New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Sep 30, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #3,256 of 11,306
OCXO doesn’t need any heat sink, the oven needs to be at that temperature. The problem is how powerful of a PS it would need :frowning2:
Good point, i was naive in saying this. Another concern is with heating up components that are close by. I would go for the Accusilicon rather then these. But the Accusilicon also draw 20mA each... Lowering the psu’s noise floor is also a potential upgrade move.

Sep 30, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #3,257 of 11,306
Good point, i was naive in saying this. Another concern is with heating up components that are close by. I would go for the Accusilicon rather then these. But the Accusilicon also draw 20mA each... Lowering the psu’s noise floor is also a potential upgrade move.
The Accusillicon is good, but where would one buy it :D ?

Oct 1, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #3,260 of 11,306
the R8 looks like a very good compromise between price and performance..does anybody know if I could use the I2s connection with my PS Audio PWT CD transport?..As you know, alas being both HDMI is not enough, the pins can be different..do Audio Gd follows PS Audio's protocol or not ?
I an shopping around for a new DAC and, wanting to go R2R, I was leaning toward a Denafrips Venus or the Holo (both PS Audio compatible) bur frankly I always liked the idea of a Kingwa product..

Oct 1, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #3,261 of 11,306
the R8 looks like a very good compromise between price and performance..does anybody know if I could use the I2s connection with my PS Audio PWT CD transport?..As you know, alas being both HDMI is not enough, the pins can be different..do Audio Gd follows PS Audio's protocol or not ?
I an shopping around for a new DAC and, wanting to go R2R, I was leaning toward a Denafrips Venus or the Holo (both PS Audio compatible) bur frankly I always liked the idea of a Kingwa product..
Someone, either on thr r-28 or r2r thread mentioned using your transport with his audio-gd dac.

Oct 1, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #3,263 of 11,306
the R8 looks like a very good compromise between price and performance..does anybody know if I could use the I2s connection with my PS Audio PWT CD transport?..As you know, alas being both HDMI is not enough, the pins can be different..do Audio Gd follows PS Audio's protocol or not ?..

Audio GD I2S interface over HDMI hardware was designed around the “PS Audio” I2S method. So compatible and even tested with PWT CD transport several years ago on the Master 7.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #3,264 of 11,306
Once in a while, it seems like a good idea to do a power off-on cycle with the r-7. Did it tonight, and with the singxer f-1 at the same time. My setup is awesome at the moment. In fact, i alway turn the f-1 off at the same time. I power the r-7 back on first, then the f-1

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #3,265 of 11,306
Once in a while, it seems like a good idea to do a power off-on cycle with the r-7. Did it tonight, and with the singxer f-1 at the same time. My setup is awesome at the moment. In fact, i alway turn the f-1 off at the same time. I power the r-7 back on first, then the f-1
U mean it gives the machine a rest and it may sound better later on when restarted? Did u leave it off for a certain time before turning it back on?

Oct 3, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #3,268 of 11,306
I have an interesting finding. Remember I have been having noise issue with DSD256 on R2R7 ? I was using audirvana ---> to F1 board ---> R2R7. This has affected some R2R11 users even more with DSD 64 and 128. I then used HQ player direct mode but the noise is still there; But if I use HQ player and not use direct mode to play DSD but use the upsampling/down sampling mode though actually keep playing at same rate of DSD 256 for my native DSD files, the noise is gone!
This mode applies some digital filter like Poly-sinc, IIR etc and probably gets rid of the noise. The down side is the sound is now more sterile, and less organic. The direct mode has this noise at the beginning fo the track or on some very quiet passage or towards the end of the track but it sounds absolutely gorgeous! The piano tone is like super real and all the musicality/emotions comes out. The filtered mode sounds cleaner, lost the emotions, but more like PCM. (but I don't think it is PCM, as the HQ player shows no PCM conversion at the output, it remains in DSD 11.2896 Mhz. It is like listening to vinyl vs digital remastered CD. I read from article attached that for some silence or low signal passages of DSD track, some sort of editing is needed, if my interpretation is correct, and may make audible noise, like in "noise gating"See 2, 3.1 adnd 3.5 . Since I am no electronic/sound engineering I have little idea if this is even applicable but it appears the digital filter applied on HQ player can get rid of this noise.

Attachments

• Digital Audio Effects Applied Directly on a DSD Bitstream.pdf
    368 KB · Views: 0
Oct 7, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #3,269 of 11,306
Is anybody having glitches with 24/192 files with SA-v3 firmware? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back