New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Jun 17, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #2,071 of 11,305
Yes, there are 2 chips per channels
Yes, four updates have to be done. You have to disconnect the usb cable and turn off the dac and wait each time. The da-7 board work as is if there were 2 separate boards in one. They are most likely logically independent, just playing the same i2s signal with inverted phases. I assume they are logically configured to do so.

Jun 18, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #2,079 of 11,305
Pangea won't ship to my country. Just heard that the shorter the better.

If I'm not mistaken, NOS 3 would be best with IS12 right?
Nos3 is actually great with everything while 8X0S is the most picky, but I have to give the best performances to 8X-OS. You won’t get it until you have a great source. Recently a friend have ordered the Mano-Streamer, and is loving the 8X-OS too on M-7 though. I think there is only one person who uses Mano on R2R7 by far

Jun 18, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #2,080 of 11,305
Nos3 is actually great with everything while 8X0S is the most picky, but I have to give the best performances to 8X-OS. You won’t get it until you have a great source. Recently a friend have ordered the Mano-Streamer, and is loving the 8X-OS too on M-7 though. I think there is only one person who uses Mano on R2R7 by far
Interesting, thanks for that. I have a decent coaxial cable, so I'll start out with that. I can experiment with IS12 later. Just want to give every configuration a chance to shine, not sure where I'll end up!

Jun 18, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #2,081 of 11,305
Interesting, thanks for that. I have a decent coaxial cable, so I'll start out with that. I can experiment with IS12 later. Just want to give every configuration a chance to shine, not sure where I'll end up!
I am very interested about your conclusions with the Mano using the i2s output.

As for power cable, after trying 7-8, this one is the best so far:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Furukawa-PC...AWG/222573597421?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Other sellers have similar products but this one is worth paying more over other varations. The gold-plated plugs seem to make a difference. He should have the european version as well. Can't find it, he does not ship to Canada anymore so i can't browse his articles.

Oh, this post is about i2s cables.... Sorry, when i saw Pangea, i jumped in.. :)

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #2,082 of 11,305
While my R2R-7 is being prepared. Any thoughts on this for an IS12 cable? https://www.amazon.com/Black-Standard-normal-Interface-blackmagic/dp/B06XRVC2VV
That cable is only 10 cm. (4 inches) in length so may be impractical. Plus the cable stock used to make it is cheap. Wireworld makes 0.3m length cables but are expensive. I have WW purple, red, and silver colored cables in 0.3m lengths and are downrev by now but all sound the same in those short lengths. Good choice if you can find a used one on Ebay. HDMI cable quality really counts on longest lengths especially but if you stick with 0.5m cables you find something affordable on Amazon. Look for HDMI "2.0" spec cables that are designed to work with higher bandwidth 4K TV monitor signals.

But as a general rule for given cable stock the shorter the cable is in length yields lower jitter versus longer lengths. For example don't use a 6m length cable when 0.5m will do fine.

Jun 18, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #2,083 of 11,305
I did a cool down-heat up cycle Saturday to install the da fw update. This applied to my new linear psu feeding the f-1 as well. Since Saturday night, my sound has been nothing short of amazing without interruption. These cycles help a lot with burning in. Maybe the linear psu was not yet to its peak. I will try to remember this for whenever thing are not as good.

Jun 19, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #2,084 of 11,305
I am very interested about your conclusions with the Mano using the i2s output.

As for power cable, after trying 7-8, this one is the best so far:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Furukawa-PC...AWG/222573597421?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Other sellers have similar products but this one is worth paying more over other varations. The gold-plated plugs seem to make a difference. He should have the european version as well. Can't find it, he does not ship to Canada anymore so i can't browse his articles.

Oh, this post is about i2s cables.... Sorry, when i saw Pangea, i jumped in.. :)

FYI: My offer of $75 for 1.5m version of this cable was accepted.
Thanks for the recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back