New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Apr 22, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #3,976 of 11,296
@DACLadder Thanks! I have a few Hi-Fi technicians in mind located within 100 miles of me to check out if soldering is required. One of them did work on my brother's Rogue tube amps that required re-soldering.

Do you know if the front panel of the M7S is upgradeable like your R2R 7 was? I should have asked Kingwa that question when I ordered the new clocks.

Apr 22, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #3,977 of 11,296
@Tango Sierra Excellent! We are here if you need any help.

The front panel should be compatible but this may limit firmware upgrade possibiliies. But if you like V3A, V3SA, or V3S these R7 firmware versions should work with a faceplate upgrade in the M7S.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #3,978 of 11,296
The DA7 V2 DAC boards shipped from AGD. I may wait a few weeks before installing as the Accusilicon XOs are still running in.

Hit end of week 3 on R7's XO swap. It has been an interesting ride. Last week I thought sound digressed in the R7 but this week I take back all doubts as imaging and detail excellent. Much less grain, dynamic, balanced, great bass, etc, etc... You have to hear for yourself! Accusilicon's are the best upgrade ever for my AGD DACs. (Gustard U16 I2S and TDA Asy firmware OS 8x)

Has anyone upgraded (or received recently) the R8 with Accusilicon XOs? That may be a hot combo with the upgraded DA7 V2 boards (shipping since Dec. 2018).

If you are considering a new Audio GD DAC pay the extra $76 and upgrade to Accusilicons. They really should be standard issue on the flagship models.

Apr 22, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #3,979 of 11,296
The DA7 V2 DAC boards shipped from AGD. I may wait a few weeks before installing as the Accusilicon XOs are still running in.

Hit end of week 3 on R7's XO swap. It has been an interesting ride. Last week I thought sound digressed in the R7 but this week I take back all doubts as imaging and detail excellent. Much less grain, dynamic, balanced, great bass, etc, etc... You have to hear for yourself! Accusilicon's are the best upgrade ever for my AGD DACs. (Gustard U16 I2S and TDA Asy firmware OS 8x)

Has anyone upgraded (or received recently) the R8 with Accusilicon XOs? That may be a hot combo with the upgraded DA7 V2 boards (shipping since Dec. 2018).

If you are considering a new Audio GD DAC pay the extra $76 and upgrade to Accusilicons. They really should be standard issue on the flagship models.

Hello Scott
Are the Accusilicons a bigger upgrade than the U16? Am I getting it right?
If so.. Wow... You've got me thinking!
Is it difficult to connect them?
If there's soldering, I have no tech expertise, but I could think about getting it done with a local tech and following Audio-gd instructions or yours.
What's your opinion? Where did you buy the Accusilicons?
Cheers
Pedro

Apr 22, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #3,980 of 11,296
@PLGA All the recent upgrades including Gustard U16 and TDA Asy firmware made a positive difference on R7 playback. The Accusilicon XOs have more profound affect. Everything sounds better after swapping the clocks including Singxer F1.

Changing out the oscillators requires some skill and most likely involves soldering. Kingwa recommended (to me) to eliminate the oscillator sockets and solder the new XOs direct to the PCB. See my post from several weeks ago.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new...tor-ladder-dacs.853902/page-256#post-14871519

Order the Accusilicons from Audio GD. See the Audio GD “Products” web page for more info. You need two oscillators - Accusilicon 318B 90M and 98M for most AGD DACs. Price should be around $100 US with shipping. Good luck!

Apr 24, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #3,985 of 11,296
Ordered the Accusilicon's for my R8 :)

Apr 24, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #3,988 of 11,296
Ordered the Accusilicon's for my R8 :)

dTOwNQN

(Idk why I can’t post pics. Here’s the link: https://imgur.com/gallery/dTOwNQN )

Much easier install, as compared to looking at the board of the R7.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #3,990 of 11,296
Magna-Hifi is doing it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back