NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Sep 23, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #316 of 2,077
These aren’t as loud as some other headphones I’m used to (H6 gen 2), but they are wireless and playing a balancing act between volume and battery life.
And what about comparing with Beoplay H6 regarding sound quality? Because I returned my H9i right after buying because the sound was much worse comparing with super-clear H6. And now I am really curious about H95 headphones. Thank you!

Sep 23, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #317 of 2,077
Just wanted to comment on volume on the H95: I’m in the camp that for whatever reason listens to music at louder volumes. (Damaged hearing? Less sensitive ears?)

I find I’m Listening between 70-100% volume (usually closer to 70, depending on the recording.) These aren’t as loud as some other headphones I’m used to (H6 gen 2), but they are wireless and playing a balancing act between volume and battery life. (I imagine I will not get anywhere near as many hours of battery life from these as the OP, but still expect they’ll be very good.)

Take that for what it’s worth. They’re *almost* not loud enough for me on some recordings, but I’m still satisfied so far.

You saying that you're listening usually "closer to 70%". If this is true, I can guaranteeing that you will obtaining at least 50 hours of battery life (with anc and ambient mode off). I obtaining 62h 35m with volume average of 60-65%, and remember I having some anc and ambient mode on and telephone calls with that total number of hours. So, I really don't thinking this is "a balancing act between volume and battery life". B&O really improving battery life significantly with the h95 comparing with all the others b&o (anc) wireless models.

Sep 23, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #318 of 2,077
And what about comparing with Beoplay H6 regarding sound quality? Because I returned my H9i right after buying because the sound was much worse comparing with super-clear H6. And now I am really curious about H95 headphones. Thank you!

I never trying the h6 1g or 2g, so I can't comparing with h95 and making real comment from experience. BUT today, in 2020, probably the (anc) wireless headphones with the best, more correct, sound if we considering only the frequency response graphs, are the shure aonic 50 and the h95. I think everyone looking this thread already knowing which of this two headphones is my favourite.

Edit. I too returning the h9i only 1-2 days after receiving. I don't liking this headphone at all.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #319 of 2,077
So far I've bought and returned or sold the DALI IO-6, Beyerdynamic Lagoon, M&D MW65, Sennheiser Momentum 3, B&W PX7, Shure AONIC 50, and Sony XM3.

Received my pair of black H95 about a week ago and have been testing them for 5-6 hours a day (Spotify via Bluetooth with ANC on, phone calls, conference calls) without adjusting the EQ. The H95 have a very open, detailed, and engaging sound with deep bass. They're enjoyable to listen to and have a little bit more oomph than my DALI IO-6 without sacrificing clarity. I've tested them across genres, from death metal to jazz to shoe gaze and hip hop, and I've thoroughly enjoyed every song. Definitely headphones I can listen to for extended periods, whereas sometimes the highs on the DALIs were a little grating after an hour.

Call quality is very good, about on par with the AONIC 50. I've tested calls outside and inside with no complaints from the other end. They've been great in conference calls on Zoom.

ANC, which is adjustable with the left knob, is excellent, only slightly behind the XM3/XM4 in my experience and much better than the MW65 and DALIs. I've tested the H95 in various environments. Transparency mode sounds fairly natural and close to that of my AirPods Pro.

No issues with connectivity. I easily pair the headphones simultaneously with my iPhone 11 Pro and MacBook Pro. I've walked around my apartment and across multiple walls without any issues.

Build quality is outstanding. These feel very polished and sturdy but they're so expensive that I've been extremely careful with them regardless. The metal case is a great addition.

Volume and ANC adjustment knobs work great. The touch controls on the right ear can be finicky but I don't really use touch controls so that doesn't bother me (EDIT: see my later post clarifying that my own clumsiness might contribute to my issues with touch controls in general).

Comfort is a mixed bag. The first 20 min or so I can feel some downward pressure from the headband but eventually I don't really notice it. The ear pads are soft and comfortable but don't entirely cover my ears. When wearing my glasses, which have a fairly thick frame, my ears can feel a little uncomfortable after an hour. I had the same problem with the other headphones I've tried, however, and I have a pretty large head.

Lastly, I can confirm angelom's experience with battery life. I fully charged them when I first got them and they still have over 20% remaining.

I've now had the H95 for a little over 2 weeks and plan on keeping them. I stand by my original post on almost all points. These have been a real pleasure to use for music and conference calls. They've become more comfortable over time as well. However, I have been having minor connectivity issues, namely minor stuttering here and there even when I'm right next to my phone or laptop. I also notice that sometimes during Zoom calls my headphones will temporarily disconnect and reconnect after 10-30 seconds. It's happened probably 4 times so far.

Sep 25, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #322 of 2,077
@adnhussn Thank you for your impression. What do you think about loudness? Compare the others? Is it loud enough?

It gets more than loud enough *for me* at least. The only pair I owned that didn't get loud enough was the MW65. I often had to turn the volume up to max. With the H95, I'm usually at 60-70% volume on my phone or laptop, depending on the song.

Sep 26, 2020 at 1:23 AM Post #324 of 2,077
After using the H95 for nearly two weeks, I can safely say they are the best wireless headphones I’ve used, I’m no audiophile though:smile_phones:

I find the H95, more comfortable than my PX7 and SA50. I can wear them for hours, while working.

Battery life is very extensive and phone call quality is on a par with my AirPod Pros.

The highs and mids are pretty clear, without the bass being overwhelming. The bass always seems on point, you can adjust this in the app to suit your preference. I do think the SA50 highs and mids are better, but the bass is underwhelming in the SA50 compared to H95 and the bass can be overwhelming in the PX7, so much so it clouds the highs and mids to an extent.

I did have multipoint problems with the H95, after updating to ios14. I contacted B&O about it and they sent me an email, detailing how to do a reset. This involved unpairing and deleting the app.

All in all, I’m keeping them and can’t stop using them at the moment.

Sep 26, 2020 at 5:22 AM Post #325 of 2,077
Hi,

i have been using this excellent pair of headphones since 4 days now. I was able to get them in black with a decent discount from an local B&o store. The last headphones i used were the H9 3gen and til last tuesday i was convinced that they are very good, i loved them. And then, bang! the H95‘s just blowed this away. The highs, the mids and the lows are just at point. They are a little bit louder than the H9‘s i think (is more subjective). I can discover now more details with the H95. The clearance is very good without any sibilance.

Comfort is superb, Call quality is also very good.

A lot of fun for the money. I really would recommend the H95s

Sep 26, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #326 of 2,077
I'll most probably get to listen to the H95 next week, if I can get myself across town to visit a local store that is... I also asked the Mont Blanc store to test the MB-01, but will unfortunately not be able to compare them directly. Nevertheless I'm looking forward to check them out myself, although either one would just have to be fantastic to convince me to get just another headphone... I'm actually very happy with my Aonic 50 and use them a lot at the moment.

Sep 26, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #328 of 2,077
Do you know who is making the MB 01 for Montblanc?

I don’t know who is manufacturing the MB-01, but I‘ve read that Mont Blanc enlisted external help for the tuning. Which seems to be rather different from the H95.

Sep 27, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #330 of 2,077
Heard many good stuff about Shure A50. I had it returned after exchanging for 3x over static noise heard at power On and Off... I do feel that SA50 is one of the best headphone around with its balance and natural sound produced.

Will be looking out for H95.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back