[NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7)
Jun 13, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #616 of 822
  Btw, does it come with a sticker on the faceplate when you first unbox it? Mine is like this https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40342940/CKR10/IMAG1184.jpg
from taobao?

Nopes both sets I had did not come with the protective sticker, that was the first thing I noticed when I unboxed it, and that is a little odd. But I have no doubts that this is a legit set. It even came with the little plastic nozzle tube thing that sorta protects the headphone jack, but no protective sticker for the faceplate.

Jun 13, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #617 of 822
  Nopes both sets I had did not come with the protective sticker, that was the first thing I noticed when I unboxed it, and that is a little odd. But I have no doubts that this is a legit set. It even came with the little plastic nozzle tube thing that sorta protects the headphone jack, but no protective sticker for the faceplate.

Hmm, weird.. I thought you mention you bought from Aliexpress?

Jun 13, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #618 of 822
  Hmm, weird.. I thought you mention you bought from Aliexpress?

Yes both were bought from Aliexpress, including the CKR9 I mentioned before. But didnt a seller on taobao said the boxes and the pouch are not real? And were just fakes made with the same material? But the IEM itself is original.

Either way, Taobao or Aliexpress, its still China, and therefore come from the same source. :)

Jun 13, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #619 of 822
  Yes both were bought from Aliexpress, including the CKR9 I mentioned before. But didnt a seller on taobao said the boxes and the pouch are not real? And were just fakes made with the same material? But the IEM itself is original.

Either way, Taobao or Aliexpress, its still China, and therefore come from the same source. :)

Well some offer warranty, some does't. I just bought a TTPOD T1 E of Aliexpress. When I ask about the warranty, he told me it was 6 months. When I told him some other seller is having 1 year warranty. He just say, 1 year then. Not sure how should i feel. Maybe they are just being competitive against each other. 

Jun 13, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #620 of 822
  Well some offer warranty, some does't. I just bought a TTPOD T1 E of Aliexpress. When I ask about the warranty, he told me it was 6 months. When I told him some other seller is having 1 year warranty. He just say, 1 year then. Not sure how should i feel. Maybe they are just being competitive against each other. 

In this case its probably just a matter of competition, the Chinese are known to be like that, and offering an extra 6 months warranty to win over a customer is only a small loss :wink: Aliexpress seems pretty safe though, the sellers will honor refunds/exchanges as long as you contact them within a reasonable time frame with proper description and pics (if any) of the defect. Though it will waste a lot of time, my CKR9 which I sent back to the seller for an exchange is still pending delivery because the initial delivery attempt failed. I just hope they pick it up from the post office quick.

Jun 13, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #621 of 822
  In this case its probably just a matter of competition, the Chinese are known to be like that, and offering an extra 6 months warranty to win over a customer is only a small loss :wink: Aliexpress seems pretty safe though, the sellers will honor refunds/exchanges as long as you contact them within a reasonable time frame with proper description and pics (if any) of the defect. Though it will waste a lot of time, my CKR9 which I sent back to the seller for an exchange is still pending delivery because the initial delivery attempt failed. I just hope they pick it up from the post office quick.

Well, I hope they would live up like what he said. Some Chinese seller would blame you if your product is faulty. Poor customer service. Hope you get yours replace! 
biggrin.gif

Jun 14, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #622 of 822
  Well, I hope they would live up like what he said. Some Chinese seller would blame you if your product is faulty. Poor customer service. Hope you get yours replace! 
biggrin.gif

Yup thankfully my seller was honest enough to offer an exchange even AFTER I confirmed the item was received in good order. CKR10 still going well here! Just ordered another set for my dad. :D

Jun 15, 2015 at 3:34 AM Post #624 of 822
Originally Posted by cr0wnest /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What happenned to your CKR9?

Jun 15, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #625 of 822
What happenned to your CKR9?

the left channel was noticeably louder than the right. It's most obvious when listening to vocals that are dead center. The seller agreed to do an exchange for me though,its still in process.

@whaleshark Yes I do all my shopping almost exclusively on the Internet. Stuff are too expensive to buy here haha.

Jun 15, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #626 of 822
the left channel was noticeably louder than the right. It's most obvious when listening to vocals that are dead center. The seller agreed to do an exchange for me though,its still in process.

@whaleshark Yes I do all my shopping almost exclusively on the Internet. Stuff are too expensive to buy here haha.

So do I. Haha..Understandably 

Jul 27, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #627 of 822
I don't know if i will add any value for anybody. I just got CKR5IS and I have to say that i've never listened to anything like it. Its the most powerful bass in ie headphones that i ever expereinced. It sounds like over ear actually. However they lack the clarity and detail of etymotic, which in turn lacks bass and has incredibly bad fit. Etymotic HF5 still has more natural and balanced sound. But AT CKR5IS is still lots of fun especially for electronic music.

Jul 27, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #628 of 822
And i forgot to mention wider soundstage in CKR5IS compared to etymotic. Sorry i have northing else to compare it to. They also win on fit by wide margin and seem to have more durable design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back