New balanced portable amp from RSA w/ DAC!
Dec 22, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #228 of 258
I've had the Intruder before and I currently have the Rx MK3B.

Both with the -dB

The Intruder has less power through single ended. Sound wise it adds bass punch and adds a bit of space. Dark RSA house sound signature.

The Rx MK3B is a quite a bit brighter where the MK3B has as much power single ended as balanced since they upped the gain on the single ended side. This amp fits my ideal sound signature more. Bass is tight but not as punchy as the Intruder but I find the treble to be bit better.

With the -dB it sounded wonderful either with my DT1350s or HE-500's. The Intruder requires balanced connection in order to drive the HE-500s properly.

Dec 22, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #229 of 258
I've had the Intruder before and I currently have the Rx MK3B.

Both with the -dB

The Intruder has less power through single ended. Sound wise it adds bass punch and adds a bit of space. Dark RSA house sound signature.

The Rx MK3B is a quite a bit brighter where the MK3B has as much power single ended as balanced since they upped the gain on the single ended side. This amp fits my ideal sound signature more. Bass is tight but not as punchy as the Intruder but I find the treble to be bit better.

With the -dB it sounded wonderful either with my DT1350s or HE-500's. The Intruder requires balanced connection in order to drive the HE-500s properly.

Thanks for sharing your impressions. I had SR-72B before so I know what you mean by the RSA house sound and the better bass texture. Sold it and got the mk3 and now I kind of miss the RSA signature which to me is more musical. Look forward to hear more impressions on the intruder before I pull the trigger since solo DB can go full balance.

Dec 23, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #230 of 258
For me, there is no way I would call the Intruder dark sounding. To my ear, it is very neutral. Also gain does not add power, just more gain to the signal. I find the Intruder drives the HE500's without problem, single ended or balanced but since the Intruder is a balanced amp, I like using it that way.

Dec 23, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #231 of 258
Hi rudi0504,
How would you compare between intruder and RX Mk 3 when use with solo DB? Like to know your impressions? Thanks.

I have not buy cyber labs -dB yet,

Mcberto has already answer your question

The midrange from intruder is better than alo Rx 3 B

Rx 3 B has more power than RSA intruder in high gain .

Dec 25, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #232 of 258
biggrin.gif
 Rudi, I wish you had a couple of choices of things to listen too....The pics are gorgeous!
Quote:
This morning My Lucky Intruder number 099 just arrived
Thank You Ray For Fast shipping My Intruder
Now i Am burning With full balance System
Source : Ipod Classic 7G 160 Gb
Amp : rsa Intruder
Headphone : Sennheiser HD 800 With Whiplash Custom balance cable
Cable : USB to rsa balance
Out The box Sound very good

Dec 27, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #234 of 258
Your pics rocks as always rudi. Do you mind telling me how you are connecting your ipod there, normal lod? If so, do you still get the benefits of balanced out with single ended input? Curious since my Intruder is coming to join my 334s and clas :wink:

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #235 of 258
Now it's here and rockin' 

Mar 18, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #236 of 258
Quote:
What I meant was balanced out of my CLAS into a balanced amp. I've heard that using a balanced cable for multi driver custom iems doesn't give you a whole lot of benefits due to the nature of balanced armature drivers and crossovers

Can anyone comment on this? I am thinking about using an Intruder with Heir Audio 5.0 and I wonder if it's worth it to go balanced with the IEM's. My source is Ibasso DX100.

Thanks

Apr 12, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #237 of 258
The attraction of the unit is the balanced output (the input too but you do not need balanced input to get balanced output), so using balance is without a doubt the way to go. I am planning to use mine with my Shure Se535 once my earphones arrive at my door. I am currently using the SE215 and it already sounds majestic, with the SE535 it will be very sweet. I am ordering my cable from plusSoundAudio, those guys can build pretty much any wire combination for any sound signature you are looking for (warning tend to be a sensitive issue, lots of listeners think there are no differences between cable metal material). Talk to Ray and asks him questions about it, he might know someone using your iems with his amp already.

Apr 14, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #238 of 258
Can anyone comment on this? I am thinking about using an Intruder with Heir Audio 5.0 and I wonder if it's worth it to go balanced with the IEM's. My source is Ibasso DX100.

Thanks

If you could finish your cable in both configurations then you can decide how to use your amp.

Hope it will make your decision easier however you are still going to be left with the evaluation of one over the other, usually a combination of subjectivity and great electronic wizardry. 

Apr 14, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #239 of 258
Quote:

That's what I call a firepower setup, just hope to be able to get there once the cash will be coming in. I heard that the CLAS -db is expensive, around the price of the Intruder. That would be lots of $$$ to spend. Is it worth it though, do you think you got your money's worth?

Apr 16, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #240 of 258

That's what I call a firepower setup, just hope to be able to get there once the cash will be coming in. I heard that the CLAS -db is expensive, around the price of the Intruder. That would be lots of $$$ to spend. Is it worth it though, do you think you got your money's worth?

The clas in my setup is the old one, the new -r is cheaper than that was. The -r is 499$. According to David of Cypher the initial problems of the sq of the new -r has been fixed, and it should now sound as least as good as my old solo according to him. The -db is 699, but I dont consider it since I carry my setup with me and don't use the computer much as a source. If I do I use the Intruders dac. The clas does hammer that, so if you will use the computer much as the source the -db might be worth the difference in price. As for balancing the source, Ray says that one gets full balanced benefits on the output with single ended input, so I don't know if it's worth the cost. Never heard it myself, so I am only speculating on that.

To be perfectly honest, to my ears using the 334s that dont need much juice, the clas is the most important game changer in the setup, more so than the amp. (Different story with fullsize high impedance cans)However when given the nice signal from the clas the intruder performs perfect. The clas really makes the music come alive and to me it is worth every penny. With the 334 it is much easier to tell when the clas is there or not, than it is to tell the difference if the intruder is there or if it's straight out of the ipod.

I gather this tell us that the Intruder does well, amplifying without disturbing the sound. But **** in gives **** out. The clas changes this to bliss in bliss out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back