New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable
Aug 16, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #511 of 958
ok sure! U are singaporean are u? If my friend wants it we can just meet up somwhere to do the transaction. Btw, earlier in the thread u said u bought these to replace the cans u just sold, so why are u sellig these so soon?

Aug 18, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #513 of 958
Hey guys, just asking how big or small is the soundstage on these cans compared to momentum akg k545 etc. What exactly I'd the sound signature some say it's flat others more bassy and warm. Any info would be much appreciated thanks.

Aug 18, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #514 of 958
those who say its sound signature is flat need an ear checkup. the soundstage is only half decent, and isnt it kind of unfair of u, comparing the M50x to cans twice the price? The M50x is good enough for the price as it is

Aug 18, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #515 of 958
is it bassy in a good way? Yes. warm? Not really, especially talking about the mids

Aug 18, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #516 of 958
Hey guys, just asking how big or small is the soundstage on these cans compared to momentum akg k545 etc. What exactly I'd the sound signature some say it's flat others more bassy and warm. Any info would be much appreciated thanks.

I've had mine for several months and I think they are a great value.  I purchased them for $169 with an included FiOO E06 amp.  You can now source them in the States for $129...wow.  That's a lot of can for the money IMO.

The k545's can be had for $199 on amazon so I don't think the comparison is unfair.  Some people might be less defensive...

I can't speak to the 545, but I would not call the M50x flat...at all.  I think the highs are there without being overwhelming and it's a bit on the warm side with solid bass but please note that I'm listening mostly through my Woo WA7 using both the DAC and amp in the Woo (a tube amp that sounds like a cross between a solid state and a tube...not as warm as a full blown tube amp).  They are VERY easily driven and sound pretty darn good straight out of my Mac Air (2012 or 2013 model...can't recall) and my iPhone 5s.  

I also have the Bang & Olufsen E6's and at first I thought they were the better can...a bit brighter, I thought better and more forward mid's but less bottom end.  But after coming back to the M50x's, I'm surprised how good they really are.  Basically a really fun, non-fatiguing and comfortable can that's easy to drive and forgiving.  Also, they get as close as anyone could expect to a high end can given the price point.  That's my opinion anyhoo...

HS

Aug 18, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #517 of 958
I've had mine for several months and I think they are a great value.  I purchased them for $169 with an included FiOO E06 amp.  You can now source them in the States for $129...wow.  That's a lot of can for the money IMO.

The k545's can be had for $199 on amazon so I don't think the comparison is unfair.  Some people might be less defensive...

I can't speak to the 545, but I would not call the M50x flat...at all.  I think the highs are there without being overwhelming and it's a bit on the warm side with solid bass but please note that I'm listening mostly through my Woo WA7 using both the DAC and amp in the Woo (a tube amp that sounds like a cross between a solid state and a tube...not as warm as a full blown tube amp).  They are VERY easily driven and sound pretty darn good straight out of my Mac Air (2012 or 2013 model...can't recall) and my iPhone 5s.  

I also have the Bang & Olufsen E6's and at first I thought they were the better can...a bit brighter, I thought better and more forward mid's but less bottom end.  But after coming back to the M50x's, I'm surprised how good they really are.  Basically a really fun, non-fatiguing and comfortable can that's easy to drive and forgiving.  Also, they get as close as anyone could expect to a high end can given the price point.  That's my opinion anyhoo...

HS

Where can I get it for $129??

Aug 19, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #520 of 958
Where can I get it for $129??

buysonic had them at $121.99, but out of stock now. I would just follow them for a few months, I'm sure they will pop back up. https://www.buysonic.com/sales-catalog/

flash sale site, so only 7 day return window for defective products. if you are positive that you want to keep them, a great site to get them from.

Aug 19, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #522 of 958
yup just adequate

Aug 22, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #523 of 958
those who say its sound signature is flat need an ear checkup. the soundstage is only half decent, and isnt it kind of unfair of u, comparing the M50x to cans twice the price? The M50x is good enough for the price as it is

high price doesn't always mean better

Aug 23, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #524 of 958
i know, but to the Momentum?! Plain unfair

Aug 25, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #525 of 958

Not very wide but well defined and seperated, IMO better than Momentum, I hear it as veiled, the stage is no good either.

K545 is rather nice, but it requires some juice. But that one im only judging from store demo using my phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back