New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable
Jun 13, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #391 of 958
there is only one shop in singapore that carries Beyerdynamic, but it only has one outlet in the whole of Singapore.

Jun 13, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #392 of 958
  I have had this same question for a while and haven't found a definitive answer yet :/

People on this thread have said that they sound different and some say they sound the same. I want to buy the LE but not if it sounds worse.

they don't have a different sound…..I have both, and they sound exactly the same to me

Jun 13, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #393 of 958
It's not just the treble it's the congestion. They literally have no soundstage. My DT770 just beat them in every area and they are £60 cheaper here.

Well I'm not buying any new 'phones 'til my M50 and M80s die so maybe i'll try the DT770 then. But yea what I want is better mids/vocals, tighter bass, and better instrument seperation

Jun 15, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #394 of 958
I have a couple of questions about these headphones, hopefully they haven't already been asked somewhere in the 27 page long thread D:
- My main motivation for buying these would be gaming, not competitive, just immersion. Can anyone comment on their capabilities in this respect?
- To clarify, the three cables that ship with these cans plug into the headphones with the 2.5mm end and have a 3.5mm on the other end? And the included adapter is a 3.5mm to quarter inch? 

Jun 15, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #395 of 958
Yes they have "micro" jack on the headphone end, 3.5mm mini-jack on the other (source) end, and the adapter from mini-jack to jack.

Jun 15, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #396 of 958
Ah, thanks. That makes sense; the removable cable feature seems extremely useful on these headphones! 
I'll drop by the music store tomorrow and try them on; hopefully they impress me, as they appear to check all other boxes.

Jun 15, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #397 of 958
I have a couple of questions about these headphones, hopefully they haven't already been asked somewhere in the 27 page long thread D:
- My main motivation for buying these would be gaming, not competitive, just immersion. Can anyone comment on their capabilities in this respect?
- To clarify, the three cables that ship with these cans plug into the headphones with the 2.5mm end and have a 3.5mm on the other end? And the included adapter is a 3.5mm to quarter inch? 

Wrong headphone for gaming. No soundstage and thin mids. Look into something that has a more dynamic soundstage with nice lush mids and a full low end.

A900x
DT770

Jun 15, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #398 of 958
I originally had my eye on the DT-770 Pro, but it's important that the headphones function with my smartphone as well so I can listen to music while traveling. Due to the 80 Ohm variant not having a coiled cable but just a straight 10 ft one, it's not exactly ideal for carrying, and the 250 Ohm ones will most likely not be driven by my HTC One. I know it's possible to attach an amp between the phone and the cans, but it's not something I've looked into further. Having to lug a box around (however small) seems cumbersome, and I'm sure they're not cheap either.

I'm currently using some $30 Creative Fatal1ty cans, so whatever I end up with is probably going to be a huge step in the right direction. Also, I was planning on getting an Asus Xonar U7 along with the headphones and use the accompanying software to compensate for lacking lows/mids. Is that a terrible idea? 

Jun 15, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #400 of 958
Money isn't a terribly limiting factor in my decision-making, but I am by no means an audiophile who can appreciate $1000 headphones, so all I'm looking for is decent set of cans that are portable, compatible with my smartphone and provide a sufficiently immersing experience while sitting in front of the computer. I don't require directional accuracy in shooters or anything like that. 
My hope is that the M50X LE fit the bill! They certainly appear to be portable, have great sound, and a very attractive price. Worst case scenario is I return them after a couple of days.

Jun 16, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #404 of 958
Hi all,

Can anyone with proper monitoring headphones confirm this is roughly the approximate representation of sound quality between these headphones (ATH-M50x vs BD DT770 Pro vs Beats Solo)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWBwXIVvKrk&src_vid=4pK7QbLNjno&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_4264385249

Many thanks
Andy

Jun 16, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #405 of 958
  Hi all,

Can anyone with proper monitoring headphones confirm this is roughly the approximate representation of sound quality between these headphones (ATH-M50x vs BD DT770 Pro vs Beats Solo)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWBwXIVvKrk&src_vid=4pK7QbLNjno&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_4264385249

Many thanks
Andy

unfortunately there is so many things wrong with that video. it doesn't even matter what headphones you use, there are no headphone that is so perfectly flat that using them would reproduce what you would hear if you were wearing them.

what kinda of sound signature are you looking for andy? is there a particular reason that drew you to the ath m50x?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back