New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable
Jun 12, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #376 of 958
Had the Blue and brown version for a week. Love the colour! so sexy and stylish! When it comes to the sound, these sound horrible like the old M50. balacned but sharp treble and loose bass! Mids are just a tad behinde the other two.

Compared to my Cheaper 770 there is no comparison the beyers dominate in every area. I do love the looks though but just wished they changed the sound.

compared to the beats studio 2.0 wired the studio is the better headphone but not double the price better! I would put the m50x on the same level as the HM5 but even then I prefer the HM5.

It's such a shame
frown.gif

Shots fired.

Jun 12, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #378 of 958
Jun 12, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #379 of 958
errr what u find the treble sharp??? What source are u using? Phones tend to have quite huge faults in SQ. For treble, i find the M50x to be much cleaner, with the 10kHz peak reduced by a ton, and much less fatigueing. In fact i found the M50x treble to be very clean, and this is coming from a guy used to $350++ headphones and $1500++ theatre systems.

Jun 12, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #380 of 958
Really the sound of blue limited edition is worse than in the standard m50x black?

Jun 12, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #383 of 958
Had the Blue and brown version for a week. Love the colour! so sexy and stylish! When it comes to the sound, these sound horrible like the old M50. balacned but sharp treble and loose bass! Mids are just a tad behinde the other two.

Compared to my Cheaper 770 there is no comparison the beyers dominate in every area. I do love the looks though but just wished they changed the sound.

compared to the beats studio 2.0 wired the studio is the better headphone but not double the price better! I would put the m50x on the same level as the HM5 but even then I prefer the HM5.

It's such a shame
frown.gif

I really like the sparkly treble on these.

Jun 12, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #386 of 958
So I've gone today to the store.

I took the ATH-M30X, M35, M40X, M50 and M50X and listened to all. I decided for M50X.
M30X, M35 sound very light, not much power in it. M40X sound quite powerful, slightly lighter than M50X (on Mac OSX I had to give them one more level UP on system volume), but the lows are not really interesting (it's very similar to M50X but without that much power, not cleaner in any way, just quieter). The old M50's are loud but they lack of lows and the treble is too distorted.
M50X have power, they're loud, lows a little bit too charged, mids are quite flat and clean, highs are clean (but as I said before a little bit calmer than Grados).
I will EQ these in home studio, and should be nice.

For outdoor use they should be also perfect.

Jun 13, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #387 of 958
the new M50x treble is really good.

Jun 13, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #390 of 958
for some reason, Beyerdynamic has like zero presence here in Singapore. and Singapore is like one of the premiere places to get electronics. stuff like PSB, Noble, Nad, bluesound, Geneva, can all be found if u know where to look for audio shops. almost every shopping mall has a dedicated electronics shop full of sennheisers, audio technicas and others, yet beyerdynamic is never found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back