New Audeze LCD3
Apr 7, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #4,996 of 11,521
Just a note on those plots:

• The noise floor has been shifted down to -36db, the floor on most of my prior plots only went down to -30db.
  • These are "open air" measurements which tend to exaggerate resonances with certain headphones. Similar measurements taken sealed (on a dummy head or ear coupling) would result in the resonance at 4k being about -25db down.
  • No smoothing is applied to the plots

Nevermind.

Apr 7, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #4,997 of 11,521
My pair, which arrived Thursday, are serial # 26130**, and have foam behind the grills.

The plot is dated "4-2-12" which I thought meant April 2, but now I wonder if  Audeze is using day-month-year, in which case I might have gotten a "stale" pair.  

Arrgh.

Apr 7, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #4,998 of 11,521

Quote:
My pair, which arrived Thursday, are serial # 26130**, and have foam behind the grills.

The plot is dated "4-2-12" which I thought meant April 2, but now I wonder if  Audeze is using day-month-year, in which case I might have gotten a "stale" pair.  

Arrgh.

They are a U.S. company and that is the (uniquely) American date format for April 2nd.

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #4,999 of 11,521

Quote:

Arrgh.

Maybe you should stop worrying about date and start enjoying music if nothing is the problem with the headphones.

Apr 7, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #5,005 of 11,521

Quote:
As stupid as meters and kilograms
tongue.gif

You're kidding right? Try some fluid mechanics calculations in Imperial and you end up with slugs/ft. WTH is a slug?
tongue.gif

How many centimeters in a meter...100, how many millimeters in a meter...1000.

How many inches in a yard? Beats me? 
smile.gif

Apr 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #5,006 of 11,521

Quote:
You're kidding right? Try some fluid mechanics calculations in Imperial and you end up with slugs/ft. WTH is a slug?
tongue.gif

smile.gif

Nobody uses imperial for physics, but Fahrenheit is more precise than Celsius.

Apr 7, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #5,009 of 11,521

Quote:
Nobody uses imperial for physics, but Fahrenheit is more precise than Celsius.

Umm I don't agree with you here. 0'C is easy...water freezes at that temp (at 1 atm) and water boils at 100'C (not the obscure 212'F
tongue.gif
). And again, going back to units calculations for say chemical reaction rates as they relate to reactor design...this Chemical Engineer is going with Celsius every time.
smile.gif

However being a professional engineer (in Canada) with many American customers, one does have to be able to move between both Imperial and Metric. Though there is no doubt which system is better and cleaner.

Apr 7, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #5,010 of 11,521
Quote:
Well that's the most ridiculous one of all... 

I agree.

Quote:
tongue.gif

smile.gif

Pretty much nobody actually uses imperial units for physics here.  Metric is great for physics and that's pretty much what it was made for but imperial units relate to normal everyday things better.  That's how they were defined in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back