store. The last headphones i used were the H9 3gen and til last tuesday i was convinced that they are very good, i loved them. And then, bang! the H95‘s just blowed this away. The highs, the mids and the lows are just at point. They are a little bit louder than the H9‘s i think (is more subjective). I can discover now more details with the H95. The clearance is very good without any sibilance.

Comfort is superb, Call quality is also very good.

A lot of fun for the money. I really would recommend the H95s

I putting too a link with your impressions in post # 2.

I'll most probably get to listen to the H95 next week, if I can get myself across town to visit a local store that is... I also asked the Mont Blanc store to test the MB-01, but will unfortunately not be able to compare them directly. Nevertheless I'm looking forward to check them out myself, although either one would just have to be fantastic to convince me to get just another headphone... I'm actually very happy with my Aonic 50 and use them a lot at the moment.

Hello again plakat.

I think you aren't interested in h95 anymore after you knowing you can't using this headphone in full passive mode. But I see you're curious still. Now that you maybe trying h95 next week I'm very, very nervous that you saying h95 is bad and sa50 many better! :)

But I'm serious now. I want saying some things if your curiosity is serious. With this I meaning that maybe you're considering seriously buying this very expensive headphone. I don't know about b&o shops in Austria but maybe you having restrictions for trying headphones because of the covid-19 (and maybe even isn't possible at all). Maybe you must reserving a time before auditioning the product. If this is true, this is my suggestion, specially because of the high price:

1. Try and go when your ears aren't tired because maybe you exposing your ears to much (loud) sounds in the day. The hearing, like with taste and smell, responding different if a lot of (strong) stimulation is present before trying something new and/or comparing. This will helping you hearing better the h95, and if you taking your sa50 (this is ideal for you), is better too for more correct comparisons. When we hearing many sounds in the day, even great headphones maybe not sounding so good after this. (this is my experience in the past many times)

2. Choose your music for testing (and/or comparing) carefully because maybe you don't having sufficient time for audition. I saying all this because you don't having the h95 for some days and maybe only little time.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2020 at 4:42 AM Post #333 of 2,077
Is there any sound leakage with the H95?

No.

----------------------

The black colour is available now online:

Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 10.37.29.png

Sep 28, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #335 of 2,077
Hi @angelom
my interest is no more serious than with any other toy :wink:
So while your comments regarding hearing/noise are of course correct, I can only fit the visit into my schedule... but since I'm working mostly from home, its only the journey to the B&O place, given the circumstances either by car or bike, so should be relatively harmless.

Over the years I came to the habit of classifying headphones rather fast (which is sufficient for my own needs and a reason I never write reviews). I always try to be transparent how I came to my conclusions, but I can't guarantee the outcome is useful for anybody else. Since experience is rather hard to transfer, I've given up on that some time ago.

I might pack my Aonic50, but since switching Bluetooth connections takes quite some time direct comparisons are hard anyway. Another reason I try to just get an impression of the headphone in question is that comparisons always exaggerate differences, that fade with normal usage.

I'm certainly not going into a test with a predefined impression (of course I do have expectations from the many descriptions I've read though), and I always try to be fair regarding the work that went into a product. So I don't trash products, not even if I don't like them at all -- it may well be that another one's preferences are perfectly aligned with the product in question.

In this case I do have some personal red flags, which includes price: I'm wary of the ever increasing price tags, because I rather seldom see the overall value in line with the asking price. Which is why I've relegated my interests to midprice models, where I see the best performance/price ratios. The H95 is interesting as a beautiful product (something I do mind), yet its price tag demands good technical quality as well (that being sound, manufacturing, handlung, long-term value etc.). And to answer these questions for me, I'll just have a look :)

The local B&O shop was very forthcoming, and I'll be able to test the H95 there. If they are OK with it, I'll get out on the street with it, since I try to avoid closed rooms as much as possible.

Sep 28, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #336 of 2,077
Hi @angelom

I might pack my Aonic50, but since switching Bluetooth connections takes quite some time direct comparisons are hard anyway. Another reason I try to just get an impression of the headphone in question is that comparisons always exaggerate differences, that fade with normal usage.

I don't know but I think you have Android phone/player? I don't know the limitations of Android or of your particular Android phone/player, but with my iPhone I can comparing VERY quickly maximum 3 headphones/earphones. I only pressing pause (or taking off the headphone for pause if the feature is available) and press play in the other headphone. But some people preferring comparing in different ways (for example listening a complete track and then changing headphones, or listening some more long time one headphone and then the other)

In this case I do have some personal red flags, which includes price: I'm wary of the ever increasing price tags, because I rather seldom see the overall value in line with the asking price. Which is why I've relegated my interests to midprice models, where I see the best performance/price ratios. The H95 is interesting as a beautiful product (something I do mind), yet its price tag demands good technical quality as well (that being sound, manufacturing, handlung, long-term value etc.).

For me price is VERY important too and I'm more critical when a product is more / very expensive. Few minutes before you writing your post I starting new thread with first impressions of this headphone that costing 280,00 euros and is very probably my new recommendation for wireless anc headphone with max price of 400 / 500 euros: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/microsoft-surface-2-anc-headphones.943463/#post-15889271

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #339 of 2,077
I don't know but I think you have Android phone/player? I don't know the limitations of Android or of your particular Android phone/player, but with my iPhone I can comparing VERY quickly maximum 3 headphones/earphones. I only pressing pause (or taking off the headphone for pause if the feature is available) and press play in the other headphone. But some people preferring comparing in different ways (for example listening a complete track and then changing headphones, or listening some more long time one headphone and then the other)

For me price is VERY important too and I'm more critical when a product is more / very expensive. Few minutes before you writing your post I starting new thread with first impressions of this headphone that costing 280,00 euros and is very probably my new recommendation for wireless anc headphone with max price of 400 / 500 euros: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/microsoft-surface-2-anc-headphones.943463/#post-15889271

I'm iPhone only :wink: My only Android device is an AK380SS, which has abysmal Bluetooth reception due to its massive shell.

Never thought about using the play buttons on the specific headphone... I've always switched Bluetooth output manually, which is time consuming.

Sep 28, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #340 of 2,077
I'm iPhone only :wink:

Good! :)

Never thought about using the play buttons on the specific headphone... I've always switched Bluetooth output manually, which is time consuming.

Yes, you only needing connecting 2 or 3 headphones / earphones in bluetooth settings in the iPhone and then you can changing easily from one to other by pressing pause in one headphone and then pressing play in the other, the change is automatic and isn't necessary going to bt settings each time. Today I comparing quickly this way the new ms2 with my p7w and xm3.

Sep 29, 2020 at 6:33 AM Post #342 of 2,077
Scanning the thread and cant see 100%

Will this transmit 44.1k 24 bit audio over bluetooth?

AptxHD ? Or does the AptX adaptive do this also?

Thanks

Update just found this online (annoyingly answering my own question)
Screenshot 2020-09-29 at 11.47.58.png

So do you think paired with an Android DAP - do you think it might transmit 96k 24 bit over bluetooth?

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #343 of 2,077
Hi all.
Just joined as I am interested in these and not a lot of reviews out there.

Today I found this, but do not understand Dutch.

Could anyone her help translate?

Sep 29, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #345 of 2,077
Hi all.
Just joined as I am interested in these and not a lot of reviews out there.

Today I found this, but do not understand Dutch.

Could anyone her help translate?

If you go to post #2 in this thread you having my impressions AND 13 links with impressions of other owners of h95 in this thread PLUS 4 links of videos from youtube in English of users that aren't connected with b&o or that are sponsors.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back