new audio technica earphone: CKS90 and CKS90NC
Mar 26, 2010 at 9:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

lazy student

New Head-Fier
these 2 earphones (one with ANC) will be released in Japan at April 23 2010. can't wait to try these hi-end solid bass series
atsmile.gif

ath-cks90nc.jpg

ath-cks90.jpg

ath-cks90ltd.jpg

Mar 26, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #3 of 45
Oh wow! If this improves on the CKS-70 where it counts then I definitely will give these a go. The red ones look pretty incredible.

Mar 26, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #6 of 45
^^ not sure what 'girly' means, but I am sweetly attracted to the butterflies on Monsters' new Tam earphones... does that mean anything? The CKS90 looks like a bloody cyborg, anything but girly; that is of course, unless you mean girly cyborg...

Mar 26, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #9 of 45
This is a rare example of function over form. Whether the dual sub-chambers have a positive affect on the sound quality (besides just increasing bass quantity) is anybody's guess, but I certainly look forward to some reviews and comparisons to the CKS70 when these hit the Japanese streets next month.

Mar 26, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #10 of 45
Just purchased CKS70 yesterday and the guy who run the shop (AT dealer) told me that they will have CKS90 in a month. Still burning in my CKS70 atm but I like the sound so far. I don't mind the strange looking design as I know from CKS70 that it will fit me well, but I can't really understand why AT want a pink/purple-ish red for a limited edition.

AT and thier LTD, hmm...
rolleyes.gif

Mar 26, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #11 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The CKS90 looks like a bloody cyborg, anything but girly; that is of course, unless you mean girly cyborg...

++

Looks like the "hinge" with the Technica logo will be well-visible when those are worn.

Mar 26, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #12 of 45
hmmmm I will be interested in what the new CKS90 brings to the table. The only issue I had with the CSK70 was lack of detail and extension in treble. If this resolves the shortcomings of the CKS70 these might be very sweet as I felt the CKS70 had a very interesting sound stage on top of the over the top bass (actually I would be pretty happy if the bass was slightly turned down too).

Mar 26, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #13 of 45
Google Translate
The page shows 2-25,000 on the frequency response. AT usually requires a nice difference before they do this. The CKS50/70 are both rated to 24,000. These should have better treble extension. A bit of tuning can be done with tips and 2 position system.

Oooh, button magnets so they stick together
biggrin.gif
! Should come in handy to eliminate tangling. A leather case is nice also.

Seems like a must have. Put me down for one! The red are listed at the same price. I'll go for the red but I predict resellers might try to get a few more bucks for the "LTD". Hopefully they are the same price. The color of the LTD looks a more dark garnet like red than purplish to me.

Mar 26, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #14 of 45
I guess I'll wait to see what the price on these will be and if I should get these or another pair I'm looking at buying
smily_headphones1.gif
hopefully the price isn't something ridiculous like what AT always has their MSRP at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back