[NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7)
Mar 27, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #558 of 822
I am still debating on whether to purchase the ckr9 LTD considering I own a unit of ckr10. How comparable they are? Will they complement each other? Sorry if this has already been discussed. 

Mar 27, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #559 of 822
Audionewbi, if U have CKR10, don't waste money on CKR9LTD. They have similar sound, no much difference to complement each other. CKR9LTD sounds more liberal, no bass heaviness accent like in CKR10. Just reduce EQ on subbass region and add a couple db between 5-10k region up to taste. Sounds lame, but it gives perception of what U can hear from CKR9LTD.

Apr 18, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #560 of 822
Of all the tips I tried, I think the best is without a doubt...

1. the EPH 100 eartips. I don't know why Yamaha doesn't just commercialize these biflanges. They are awesome.
However, because that would make my EPH 100 useless, I am sticking to the JVC eartips.

I think the JVC eartips sound better than the original tips. Actually, the original tips I don't understand has such small radius opening. I never feel like I get the full treble with those small radius openings. However, I must say the eartips in the original stockings bring more bass than the JVC for some reason.
But then again, at the end of the day, honestly, they are all the same. I wasted 35 dollars on different eartips for this. From Sony to 2 types of JVC eartips. Never thought the cost was justified... at least for me

Apr 25, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #561 of 822
i got the kaede II and along side ckr10 they are my two favourite. 
CKR10 does certain things that Kaede cant, it has better micro details however kaede II macrodetail and balance wins over ckr10. 

The more I listen to CKR10 the more I realise how special it is. It is great for watching to movies.

Apr 29, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #563 of 822
I just got a pair off Ali express.$60
I thought they must be fake but I'd take the risk. I have my B+W P7s for home with my Lil fiio E 18. My E10s were coming apart so a £40 gamble wasn't so bad. I have pink and white 25 hour run in with 10 play.They are either genuine or good fakes. Andre gerraisetti corner of the water album wolf doesn't sound as clear as P7s but a song off sound cloud TRYNMIX the sound stage with neutron player is just beautiful. A few songs with some high treble no longer has crackle there. Even P7s expose that part. DUST IN THE WIND and HORSE WITH NO NAME have no real extra detail but sound good. I will dig out my flac Nick Drake river man for comparison v P7s and AKG 451s. And trusty What hifi E10s. Clean bass is what suprises me with the ATH-CKR10S.
I have the JVC spiro buds on order (that's why I come here pro advice thank you) From a head phone noob my pros are superb sound isolation with standard large buds. My pack of EBay memory foam buds killed the sound like pillow on my snoring wife's face.. but I tried them as even with my BFG ears I am getting a little sore with the big body of these phones.Angling the cable backwards helps.I don't have fancy kit or even understand half the posts but I think £40 for these is a bargin fake or not. I just hope my rambling post helps a Lil bit. Good luck and happy tinatus Head fiers.
Old man Dave uk

May 11, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #564 of 822
Wow I cant believe these came out almost a year ago without me knowing! And I dont recall ever seeing them in stores, or perhaps I need to pay more attention.

How does the CKR7 compare to the CKR9? Is it really worth the extra cash? Because at that price point I'd expect the CKR7 to perform something similar to the Klipsch R6 Reference and Shure SE215, which is what I'm using. Would the CKR9 be a nice change from the SE215 or should I turn my head away?

May 11, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #565 of 822
  Wow I cant believe these came out almost a year ago without me knowing! And I dont recall ever seeing them in stores, or perhaps I need to pay more attention.

How does the CKR7 compare to the CKR9? Is it really worth the extra cash? Because at that price point I'd expect the CKR7 to perform something similar to the Klipsch R6 Reference and Shure SE215, which is what I'm using. Would the CKR9 be a nice change from the SE215 or should I turn my head away?

I don't know about the CKR7, but the CKR9 is well worth the money. Been a while since I heard the SE215, but the IM50 and IM70 beat it pretty handily, and both of those are a good step down from the CKR9. I have a review of the CKR9 in my sig. 

May 11, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #566 of 822

I don't know about the CKR7, but the CKR9 is well worth the money. Been a while since I heard the SE215, but the IM50 and IM70 beat it pretty handily, and both of those are a good step down from the CKR9. I have a review of the CKR9 in my sig. 

Yup I read your review, thats why I'm interested :) Not helped by all of you guys praising the CKR9 and tempting me further :D

I'll probably head down the store to try all of them out first. The SE215 is pretty fun and I still like it, but I wouldn't mind trying something else.

May 11, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #567 of 822
Just opened my JAPAN import Spiral Dots
EP-FX9L-B $21.55 Amazon Japan.( JAPAN FAN STORE seller name. He even sent me a picture koji Watanabe. next to a giant plastic Picachoo. And a nice message. Hehe

sound stage sounds more open than oem ear buds. Treble is a lot more forward sounding. The spirals give it a big boost to bass a tad to much but the diameter is double the size of the ckr10 buds.like I said before for £40 for these off ALIBABA I am thrilled with the sound. Has made me think though there doesn't seem a lot of tech in materials and shape of ear bud canal bore. Surely if the titanium shell affects the harmonics, there must be an optimal material and shape /size than basically a silicone rubber straw. Has this been explored by headfiers or the OEM can manufacturers.If not and someone nick's the idea, can I have a free pair gratis. From Daves ear canal Engineering PLC. Lol anyways a thumbs up on the Spiral Dots from JVC. Happy listening and mild tinatus.
ps i might experiment and glue foil inside a pair, see how more sound reflection alters the sound. One of the audio engineers here must know..

Good luck and thanks as always
Old Dave

May 11, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #568 of 822
Just opened my JAPAN import Spiral Dots
EP-FX9L-B $21.55 Amazon Japan.( JAPAN FAN STORE seller name. He even sent me a picture koji Watanabe. next to a giant plastic Picachoo. And a nice message. Hehe

sound stage sounds more open than oem ear buds. Treble is a lot more forward sounding. The spirals give it a big boost to bass a tad to much but the diameter is double the size of the ckr10 buds.like I said before for £40 for these off ALIBABA I am thrilled with the sound. Has made me think though there doesn't seem a lot of tech in materials and shape of ear bud canal bore. Surely if the titanium shell affects the harmonics, there must be an optimal material and shape /size than basically a silicone rubber straw. Has this been explored by headfiers or the OEM can manufacturers.If not and someone nick's the idea, can I have a free pair gratis. From Daves ear canal Engineering PLC. Lol anyways a thumbs up on the Spiral Dots from JVC. Happy listening and mild tinatus.
ps i might experiment and glue foil inside a pair, see how more sound reflection alters the sound. One of the audio engineers here must know..

Good luck and thanks as always
Old Dave

Where on Aliexpress did you buy it from? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back