New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable
Nov 12, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #586 of 958

I agree they are a good bang for the buck. The other can that is a great bang for the buck that is a BIT more neutral in passive mode is the UE 6000

I have heard good things about the UE6000s but have never had a listen myself.  

I'm currently exploring my new Sony Z7's.  I'm pretty darn happy with them and it's hard for me to imagine a much more comfortable pair of cans...the cups are incredible.  They're much lighter than they look.  Everyone goes on about how the Senn HD650's are comfortable, but they clamp my head and the velour gets hot.  The Sony's and the AT's are waaaay more comfy.

HS

Nov 13, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #587 of 958
Is the ATH-M50x consider mid-range? Some cost $500 while others cost above $1,000. Most reports indicate you'll need high-end headphones & players to really hear the difference.

Unfortunately, I don't have such as I'm only using my headphone with my laptop & smartphone (Galaxy Note 3). Also, I don't have a pair of Golden ears hehe. Hence, 320 kbps MP3 is sufficient for my need.

*I bought the Fiio E17 DAC/Amp & it's good to know there's improvement for my laptop.
smily_headphones1.gif

They think that they are; perhaps not price-wise, but sound-wise.  After you get to headphones that are a little better than M50x, diminishing returns starts kicking in hard after that for the most part.

Nov 15, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #588 of 958
I bought a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50x's and they arrived today.  I'm curious if mine might possibly be fake.  The reason I ask this is because when I see pictures of them online and in reviews the logo on the headphone band looks bright white.  Mine is gray.  Just curious. 

Nov 15, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #589 of 958
  I bought a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50x's and they arrived today.  I'm curious if mine might possibly be fake.  The reason I ask this is because when I see pictures of them online and in reviews the logo on the headphone band looks bright white.  Mine is gray.  Just curious. 

I just took a look at pictures online it looks like a light silver so I think that's normal.
[size=12.7272720336914px][/size]

I have the white one and the logo is silver.

Nov 16, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #591 of 958
I have a question. Will these: http://www.amazon.com/Exclusives®-Adapter-Converter-Headphone-Earphone/dp/B00CXX8748/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1397505877&sr=8-2&keywords=2.5+mm+male+to+3.5+mm+female
Fit the m50x without modification? Ajarjay's post wasnt very clear

Nov 16, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #593 of 958
The first two are from the internet.  Unless I'm color blind they look white.  Mine is the third image on the blanket.  Gray/Silver definitely not white.  Oh well they sound ok.  I just don't like getting ripped off if they're supposed to be white. 

Nov 17, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #595 of 958
  The first two are from the internet.  Unless I'm color blind they look white.  Mine is the third image on the blanket.  Gray/Silver definitely not white.  Oh well they sound ok.  I just don't like getting ripped off if they're supposed to be white. 

Yours does look quite dark but I believe that's just the lighting. However, the two pictures look like silver rather than white, they're just taken in bright light - it could just be your computer monitor's contrast levels making them look white, so I wouldn't be worried about it.

Also see MKBHD's review at 2:17 - definitely grey/silver.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5DyEYuvF3o
  I got a pair of ATH-M40X from hong kong and there is the letter  R on both sides of the headphones. Should i suspect something..?

Hmm, that does seem suspicious, considering the M40X's R/L indicators is on the headband's hinges rather than on the metal hinge rings as they are on the M50x (which look almost stamped on)

Nov 17, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #597 of 958

Users who are viewing this thread

Back