[NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7)
Apr 14, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #77 of 822
  It says ship and sold by ib-unit.

Who's "ib-unit"? And why does it only have one 5 star rating?

It could be another way of pre-ordering them, but why allow me to add it now? 

And the items that ib-unit market has, you're right, I just noticed!

I wonder why he didn't' get as many ratings as he deserved. Oh well.

right I misread it cause it said "by: audio technica" so i thought that's the seller
my bad

Apr 17, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #79 of 822
It was well written catchphrase Nantes super-resolution playback sound like IM02 I think we stepped on mine there the moment I heard the sound of a dynamic characteristic that was full far from super-resolution playback, such as delicate sense of treble not be expected at all I thought that it was I thought, I feel a sense of discomfort, such as separated one piece of curtain sound from the vibration plate does not reach the direct driver unit face each, and not tried by other companies also wonder if of course, at the foot of the EX1000 would be not much different even play 200 hours sound because not get better like magic I feel that is really grabbed the garbage not reach also, even if aging. It is a question I feel the stress very entangled in flashy whenever the slider to prevent tangling of code to accommodate without regard to make, and whether you are designed to think properly practicality. Do not cut corners compared to the IM series Technica's? I'm not meaning the box only to be gorgeous, I'd like a sacred treasures of the dynamic, it will make if you really put out.

Apr 17, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #83 of 822
Likewise, but if i read that correctly, its not a positive review :/

Where is that from anyhow? Seeing as these are a week away from release and living with them and burning them in would take another bit of time how is this really worth anything? Huge grain of salt here.

Apr 17, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #84 of 822
Where is that from anyhow? Seeing as these are a week away from release and living with them and burning them in would take another bit of time how is this really worth anything? Huge grain of salt here.

Kakaku, i agree with you there, but another impression just appeared, with pics as well.:frowning2: not positive because it doesnt sound like a monitpr, but it must be fit issues, tip rolling, amd burn in

Apr 18, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #85 of 822

Looks like you are correct, :)

quoted from kakaku user....

Reviewed in quite damning is seen, not willing to buy and what Ya mon, but I we have been listening. In terms such, anyone wishes refer to as one opinion with no fighting spirit and assault without viewing.

I thought that it was my name and from the conclusion, it's a good sound. I thought that it was to have the quality of the corresponding price, and now want both CKR9 I heard together. (I did not go so far as to purchase! On the spot (laughs))

I'll try to enumerate some of the features.
-Sound field is lower CKR10. There was a slightly lower center of gravity than cheekbones. CKR9 the height of the cheekbones. Easy to listen to both, nature.
Sound-space natural size. Did not feel cramped.
-Goodness of response has the characteristic that I was surprised. And I thought the driver is large, it would limp along, but what kind of back. Is it thanks to the push-pull what Chara.
· The big difference and 9 CKR10 is how to draw performance. It was crowded densely drawn very carefully 10. Deep impression on the whole, including vocal therefore. There is no muffled. It is adjusted in a good place. 9, It was written to pop for, but it was based on eye easily the low frequency range. Therefore, vocal will hear one step closer. This place is adjusted well, the choice would be the desired level.
- Sound pressure standard. There is than IM series, it is not from FX-850.

I think that it is possible that may be comparable to other companies enough high-end. A good place of this model is the place that "honest" in particular. Among other companies dynamic high-end FX-850, et al and IE800 is, to insist on personality, "the sound of my! How about" and to he did, it sounds very honest sound. And I think in can be a good choice for people who have been waiting for such a sound. As someone that Kakuiu I was also aimed at the high end, the seeds of a new trouble is I have more (laughs)

For made to last. It is not possible to re-cable, without a slider, housing also cables It looks dowdy, but the cable is made with you do not want to break Oh yeah. It is the opposite of IE800.

Or more, I'd appreciate it if accustomed to your reference

end quote

In addition, that initial negative review had a weird preference to the ckm1000. Those earphones did poorly in the market, so it adds to the dubiousness of his review.

Update:
Takwn from e-earphone.jp two reviewers impressions of ckr9 vs 10 are....

This CKR9 that adopted the push-pull system, the world's first, released simultaneously CKR10 the same method. There is a difference CKR10 = titanium, metal material while almost the same, being used in housing that CKR9 = aluminum, appearance silhouette it is with special design of each driver unit is also being built. Because it is common to CKR10 shape, such as the earpiece of a portion of any other kind of fit, feeling at the time of the wearing and so on. It is with a feeling no discomfort gulp Contrary to the impression of "Do's strange form" when I pick it up. Linearity maximum benefit by adopting a push-pull method (linearity). I can say with fidelity to this. Price difference etc. Only if and CKR10, not inferiority conspicuous in this regard, large difference was felt in terms of personality. Unlike the rich sound that is rich across the entire band of CKR10, CKR9 feature is refreshing depiction sharp. Neat, I cool. How sound of treble sound with the firm "like Oteku" of the edge. There is also a so-called Sasari Sa line. There is no thickness of about CKR10 medium-bass, sounds strong S / N sense. Response is also good. And have you read so far, it might be guessed, but the CKR9 I have a favorite sound than CKR10 personally. I will be that personality that, different about it. It is in the immediate answer CKR10 if any sound that is easy to listen to either. The sound ear per good. However, it is breaking CKR9 you're looking crisp, the sound of high response. Will it not sound picky would come out quite clearly. When you are considering buying, compared to listen, and is required compare the review!
Start listening, it is sound with the sense of clarity and clean enough to feel uncomfortable earpiece is or are not fit through the goodness of the sound too much. Rather than a strong sense of extrusion or a massive as CKS series, the low-frequency sound How an unsung hero basis of good quality. Good balance feeling shines that high-frequency sound that sticks or at least lighter. The direction of the nozzle is a little puzzled by the inward opposite to the direction of conventional fit is characteristic Oteku good, while a large enclosure. That it was worrisome is where there is a little sound leakage from the slit portion for adjusting the amount of air. Low frequency whereas the substantial in, preference will farewell larger than since mid-high range, CKR10 is the upper model is recommended to CKR9 If you want to listen to vocals subject!

Apr 18, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #86 of 822
There are some reviews on Kakaku, and one of them is this: 

http://bbs.kakaku.com/bbs/K0000639376/#17424709

If anyone reading this has a good command of Japanese, please translate this properly. My knowledge of the language is spotty. However, I will try to translate a few key sentences to the best of my ability. The author makes frequent comparisons of this headphone to the R3 headphone. I will start from the 5th paragraph.

先ず、この[CKR10]はサウンドフィールドが狭いです。
このクラスとしては気になる音場の狭さですが、

しばらく聴いているうちに慣れることは慣れます。
[R3]の方がコンサートホール感があります
First of all, the CKR10 has a narrow 'sound field'.           Perhaps he meant sound stage

Although the narrow sound stage is worrying for such a class (of headphones?),
I got used to it after listening to the headphones for some time.
The R3 has a better concert-hall feel.

高音域は思ったよりもリバーブ感があり伸びてます。
[R3]が少しリバーブ感のある機種だと思っていましたが、
意外にも[CKR10]の方がリバーブ感強いですね。
In terms of treble on the CKR10, the 'reverb feel' was better than I thought.

Although I thought that the R3 was a headphone that didn't have strong reverb,            I'm not exactly sure about this line
The CKR10 had surprisingly strong reverb.

中音域は近過ぎです。
他の音域に比べピアノやトランペットがやたらと耳元で鳴っている感覚です。
The mid range is too close.
With pianos and trumpets, the mid range sounds closest to the ear (forward sounding?) when compared to the other ranges.

低音域は芯があるところまではいきませんが、
深く適度に締まった低音が程よい量で出ています。
Sorry I can't translate this, it's quite complex for me. Might try again later.
He describes the bass, and it seems like the bass is tight, has quantity, and is moderately deep.

今のところ空間表現がちぐはぐしています。
高音域も低音域も出てますが、バランス的にはやはり中音域の押し出しを強く感じます。
[R3]の方が自然なバランスです。
At this time, the spacial presentation (imaging?) is uneven. 
Although there is both treble and bass, the mids is, as I expected, quite strong in its presentation.      
The R3 has a more natural balance. 

思ったほど解像度感がありませんし、意外にもモニターっぽくもないです。
悪くはないですが、インパクトもありません。
ただ、感度はよく音量がとりやすいです。
The resolution was not as good as I had expected, so this headphone is surprisingly not monitor-like. 
While the resolution wasn't bad, it didn't have an impact (on me). 
However, I don't understand this last part, he says something about the volume and sensitivity.

And that's all I can do guys. Hope my post has helped you.
If the CKR10 turns out to be good, I might buy one since I'm going to Japan next month or so. 

Apr 18, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #87 of 822
Looking at what the CKR7 is about. I see the same specs as the CKM99 and the product page does not say the 14mm driver is newly developed. Plug is the same as well, the older style plug. Pretty much a rehash but cheaper than the CKM99 was. $150 vs. $250.

The line is built around the 9 and 10 and fill out with updated remakes like the CKR5(CKM500 update) and the CKR7. Obviously it is all riding on the CKR9 and 10. AT have been giving us a nice current streak of quality new models. Hopefully these will continue that streak.

Apr 19, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #88 of 822
There are some reviews on Kakaku, and one of them is this: 

http://bbs.kakaku.com/bbs/K0000639376/#17424709

If anyone reading this has a good command of Japanese, please translate this properly. My knowledge of the language is spotty. However, I will try to translate a few key sentences to the best of my ability. The author makes frequent comparisons of this headphone to the R3 headphone. I will start from the 5th paragraph.

[COLOR=333333]先ず、この[CKR10]はサウンドフィールドが狭いです。

このクラスとしては気になる音場の狭さですが、[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]しばらく聴いているうちに慣れることは慣れます。[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333][R3]の方がコンサートホール感があります

First of all, the CKR10 has a narrow 'sound field'.           Perhaps he meant sound stage[/COLOR]

Although the narrow sound stage is worrying for such a class (of headphones?),

[COLOR=333333]The R3 has a better concert-hall feel.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]高音域は思ったよりもリバーブ感があり伸びてます。[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333][R3]が少しリバーブ感のある機種だと思っていましたが、[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]意外にも[CKR10]の方がリバーブ感強いですね。

In terms of treble on the CKR10, the 'reverb feel' was better than I thought.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]Although I thought that the R3 was a headphone that didn't have strong reverb[/COLOR][COLOR=333333],            [/COLOR][COLOR=333333]I'm not exactly sure about this line[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]The CKR10 had surprisingly strong reverb.

中音域は近過ぎです。

他の音域に比べピアノやトランペットがやたらと耳元で鳴っている感覚です。

The mid range is too close.

With pianos and trumpets, the mid range sounds closest to the ear (forward sounding?) when compared to the other ranges.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]低音域は芯があるところまではいきませんが、[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]深く適度に締まった低音が程よい量で出ています。[/COLOR]
Sorry I can't translate this, it's quite complex for me. Might try again later.

He describes the bass, and it seems like the bass is tight, has quantity, and is moderately deep.

[COLOR=333333]今のところ空間表現がちぐはぐしています。[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]高音域も低音域も出てますが、バランス的にはやはり中音域の押し出しを強く感じます。[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333][R3]の方が自然なバランスです。

At this time, the spacial presentation (imaging?) is uneven. 

Although there is both treble and bass, the mids is, as I expected, quite strong in its presentation.      

The R3 has a more natural balance. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]思ったほど解像度感がありませんし、意外にもモニターっぽくもないです。[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]悪くはないですが、インパクトもありません。[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]ただ、感度はよく音量がとりやすいです。

The resolution was not as good as I had expected, so this headphone is surprisingly not monitor-like. 

While the resolution wasn't bad, it didn't have an impact (on me). 

However, I don't understand this last part, he says something about the volume and sensitivity.[/COLOR]

And that's all I can do guys. Hope my post has helped you.

If the CKR10 turns out to be good, I might buy one since I'm going to Japan next month or so. 

Thank you very much for the translation, way better than the google translate! I hope it turns put well. It is probably a fit issue for thim as there was a positive review saying that the jvc fx850 has conpetition with this iem, i think anyways.

Looking at what the CKR7 is about. I see the same specs as the CKM99 and the product page does not say the 14mm driver is newly developed. Plug is the same as well, the older style plug. Pretty much a rehash but cheaper than the CKM99 was. $150 vs. $250.

The line is built around the 9 and 10 and fill out with updated remakes like the CKR5(CKM500 update) and the CKR7. Obviously it is all riding on the CKR9 and 10. AT have been giving us a nice current streak of quality new models. Hopefully these will continue that streak.

Very nice, i thpught it was a ckm77 remake, a ckm99 remake is even better!

But no titanium shell for it? Shame on you AT!

Ckrs 9/10 shouldnt disappoint.

Apr 19, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #89 of 822

@vlenbo I tried to translate it properly, but some of the nuances of the language are difficult to express (at least for me) in English. I would like to clarify further this line:

しばらく聴いているうちに慣れることは慣れます。

The author was not particularly enthusiastic about getting used to it. While he got used to it, he didn't really prefer it.

Apr 19, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #90 of 822
@vlenbo
 I tried to translate it properly, but some of the nuances of the language are difficult to express (at least for me) in English. I would like to clarify further this line:

[COLOR=333333]しばらく聴いているうちに慣れることは慣れます。[/COLOR]

The author was not particularly enthusiastic about getting used to it. While he got used to it, he didn't really prefer it.

He must pove peaky treble with sibilant mids and loose bass, lol.

His attacl against it feels pretty beligerent.

Thanks for clarifying that further

Users who are viewing this thread

Back