New Audeze LCD3
Mar 30, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #4,831 of 11,521
@ mogwai

A couple new amps I'm interested in are the Bryston BHA-1 and Schiit Mjolnir. The Bryston is due any time now, the Mjolnir in a few months, but is balanced only. The Bryston is $1300 the Mjolnir, $750.

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #4,832 of 11,521
@ mogwai
A couple new amps I'm interested in are the Bryston BHA-1 and Schiit Mjolnir. The Bryston is due any time now, the Mjolnir in a few months, but is balanced only. The Bryston is $1300 the Mjolnir, $750.

Really want to hear all the new Schiit stuf. Also...the Desktop O2 might be a good option. Many have reported great sound for the LCD 2 from the portable version.

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #4,833 of 11,521

Quote:
@ mogwai

Thanks for the tip but I think I will go with a safe choice, since the idea is really to slow down on the headfi purchases, is there anything considered as the go-to amp in my price range for the LCD-3?

Mar 30, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #4,835 of 11,521

Quote:

Ahhhh there it is again with the LCD-3! I don't experience anything like that with the 2 R. 2s if I listen at a normal volume. I think it will vary between people but it comes up a lot on here.

I don´t experience anything like that either with my LCD-2 rev1, but the LCD-3 ear cups are like suction cups and they feel really uncomfortable on my ears and my ears feel this "unhealthy" pressure after listening them. I don´t experience this with any other of my headphones. But then again I have a veiled pair and after three weeks Audeze finally answered me and I can sent them back to be fixed.

Was there an option for different kind of ear cups for the LCD-3 that lets ear through? I would definitely like ear cups like the LCD-2 more (unless of course it affects the sound negatively).

Mar 30, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #4,836 of 11,521
I don´t experience anything like that either with my LCD-2 rev1, but the LCD-3 ear cups are like suction cups and they feel really uncomfortable on my ears and my ears feel this "unhealthy" pressure after listening them.

I heard someone tell me something very similar to this and he had ringing issues from them after several weeks. It will indeed vary between persons and what they listen to so I don't believe for a second that everyone will have issues but I've heard of it enough to be concerned for myself.

The LCD-2 R.2 is hands down the greatest purchase I ever made; for my first high-end rig, I really scored a homerun. I never believed a headphone would bring me so much joy but it truly does. All worth the $4000+ for sure. I really love the Audeze sound and will look at them and their line for my future headphones. I am very interested to see how/if these ear issues develop as the year rolls on.

Mar 30, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #4,837 of 11,521

Quote:
Hey,

I've been out of the LCD-3 game for a while, I'm downgrading my current Stax setup to something a bit more reasonnable, what are the current top player in the +/- 1000$ amp category, I'm looking for an amp only since I already have a DAC (PS Audio perfectwave), is the burson still an option?

Cheers

I tried the LCD-3 with the Burson and was as I almost am with this amp disappointed with how it sounded. Politely it was mellow. Truthfully it was boring and dead with the LCD-3.
I have not tried a O2, but I bet it will sound better than this amp.   

Mar 31, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #4,838 of 11,521
To me, the Burson is never an option, for any of my headphones.

Mar 31, 2012 at 9:16 AM Post #4,839 of 11,521
Opinions on the battery-operated RWA amps are decidedly mixed for desktop use with the LCD's, including the Audeze Edition. But if you need to leave the grid it's probably the best choice.

Mar 31, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #4,840 of 11,521

Quote:
Hey,

I've been out of the LCD-3 game for a while, I'm downgrading my current Stax setup to something a bit more reasonnable, what are the current top player in the +/- 1000$ amp category, I'm looking for an amp only since I already have a DAC (PS Audio perfectwave), is the burson still an option?

Cheers

Your selling your STAX 009s & WES??

Mar 31, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #4,843 of 11,521
I think that Audeze may finally be hitting their stride, time for them to release a new headphone for us to beta test
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back