NEW Audio Technica Multiple BA IEM: ATH LS50,70,200,300,400
Nov 26, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #76 of 405
LS50 have same bass as IM50, dat a bad news to me, cuz I don't really like bass overwhelming of IM70, still a fun sounding IEM with great vocal though.

Nov 26, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #77 of 405
I'd be best to assume the clarity is the same (or maybe slightly better) than the IM50. The LS50 and IM50 are in no way a balanced monitor, the E40 was much more balanced, but if you did try the ckr9 or ckr10 you'd feel that for a push-pull driver setup, the E40 was very lacking in a lot of ways.

About the clarity, I can't really remember the E40 that much because I tried em quite some time back. Also I remember that I liked the Marshal Mode much note in terms of sound signature and clarity.

Overall the IM50 and LS50 is much more fun to listen to than the E40 for me.
You might want to go for the IM02 when LS200 is properly released world wide, or if you can afford the LS200 try that one out.
I have a feeling that's what you're looking for (Y)

You should try LS200/400 If you like vocal, I think it sound better than IM70 and E40 IMO.

Nice, will look out for it :)

Nov 30, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #78 of 405
Update on IM50 vs LS50

LS50 sounds really rich compared to the IM50; that was first impression

The IM50 had a bit tighter bass, might be because my LS50 hasn't fully burned in yet. But the LS50 has more and deeper lows.

The IM50 vocals were much more over powering and made the highs sound even more oppressed than usual, after listening to the LS50. The LS50 vocals are much more controlled and doesnt affect the lows or highs that much. Sounds much more balanced in a way.

Now the highs, IM50 sounded quite thin, while LS50 had more power in the highs.
But when I compared the both to ATH E40 and Shure SE215, it made me realize the highs were still very toned down but yet still smooth on both IM50 and LS50.

Overall only the vocals sounded slightly better on the IM50 but in every other way LS50 wins. Glad I waited for the LS50 instead of buying IM50 just because its cheaper.

Dec 1, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #79 of 405
Update on IM50 vs LS50

LS50 sounds really rich compared to the IM50; that was first impression

The IM50 had a bit tighter bass, might be because my LS50 hasn't fully burned in yet. But the LS50 has more and deeper lows.

The IM50 vocals were much more over powering and made the highs sound even more oppressed than usual, after listening to the LS50. The LS50 vocals are much more controlled and doesnt affect the lows or highs that much. Sounds much more balanced in a way.

Now the highs, IM50 sounded quite thin, while LS50 had more power in the highs.
But when I compared the both to ATH E40 and Shure SE215, it made me realize the highs were still very toned down but yet still smooth on both IM50 and LS50.

Overall only the vocals sounded slightly better on the IM50 but in every other way LS50 wins. Glad I waited for the LS50 instead of buying IM50 just because its cheaper.

very interesting thank you. what are you driving them with?

Dec 2, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #81 of 405
Oh, that so? I might still prefer my IM50 then as what I love most of it is its vocal forwardness, with Spinfit to add more control to the bass and a bit of clarity to the treble, its still are my daily driver

Dec 3, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #82 of 405
Oh, that so? I might still prefer my IM50 then as what I love most of it is its vocal forwardness, with Spinfit to add more control to the bass and a bit of clarity to the treble, its still are my daily driver

I thought so too myself. Since my favorite part about the IM50 was the vocals.
But after comparing them the IM50 sounds..... Cheap. The LS50 wins overall by a huge margin. The vocals only sounds a little bit better on the IM50 but I have yet to listen to the LS50 on a proper source. My phone or the UD120 without an amp isn't the best to make decisions on.

Dec 3, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #83 of 405

I love the IM50s too, never tried the LS50 but the thing i like the most in the IM50s is how the female vocals shine without being too harsh, it's just right.
I have better iems but i still rotate to the IM50s since they have a special signature that i love. They're really something, especially for the price.
In fact, it was thanks to your review that i bought them back then, and it was that exact set that started my audio journey here on headfi 
biggrin.gif

If the LS50s sound a little laid back in this field, i think i would prefer the IM50s too.

Dec 3, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #84 of 405
@pedronet glad you're happy with your purchase
atsmile.gif

Surprised that my review has been read by 52000+ people... I guess the Entry lvl IEM by Audio Technica, even if it doesn catch fire like the M50x and SE215 did, is quite popular after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back