NEW Audio Technica Multiple BA IEM: ATH LS50,70,200,300,400
Oct 30, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #33 of 405
Love to see new AT stuff, but these shells look somehow even less comfortable to my ear than the IM series, guess I will spend another year hoping they revise the design :frowning2:

Oct 30, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #35 of 405
At least for me whole IM series is very comfortable.

IMO the IM series are not unbearable but after a few hours they become a little uncomfortable because of their deep insertion. Outside the ear they're comfy.
What worries me about these new ones is their sharp edges. But maybe they're fine and more comfortable inside the ear canal, who knows? 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #36 of 405
I don't think this new design is so bad just yet. They are rounded off on the inside and the pointy outside sticks out so you can insert and remove with thumb and finger. Inside of LS300 for example...

Of course how big are the 3 and 4 driver models. That may be an issue and how the skinny front edge fits/nestles in the crook of one's ear. The front pointy edge though should be outside of the ear and not poking anything. That part on the bottom and the cable connector on top are out there to more easily "pinch" and get a hold of. Still not a Shure or Westone like design and pause for concern but not to be panned quite yet.

Oct 30, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #37 of 405
Nah, not panicking nor giving up yet 
wink.gif
 but in fact, seeing them from the side that faces the ear gives me a completely different feeling. Seeing them from the outside kinda tricks you, thanks for the pic 
smily_headphones1.gif

As you stated, as long as that front pointy edge doesn't touch the ear and stays out of it, it doesn't seem to be a problem. Let's see how it is though. I'll wait for some impressions when it gets released.

Oct 30, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #38 of 405
IMO the IM series are not unbearable but after a few hours they become a little uncomfortable because of their deep insertion. Outside the ear they're comfy.
What worries me about these new ones is their sharp edges. But maybe they're fine and more comfortable inside the ear canal, who knows? :)

My problem w/ the IM02 was that they wouldn't sit inside my ear, but didn't stick out far enough to be outside so they sat very uncomfortably right on the tragus/antitragus... with the right tips I could wear them for an hour, maybe a little more, but my ear would be sore for a few hours. Very unfortunate because they were wonderful sounding.

The basic design of these looks rather similar, though maybe as Jant points out, the inner face does look like it might have a deeper bevel which could help, but personally don't think I'll risk it except in the unlikely case I can demo first. oh well. hope these turn out nice all the same.

Oct 30, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #39 of 405
Sad the iteration of headphones since this headphone FAD has exploded.  Took Sennheiser, AKG, Beyer decades to develop what are still the mainstay of what are still considered to be the benchmarks, HD600/HD650, DT880/990 and AKG K7xx series. Since every company that once looked at mobile/headphone market with disdain decided they wanted some of the billions Dre's name garnered, I have not seen any headphones that have had the perpetual admiration and longevity of the ones I mentioned.

This thread starts with OMG I just bought AT blank IEM last year, already a refresh?  Took the above years, if not decades to do what they do, but I"m supposed to believe they can now do the same level of quality of research and design in less than a year, to keep up with the moronic idiotic iPhone cycles?

Oct 30, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #40 of 405
Gotta check your math there
wink.gif
. If the IM were Nov. 2013 and the LS will be released Nov. 2016 not sure how that is less than a year. Plus they are not ground up but based off the existing models so not as much R&D is needed for that.

Oct 31, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #41 of 405
I have same problem with im02, not fit the ears, but not with im04, weird enough.

Oct 31, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #42 of 405
I think i'm going to buy upgrade cable first,then demo it on shop, it that out of logic? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back