NEW! B&W p3 headphones in white or black
May 8, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #61 of 163
Quote:
Thanks for throwing up the graphs it's good to see my memory on the P5 is still good. I'm not necessarily saying the P5's are bad headphones all I'm saying is they're overpriced for what they bring to the table sonically. I love Bowers and Wilkins specifically they're speakers and dream I can one day own a set. The thing is most of B&W's mass consumer products really aren't that good for the money the consumer is paying. Esthetically stuff like the Zeppelin Air, Zeppelin Mini, C5, etc are all gorgeous looking pieces of kit but sonically they just don't cut the mustard for me. I won't say all their mass market products are bad for example from what I've read, and emphasize this is only what I've read, their MM1 computer speakers are supposed to sound pretty good for the price. If people on the thread who own the P5 like the P5 that's perfectly fine all I'm trying to say is the people who still haven't heard a set of P5's don't let yourselves get carried away by the appearances of nice kit and do some research because there are other options out there available that sonically do sound better.

I loved the build of my P5's but didn't love the sound. The MM-1's are a great sounding piece of kit, though they are only impressive considering their size, not their price. A system like the Focal XS Book or the Aktimate Micro (which I demoed alongside the MM-1's) both offer equally (or in the case of the Focal's a little better IMO) sound but obviously with a larger footprint. 

The finishing on their speakers is indeed gorgeous though. One day I hope to own a pair of their PV1 subwoofers.

May 8, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #62 of 163
Quote:
Thanks for throwing up the graphs it's good to see my memory on the P5 is still good. I'm not necessarily saying the P5's are bad headphones all I'm saying is they're overpriced for what they bring to the table sonically. I love Bowers and Wilkins specifically they're speakers and dream I can one day own a set. The thing is most of B&W's mass consumer products really aren't that good for the money the consumer is paying. Esthetically stuff like the Zeppelin Air, Zeppelin Mini, C5, etc are all gorgeous looking pieces of kit but sonically they just don't cut the mustard for me. I won't say all their mass market products are bad for example from what I've read, and emphasize this is only what I've read, their MM1 computer speakers are supposed to sound pretty good for the price. If people on the thread who own the P5 like the P5 that's perfectly fine all I'm trying to say is the people who still haven't heard a set of P5's don't let yourselves get carried away by the appearances of nice kit and do some research because there are other options out there available that sonically do sound better.

Oh yeah no problem I know what you mean and your welcome for the graphs. Sorry for challenging you I just thought that you didn't like the P5's because they didn't have over the top spiky and painful treble and lots of bass roll off.

May 8, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #63 of 163
It seems this topic is in the wrong sub-forum, as these P3 are clearly portable, but anyway... Subscribed! 
popcorn.gif

May 11, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #69 of 163
well I am going to be going too the apple store and they have the spirit ones, I can bring my p5s compare them and tell everyone what I think.

Sweet! Please keep us posted.

May 11, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #71 of 163
I cant be for sure when I will get back from the city but expect a post around 5-6:30 pm est on saturday, I am also going too try and take pictures to upload of the 2 side by side.

May 11, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #72 of 163
I have both the Spirit One and the P5. The former is much more even-sounding and clearer while the latter has more warmth and thickness. IMO the P5 is far less accurate, but it's relaxing and enjoyable under the right circumstances, whereas the Spirit One is more versatile. In terms of build I actually prefer the way the Spirit One is put together, but the materials on the P5 are a bit nicer, and I dig the modular ear pads and cable system.

I'll probably get the P3 in white too.

May 12, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #73 of 163
Quote:
I have both the Spirit One and the P5. The former is much more even-sounding and clearer while the latter has more warmth and thickness. IMO the P5 is far less accurate, but it's relaxing and enjoyable under the right circumstances, whereas the Spirit One is more versatile. In terms of build I actually prefer the way the Spirit One is put together, but the materials on the P5 are a bit nicer, and I dig the modular ear pads and cable system.

I'll probably get the P3 in white too.

I am hoping the p3 will be more portable amp friendly than the p5

May 12, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #75 of 163
ok, so I cant find a place in nyc that has the focals in stock so I am going too order them online and write the comparison whenever they get delivered, but I am still open too ideas of portable headphones too add too the p5 comparison

Users who are viewing this thread

Back