NEW! B&W p3 headphones in white or black
May 29, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #106 of 163
Quote:
I was interested in the Zeppelin Air once so I did some research on it and I found a lot of glaring problems with it (I can't remember what those problems were anymore) so I don't know if you'd want to buy one or not. Personally I can't wait to see B&W's replacement for the Zeppelin Mini as the original Zeppelin dock was replaced with the Zeppelin Air but the Zeppelin Mini hasn't been replaced yet.

Mini's will be replaced soon with a newer version without the dock but with the Airplay. 

May 30, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #108 of 163
Quote:
So I'm really new to the headphones world. I mean the best headphones I've had so far have been Sennheisser PMX 80s lol and Im planning to buy the ATH-50s with coiled cord. Ive been researching in several headphones sites and they seem a really good deal and are highly awarded. My question here is for you (since you are online and could help me out faster) or for everyone else who might want to help me out. So should I go for the ATH-50s or should I try the new P3. What is your experience with B&W headphones? Do you think ATH-50s deliver more? I mean look from where Im coming from and I mostly listen to rock, hip hop, Trance music and Reggae-Roots music. Thanks so much for you help :)

Hey welcome to Head Fi!

You have to be really careful when you ask for recommendations like this, because essentially you are asking the difference between two headphones that have entirely different uses in mind. The M50 is a fantastic all rounder, but it's a studio headphone and is a little awkward to wear around the city, even with the coiled cord as coiled cords tend to be quite heavy and swing quite a bit with movement. The headphone itself is quite large. The M50 is designed to sit around your ears so that the earcups rest around your ear on your head, and don't squash your ears. You might find that more comfortable.

The P3 is by contrast designed to be a portable, on-ear headphone. It's going to be a lot more light weight for portable use. So the comparison between the two depends a lot on how you are going to use them.

Honestly the P3's are probably better compared to products in their similar size / weight category: Sennheiser HD25/ Amperior, Beyerdynamic DT1350, Audio Technica ATH-ES88, etc.

And since not many people have heard them yet, it might be a bit too early to ask for impressions anyway! :)

May 30, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #109 of 163
Quote:
Really?! I would be interested in hearing more about this. Did you see this online somewhere? If you did could you send me a PM with a link?

Yeah, I saw a very bad photo of it. Basically it's in the same shape with the docking arm removed. I think there is connector for the iDevices on top where the arm used to be. The colors are different too. I saw it in white. I have no link, its insider information. 

BTW, someone was wondering what happened to amber P5's. They will be back in stores later this year. White leather is getting dirty too fast, so B&W are working on it.

Jun 3, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #111 of 163

Quote: Sonic Boom
I agree the p5's are overpriced in terms of the sound, but there is something about the sound signature I really like for some reason. considering the build quality and materials I think they should be ~$250-275 ish.

Seconded about the sound signature - maybe I don't have the broadest experience with big on-the-ear and over-the-ear headphones, but these seem a lot more comfortable than, and lack the harsh highs of the HD-280 Pro.  Maybe it's just covering up for bad mastering, but I think these things sound really nice.  Add iGadget compatibility, good build quality, relatively compact size, and a reputation for sturdiness to the mix, and I can't help but like 'em.

I hope the C3 means a glut of the C5 on the secondhand market.

Jun 4, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #112 of 163
Quote:
White leather is getting dirty too fast, so B&W are working on it.

Hm. You would think that this is something they could have anticipated, and dealt with *before* the release. Unless their thinking is: "We had no idea our customers are so dirty!"

Jun 11, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #113 of 163
alright chaps, saw that one poster is from Montreal., i live in Qatar but girlfriend in Montreal for a few days. would you know where in the city i can buy the P3s? reply hugely appreciated. holiday coming up and i need these badboys

Jun 18, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #115 of 163
B&W P3 estimated for early/mid July here in Montreal. We're usually the first to bring in new models of headphones in Montreal too so I wouldn't expect any earlier. But maybe the Apple store might have some sort of agreement with B&W to get them earlier. Shop around, but I can let you know if we get stock soon.
Quote:
alright chaps, saw that one poster is from Montreal., i live in Qatar but girlfriend in Montreal for a few days. would you know where in the city i can buy the P3s? reply hugely appreciated. holiday coming up and i need these badboys

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jun 18, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #116 of 163
Quote:
I have the White one coming next week.  Stay tuned for my unboxing video.

atsmile.gif
cant wait.

Jun 18, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #118 of 163
were did you get them? did b&w send you a pair?

B&W didn't return my email request for a review pair. I sourced it through my connection and paid for it with my own money.

Jun 20, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #120 of 163
Quote:
Quote:
B&W didn't return my email request for a review pair. I sourced it through my connection and paid for it with my own money.

wow, you must have some good connections.

Lol.  Still, he does seem to be able to get quite a few cans rather easily via his "headphone guy" and its just a matter of time before my jealousy is going to make me inquisitive about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back