New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Apr 12, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #1,472 of 11,273
Did I ever show you my T2 that I made using all silver ? These are 16Awg Silver solid wires running inside. One of the reason I don’t really use Litz Silver being conducted like that anymore is because the very tip top of the extensions are attenuated down in comparison to Solid Silver with larger sizes (in compromise of a more intimidating soundstage). So I no longer use it that way anymore. You may want to source that 16-18Awg solid wire as linked above and make an XLR like mine, you will observe it

Also, when you make Interconnect cables, have it a shield. You will encounter hums when the conditions are met, unless you have it shielded.

Nicely put together. Should cost at least 4 times what you spent bought as a finished product.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #1,474 of 11,273
Nicely put together. Should cost at least 4 times what you spent bought as a finished product.

Off topic, may be, but I essentially put all the experiences I have gathered up until now over thousands of dollars invested in trying different wires, cables and materials. :)

Anyways, glad to share, and let’s get back to R2R-7

I am a man of enthusiasm, and I want to know , chase down what different materials and constructions bring. I experienced something not all of you did, and that I can even go about making a business out of it too....but I don’t care, all I care is my experiences and what can satisfy my needs for “sound performances”

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #1,475 of 11,273
Nicely put together.
Off topic, may be, but I essentially put all the experiences I have gathered up until now over thousands of dollars invested in trying different wires, cables and materials. :)

Anyways, glad to share, and let’s get back to R2R-7

I am a man of enthusiasm, and I want to know , chase down what different materials and constructions bring. I experienced something not all of you did, and that I can even go about making a business out of it too....but I don’t care, all I care is my experiences and what can satisfy my needs for “sound performances”
Thank for sharing. Much appreciated.

Apr 14, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #1,479 of 11,273
Got a new linear psu to feed the Singxer. Realy like it so far. The psu is supposed to produce less than 13uV of noise (unloaded). It's rated for 2a but the f-1 only draws 150 mA. So it's more than ten times oversized which is great thing.

The benefits are quite subtil but very enjoyable at the same time. We talking of an overall increased accuracy. Which transltes into:

1. Slighly better details and imaging.
2. Slighly more relaxed and smooth sound
3. More sustained bass, not as subtil, quite noticeable.
4. Better bass definition, suble again

And a bonus benefit, before with 352/24, the sound would cut for 1 second every hour or so. It has yet to cut one time after 3-4 hours. I took the schiit wyrd out my usb chain. I now have the mac->intona->f-1.

To power the f-1, i made no mod, i just use a special dc cable that replaces the power on the usb line, like teradak supplies with the x1-x2 linear supply.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #1,480 of 11,273
I think @Currawong mentioned the r2r 7 was sensitive to transport with the accurate fw. I would agree to this. With break-in, my new linear supply is improving, to the benefit of sound quality.

@Whitigir was wondering about z axis imaging accuracy. I can definitely say that using a very good/excellent transport, there is a clear height difference to be heard between instruments. My advice to you would be: don't try to save on transport.

The r2r 7 is a challenging dac to works with but it very rewarding when you hit the right buttons.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #1,481 of 11,273
I think Currawong mentioned the r2r 7 was sensitive to transport with the accurate fw. I would agree to this. With break-in, my new linear supply is improving, to the benefit sound quality.

@Whitigir was wondering about z axis imaging accuracy. I can definitely say that using a very good/excellent transport, there is a clear height difference to be heard between instruments. My advice to you would be: don't try to save on transport.

The r2r 7 is a challenging dac to works with but it very rewarding when you hit the right buttons.

I use WM1Z and a docking system from Sony with Solid Silver usb Cables into my DAC :). I don’t think it is a cheap transport lol. Thanks for the impression on that Z-Axis. I am still waiting for my r2r7. Kingwa told me that it was shipped but he wouldn’t have tracking number until 3 more days....don’t know what that mean, but still is waiting...lol

Apr 14, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #1,482 of 11,273
I use WM1Z and a docking system from Sony with Solid Silver usb Cables into my DAC :). I don’t think it is a cheap transport lol. Thanks for the impression on that Z-Axis. I am still waiting for my r2r7. Kingwa told me that it was shipped but he wouldn’t have tracking number until 3 more days....don’t know what that mean, but still is waiting...lol
You should get it within 4-5 days max. But it will sound like sh. for the first 24 hours...so... You will have a taste of its potential after 24 hours but just a taste.

With the new linear supply on the amanero and your clean and accurate transport, you should get excellent results.

Ultimately, buy a usb to i2s transport. Things should improve further. How much, i don't know. I am sure a Kingwa did a good job on the new linear supply, so maybe you won't need anything more than a clean usb signal.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #1,483 of 11,273
You should get it within 4-5 days max. But it will sound like sh. for the first 24 hours...so... You will have a taste of its potential after 24 hours but just a taste.

With the new linear supply on the amanero and your clean and accurate transport, you should get excellent results.

Ultimately, buy a usb to i2s transport. Things should improve further. How much, i don't know. I am sure a Kingwa did a good job on the new linear supply, so maybe you won't need anything more than a clean usb signal.
The docking system from the Walkman is already providing the cleanest usb signals :). I may have it Monday or Tuesday. Did you say r2r7 is more neutral and bright ? Or what is it overall sound sig

Apr 14, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #1,484 of 11,273
The docking system from the Walkman is already providing the cleanest usb signals :). I may have it Monday or Tuesday. Did you say r2r7 is more neutral and bright ? Or what is it overall sound sig
A little bright. Close to neutral. I use a silver cable, not not so bad. Woth the smooth fw, it is even more neutral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back