New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable
Jul 12, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #466 of 958
  Just confirmed over the weekend, the Sennheiser HD598 cables DO have the exact same plug as the m50x and fits well.  The thinner part of the plug for the HD598 is slightly longer than the m50x though, so from an aesthetic standpoint it's not ideal but if you need a replacement/upgrade cable urgently, the HD598 ones will work.  For now it seems nobody has any cables for m50x yet.

Anyone know if the the m50x cables will fit inside and work with the HD598 as well?

Jul 12, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #467 of 958
  Anyone know if the the m50x cables will fit inside and work with the HD598 as well?

I just bought an HD558, and I'm using my modified M50x cable.  You need to remove the portion just above the strain relief which has the little silver marking in order for it to fit.  Otherwise, it will be too thick.  I removed the strain relief as well.  It isn't pretty, but it works. 

http://s244.photobucket.com/user/JonCurcio/media/558_m50x_cable_zpsf50cd6e7.jpg.html

Jul 13, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #468 of 958

From what I saw with the HD598 cables, the "thinner" portion that goes inside the left headphone seems to be longer than the m50x version.  So my guess is the HD598 will fit the m50x but not the other way around.  Of course easiest is to bring your headphones to the shop to test them

Jul 17, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #469 of 958
  I've received the cable today and can confirm that it fits the M50x perfectly. The cable is thinner than the stock cable, but I can’t hear a difference in sound quality. All three buttons work on my Android phone, which is great since usually only the center button works on Android devices. I can’t test iDevices since I don’t own one. The mic sounds good too.

Here are some pics: http://imgur.com/a/CYmVm

Since it's been a little while now since you posted this, how's the cable holding up? I'd like to order one, thanks for sharing that.

Jul 19, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #470 of 958
  Since it's been a little while now since you posted this, how's the cable holding up? I'd like to order one, thanks for sharing that.

quick question, so the cable fits in, but doesn't lock, is that correct?

Jul 19, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #471 of 958
most likely

Jul 19, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #472 of 958
Why wouldn't it lock?  It has the same locking end.  I don't lock my m50x cable in the HD558, because I stripped plug and strain relief, and there isn't much to grab, making it difficult to remove.  I haven't tested it for that reason.  I haven't bothered to use the 558 cable, since it has the 1/4" plug.   

Jul 19, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #473 of 958

I've been using it almost every day in my office. Although it does feel a bit cheap, it's still working fine. I actually got a Samsung Galaxy S5, and the prev/next buttons changed to volume buttons. But I was able to fix that by editing some files.

quick question, so the cable fits in, but doesn't lock, is that correct?

Actually the replacement cable does lock. It fits perfectly too, absolutely no movement.

Jul 19, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #474 of 958
  I've been using it almost every day in my office. Although it does feel a bit cheap, it's still working fine. I actually got a Samsung Galaxy S5, and the prev/next buttons changed to volume buttons. But I was able to fix that by editing some files.

Actually the replacement cable does lock. It fits perfectly too, absolutely no movement.

does the volume buttons work?!?!?!? omg that would be amazinggg

Jul 19, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #476 of 958

Cool good to know, thanks man.

Jul 19, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #477 of 958
  Depending on your phone they could be previous/next song or volume up/down buttons, but yea they work on Android devices. I haven't tested on Apple devices.

which phone did you test it on and what was the action?

Jul 20, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #478 of 958
  which phone did you test it on and what was the action?

Samsung Galaxy S5: volume
Samsung Nexus S: prev/next
The Ebay description says that the Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Note 2 and Note 3 act as volume buttons.

Seems like the newer Samsung devices use those buttons for volume. But you can always change the buttons if you have rooted your device.

Jul 20, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #479 of 958
  Samsung Galaxy S5: volume
Samsung Nexus S: prev/next
The Ebay description says that the Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Note 2 and Note 3 act as volume buttons.

Seems like the newer Samsung devices use those buttons for volume. But you can always change the buttons if you have rooted your device.

niicee!! how is the mic quality for phone calls?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back