New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Dec 19, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #766 of 11,274
I'm not lying about the crushed items due to a forklift... just happened to someone I knew a few months ago. They had ordered a receiver. Which is more sturdy if at least just as sturdy as a audio gd dac. It was comically horrifying how badly it was crushed... I'll try and find a picture if possible.
There is no need for picture. I absolutely believe you!

If I open door and see R2R d/a converter box like pancake, I would say No... who is this person? this person is not me.... I'm not sure who this is, please send back to originator.... then immediate tell Qinghua! :)

I have theory about custom from experience. The higher amounts I claim on package, the more abuse I notice. I always notice DHL custom "checked" tape on package..... I always think, it is human nature to be curious.... If human is sitting long hours checking box and box, then see some particular "gem" with high value... they may be more incline to have a peek and "check" item is appropriate for imports :wink: Also, I notice lots of time they take out item out of box put in a bag! Then box of item get crushed...

Dec 19, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #767 of 11,274
We will cover the issue of the shipping.
If the product lost, contact us, we will shipping a new one.
If the product became a DVD player but not your order , contact us, we will check , if it is our fault, we will shipping a new one.
If the product damage ,contact us get the replace parts or replace unit.
About the value declare, depend on customer's prefer, in fact full declare value is better for us. But not good for customers.

Dec 19, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #768 of 11,274
Good to know you'll replace the unit if it arrives damaged. At least I hope that's what you're saying. I was going to order an r2r 7 but decided not to mainly because Canada customs likes to hold mainland china packages in customs for unfair amounts of time. Shipping back to China would also be very expensive for me. Even shipping to me would be expensive. I just don't feel comfortable mis declaring stuff as incorrect value, it makes me feel vulnerable in case something happened.... it seems to me you're saying you take customers word as fact though? I guess you figure most people wouldn't try to scam you, I dunno. Oh and Canada would levy a 6% tarrif on imported electronics, plus the usual 13% rate we are all taxed...

If Schiit didn't exist I would have ordered from you, but since it does, and since I'm very close the USA, I bought a Yggdrasil.

Dec 19, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #769 of 11,274
Good to know you'll replace the unit if it arrives damaged. At least I hope that's what you're saying. I was going to order an r2r 7 but decided not to mainly because Canada customs likes to hold mainland china packages in customs for unfair amounts of time. Shipping back to China would also be very expensive for me. Even shipping to me would be expensive. I just don't feel comfortable mis declaring stuff as incorrect value, it makes me feel vulnerable in case something happened.... it seems to me you're saying you take customers word as fact though? I guess you figure most people wouldn't try to scam you, I dunno. Oh and Canada would levy a 6% tarrif on imported electronics, plus the usual 13% rate we are all taxed...

If Schiit didn't exist I would have ordered from you, but since it does, and since I'm very close the USA, I bought a Yggdrasil.
Out of curiousity, how much did it cost all in all in customs, including brokerage? Let us know when you get it.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #770 of 11,274
Out of curiousity, how much did it cost all in all in customs, including brokerage? Let us know when you get it.
I already got it. I've had it for over a month now. And since I ordered mine brand new from schiit, and was at the mercy of the daily inflation rate for USD, I paid just shy under $3500. 13% tax, plus the weak dollar. Brokerage was FedEx usual $10 fee and there were zero duty tarrifs levied on it because the dac was made in America and subject to NAFTA trade deals.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #771 of 11,274

Hi D2Girls, i dont post much but I saw you are worried about Canada customs and I thought I would chime in.
I am located in Ontario, Canada and have ordered the following from Audio-GD in the last year:
R2R-7, HE-350, Precision 3, and most recently a Master 9.

I received each one of these packages through DHL with no damage to any of the packages or components.
Audio-GD packaging is very safe so there is nothing to worry about packaging wise (even with the massive HE-350)
I always received them within a week of the date it was shipped from China and I have never had a customs issue with DHL; usually the max total import fees are $75-$100cdn (it was $75 on the master 7 and R2R-7 for example).

Rest assured I am very happy with all my Audio-GD components and the brand as a whole. USA made products simply can't complete in the price to performance ratio Audio-Gd offers due to local part sourcing in China. Sure there is a chance that you might have to ship something back, however that is a risk I am willing to take given the savings of buying direct from a Chinese manufacturer.

Hell even Kevin Gilmore (Designer of GSX mk2 headphone amp) stated the following:
"But lets face it, I cannot even buy the parts or raw material to build this stuff for the prices kingwa is selling this gear for. Really high quality for a goofy low price."

Hopefully this has helped ease your worries, you do not want to miss out on the R2R-7! It's really something special at this price point. I am actually very tempted to buy a second R2R-7 or R2R-1 to pair with my Master 9 for my headphone setup (current R2R-7 is in my main speaker setup)

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #773 of 11,274
Hows this DAC looking compared to the Yggy , Holo Spring, and other competitors around the price range?
As good or better apparently and more customizable and versatile (plays dsd or pcm with equal brio). Very organic and accurate at the same time, with an outstanding soundstage. Like a turntable on steroides, especially in NOS mode,

Dec 20, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #774 of 11,274
I just don't feel comfortable mis declaring stuff as incorrect value, it makes me feel vulnerable in case something happened....

Then whenever you buy anything from China, ask them to declare it for the full value you paid for it. That's common sense. I think it became a habit amongst Chinese vendors to declare things below full value because customers kept asking them to.

Dec 20, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #775 of 11,274
Then whenever you buy anything from China, ask them to declare it for the full value you paid for it. That's common sense. I think it became a habit amongst Chinese vendors to declare things below full value because customers kept asking them to.
hi currawong, do you think the r2r 7 is better or worse then the yggdrasil. I feel like you have owned them both long enough to make an informed decision... overall what do you think is the better dac?

Dec 20, 2017 at 1:49 AM Post #776 of 11,274
It's so very close between them that on most music and with most speakers and headphones I'd be surprised if you could make out a difference.

Dec 20, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #777 of 11,274
I'd be surprised if you could make out a difference.
last night after 30min of parallel feeding the R2R7 [I2S] and this [SPDIF] I concluded that the biggest difference in these DACs was made by me not matching the interconnects -- once those were matched, certain tracks were indistinguishable (by chance the gains almost matched). Had I given the other DAC an LPS then maybe it's treble would clean up and close the gap with the R2R7. Hopefully with time I'll form a stronger opinion, but if this is a struggle for me then I can see the Yggy compare being lost on me.

Dec 20, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #778 of 11,274
last night after 30min of parallel feeding the R2R7 [I2S] and this [SPDIF] I concluded that the biggest difference in these DACs was made by me not matching the interconnects -- once those were matched, certain tracks were indistinguishable (by chance the gains almost matched). Had I given the other DAC an LPS then maybe it's treble would clean up and close the gap with the R2R7. Hopefully with time I'll form a stronger opinion, but if this is a struggle for me then I can see the Yggy compare being lost on me.
Are you using a class-d amp? Anything coloring the sound?

Dec 20, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #780 of 11,274
Sounds like picking up the Yggy over the r2r7 is a no brainer then. Made in America, performs the same, cheaper and less of a hassle to ship back for repairs. Only benefit I can see of having the r2r 7 is that heavy weight to it. Definitely feels like a more balanced and expensive product... not to say the Yggy isn't light either!

@darren700 I don't believe I was ever concerned that audio gd would ship their gear less than adequately. I was concerned that declaring something under value would hamper efforts into claiming value in damaged goods. After researching this a bit more, I've learned that its in the shipping company to replace the damaged gear. It's certainly not the vendors fault if DHL accidentally ran over the package at some point during shipping.

Doing further further research into this it seems like getting any money back from such the shipping company can be a nightmare that will be made much worse if you did not declare the value of the item being shipped to you. I only hope audio gd normally ships stuff out with the full value declared, irrespective of what the customer would want. I'm starting to see why companies refuse to do such arrangements now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back