New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable
Aug 25, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #526 of 958
yeah momentum is a little closed in, but i like its tonal balance. but better sound can be had at a lesser price than that of the momentums in the form of the PSB M4U1.

Sep 3, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #527 of 958
Just unboxed mine,and im testing them right now.Sound is amazing,crisp.Very,very pleased.
But i would love to have some more power.They are connected to my PC,and my mainboard soundcard is nothing special.

I have been searching for an amp to go with them,or a Amp/DAC even,that would be better.
I read a couple of reviews on the E17/e09k combo,and im thinking about it.
If you guys have any other suggestions,please share.

What about the O2/ODAC combo?

Sep 3, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #528 of 958
Just unboxed mine too, $122 shipped is pretty good(thanks for posting that buysonic deal) The pads are obv way better than my 3 year old M50 and I dunno it just feels better, sturdier (the hinges) but obviously this is due to wear and tear vs brand new. Love the new cable options. As for the sound, direct a/b with no burn in, the treble is definitely toned down a bit, my old m50 had sibilance with female vocals the m50x has no such thing. Mid bass more pronounced on the older model, the new one has less midbass bloat and a bit more sub bass instead. Very positive result. Extremely happy with these despite already having the M50 which shall now be gifted to someone.

Sep 3, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #529 of 958
These cans are great value for $.  I'm running my tunes off a Mac Air through the Woo WA7....the combination is really nice.

Having said that, I purchased the M50x's some months back as a package deal with a FiiO E6 at no extra cost (package deal off Amazon), and the simple FiiO provides some nice kick and color to my iPhone.

Enjoy your purchases....

biggrin.gif

HS

Sep 4, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #530 of 958
yeah amazon is full of deals like that. there is one with the limited edition M50x with an E6 and a gadget bag at $189.90. I wont ever need the E6 though as I already have the FiiO E11k and plan to get a fiio X1 to pair with it.

Sep 6, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #531 of 958
The M50x also has better matched channels than my old M50, which is great as I always had a hard time getting a center image in the M50 and that was pretty annoying. Comfort is also much better, they don't disappear on the head or anything but it's bearable even for longer sessions while the old one legit got unbearable after like 45 mins

Sep 6, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #532 of 958
better matched channels? Do u mean in terms of volume or something else?

Sep 6, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #533 of 958
better matched channels? Do u mean in terms of volume or something else?

He is talking about this: http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

Look under driver matching section.

I think driver matching is more dependent on whether your individual pair of headphones has any issues. Don't really think there really is a correlation to certain models being unmatched. It simply means your drivers can a slight issue.

Sep 23, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #536 of 958
Just picked mine up from FedEx!

This is my first pair of nice headphones, previously only had cheapies and a pair of Sleek SA-6 IEMs. It's going to take some time to get used to having this much bass and midbass. Really glad I didn't go for anything known to have more bass than these! Might play with EQ presets to cool it a bit for now..

darthsmile.gif

Sep 27, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #537 of 958
Scored some sexy LE Blue and Camel....it has been a while since I have heard these. I now remember why they are so well liked.

Oct 1, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #540 of 958
  Got my new M50x now and can definitely say they sound different from regular M50s. The x has heavier bass and less sibilant highs. I like it

burn them in first, then make a better judgement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back