New Audeze LCD3
Jul 13, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #7,816 of 11,521
Quote:
UK Customs still charged me in full and in the end I gave up because nobody could give me a clear procedure on how to claim the money back. I phoned UK customs and they just kept telling me that labeling it as a repair does not make it exempt.

Repair != Warranty

Jul 13, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #7,817 of 11,521
Quote:

Which is technically illegal and is a risk for the sender. I don't believe you need to declare a low value going into the US as they wouldn't charge taxation anyway. So Headroom would have to be willing to accept that if the item is seized if they ship it as $10 value that they will lose out as they won't be able to claim from the courier. It is a low risk, and I have got away with this myself but it is a risk nonetheless. I am also unsure if the courier will accept one value for damages (i.e. if the item is damaged in shipping) that doesn't have to correlate with the declared customs value. There is actually an official UK customs procedure called "Outward processing relief" but it is so complicated I couldn't make sense of it. The UK customs website does make it clear you do not end up out of pocket but I couldn't work out if you have to pay the customs again and then claim it back or you include a form which Headroom etc would include with the return.

The good news is that I hope this is all totally irrelevant as it sounds like a source issue as others have said.

Nothing illegal at all. With both Hifiman and Audeze RMA's, they ask to declare it a low value as defective audio equipment. There is nothing wrong with declaring a low value when it is not working. They can't tell you it's worth more or something when you label it as defective. Additionally, when they ship it back, Audeze always declares low. If the customs have a problem, simply show them the previous transaction and you should be fine.

Jul 13, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #7,818 of 11,521
Quote:
A quick question for both LCD-3 and HD800 owners. How do you find the comfort between the two, specifically with respect to ear pad density, diameter, shape, material and depth?

I have heard some say that they find the HD800 pads a bit too thin, while overall the headphone is comfy.

I don't think there has been anyway headphone I've tested that is anywhere near the comfort level of the HD800. Sure other headphone feel comfy when you first wear it. But after a few hour music session, the table turn dramatically. IMO I don't think the pad are bit too thin. For me, I think the thick pads like the LCD 2/3 make be feel enclosed and stuffy for prolong listening.

Jul 13, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #7,819 of 11,521
I don't think there has been anyway headphone I've tested that is anywhere near the comfort level of the HD800. Sure other headphone feel comfy when you first wear it. But after a few hour music session, the table turn dramatically. IMO I don't think the pad are bit too thin. For me, I think the thick pads like the LCD 2/3 make be feel enclosed and stuffy for prolong listening.

I only wore the HD800 for 10 minutes and they felt very comfortable.

However, I'll take the once an hour repositioning of the LCD3s in a heartbeat to get its sound.
They do not feel enclosed and stuffy in any way, shape, or form TO ME.

Do you actually own a pair of '3s ?

Jul 13, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #7,820 of 11,521
I actually own a pair of 3s and I do in fact wear them for hours at a time and find them extremely comfortable. In addition to awesome sound they are just really incredible phones IMHO.

Jul 13, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #7,821 of 11,521
I was just gonna ask if I am the only one who finds the LCD-3s perfectly confortable ... Never had any confort issues with either the LCD-2s or 3s (both being vegan versions). Sure they're heavier than the HD800s and yes the Senns are even more confortable, but that said I am not experiencing any disconfort with the Audeze whatsoever.

Jul 13, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #7,823 of 11,521
Jul 13, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #7,824 of 11,521
Quote:
I was just gonna ask if I am the only one who finds the LCD-3s perfectly confortable ... Never had any confort issues with either the LCD-2s or 3s (both being vegan versions). Sure they're heavier than the HD800s and yes the Senns are even more confortable, but that said I am not experiencing any disconfort with the Audeze whatsoever.

Foam head band,never had a problem. But the leather headband. Hurt me within 20 mins (both LCD 2 and 3), it create point pressure on top of my head which is really annoying that's why I had to keep the foam one:wink:

Jul 13, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #7,825 of 11,521
Quote:
Foam head band,never had a problem. But the leather headband. Hurt me within 20 mins (both LCD 2 and 3), it create point pressure on top of my head which is really annoying that's why I had to keep the foam one:wink:

Had the same issue.  I found that rotating the headband back a couple inches solved that problem. I can listen for hours without discomfort

Jul 13, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #7,826 of 11,521
Quote:
Had the same issue.  I found that rotating the headband back a couple inches solved that problem. I can listen for hours without discomfort

I think it's all the metal they use in the head band, creating so much weight and down force. Maybe Audeze should consider releasing headband made out of aluminium alloy, it's super lite and strong.

Jul 13, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #7,827 of 11,521
Quote:
I think it's all the metal they use in the head band, creating so much weight and down force. Maybe Audeze should consider releasing headband made out of aluminium alloy, it's super lite and strong.

Sorry, but rather its the nature of the beast with regards to orthos....they need magnets to move the driver...and those magnets ain't light. 
size]

Jul 13, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #7,828 of 11,521
Quote:
I only wore the HD800 for 10 minutes and they felt very comfortable.

However, I'll take the once an hour repositioning of the LCD3s in a heartbeat to get its sound.
They do not feel enclosed and stuffy in any way, shape, or form TO ME.

Do you actually own a pair of '3s ?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/575751/new-audeze-lcd3/7620  < Look at my post on the loose connectors. In the process of shipping to Audeze to have them RMA (their service in increadible, super quick response). I gotta admit, for $2k headphone. Their warranty service exceeds their build quality IMO, heard so many people with DOA drivers.

I use to own the LCD 2 Rev 2 before LCD 3 came out. But I sold them due to the narrow sound stage.

Jul 14, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #7,829 of 11,521
Quote:

Yeah, I kind of liked the foam headbands too. They don't make them anymore. (PS-- if anyone's interested in a mint little-used pair I'm the original owner of foam-headband LCD 2.2s  w/the nice wooden box -- i got LCD3s very soon after these --
for, say, $800, please let me know. They are very comfortable imho. For an extra $175, I'll toss in my nice Q-Audio 11 or 12 foot cable with them. I settled on a Moon Silver Dragon
for my LCD3s).

Jul 14, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #7,830 of 11,521
The LCD3 pads are great. They're pretty comfortable headphones overall thanks to the softer LCD3 pads, minus the headband's center-point pressure point. But you can fix that by putting a senn HD600/650 headband foam under the LCD headband. There aren't many headphones as comfy as the HD800, and sadly, ortho's aren't nearly as light by nature.

I have to say though, for short listening sessions (under 2 hours),my most comfy headphone is the HE6 w/LCD3 pads and beyer headband cushion. But after a few hours, you do start to feel weight.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back