New Audeze LCD3
Mar 23, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #4,684 of 11,521
Okay, graphs of my LCD-3 prior to and post shipping just for interest. Please note that the returned from RMA graphs are for a set of new drivers as I confirmed with Audez'e replaced the drivers in my unit.

Original (non-veiled) pair

RMA'd pair

I do find it quite interesting that my returned unit has a treble peak just after the 10khz mark that almost reaches the level of the "flat" lows-midrange form 20hz to 2khz. Anyway, maybe some people here who are better than me at understanding graphs can comment.

Mar 23, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #4,685 of 11,521
Btw, was just poking around the Audez'e website to check for news on their reality-1 speakers when i saw that the LCD-3s are back in stock sotime to get them for anyone who was holding out as i'm sure that these would be from their new "fixed" batch.
http://audeze.com/audeze-lcd-3

Mar 23, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #4,686 of 11,521

Quote:

I had sent an email asking the same question:

You must pay shipping after 30 days. It's a fact, Jack.  
basshead.gif

Apparently it is not a fact for LCD3 with a faulty driver. I don't know about the cases of sending the LCD3 for check up, but I'm pretty sure that in the case of driver failure, the RMA is free and audeze  covers the postage. I live in Hong Kong, and when I sent my LCD3 back to them, it was well passed 60 days. 

Mar 23, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #4,687 of 11,521

Quote:
Apparently it is not a fact for LCD3 with a faulty driver. I don't know about the cases of sending the LCD3 for check up, but I'm pretty sure that in the case of driver failure, the RMA is free and audeze  covers the postage. I live in Hong Kong, and when I sent my LCD3 back to them, it was well passed 60 days. 

Yup, I got my LCD-3s on the 31st of December last year (Best New Years Present) and only sent them for RMA about 3 weeks ago (so about 2.5 months after I bought them). Audez'e were absolutely nice and polite, saying that it was fine to just send them in for a routine check to see if they are performing up to spec. They paid for shipping both ways and replaced my rusty screws with a set of new ones as well as providing me with a full set of extra screws all for no charge. I have to say that I am extremely satisfied with their level of after sales support and service and find it worthy of a $2000 flagship product.

Mar 23, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #4,688 of 11,521
That's great news. But there were problems within the initial batch of LCD-3s and Audeze knew it. These weren't just random. I'm not sure that will apply after the sun sets on this issue. It wasn't worded so but it'd be nice and cool.

korzena, maybe placing an order isn't too out of the question.

Mar 23, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #4,689 of 11,521
Just received my pair from the newly released batch. I am still not impressed but I need more time to really be certain. I am sure they will grow on me.

Mar 23, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #4,690 of 11,521

Quote:
Just received my pair from the newly released batch. I am still not impressed but I need more time to really be certain. I am sure they will grow on me.

All the best! hopefully you'll like them, if not you can probably just ship them off to one of the other potential buyers at a small discount.

Mar 23, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #4,691 of 11,521

Quote:
That's great news. But there were problems within the initial batch of LCD-3s and Audeze knew it. These weren't just random. I'm not sure that will apply after the sun sets on this issue. It wasn't worded so but it'd be nice and cool.

korzena, maybe placing an order isn't too out of the question.

How do you know that for certain? There are many of us who got them on their release date WITHOUT any issue. We don't have the % affected, but all we do have is Audeze's comments that a "small percentage were affected". We can't know for certain what the % was. Reading over this entire thread recently (yes I did) it appears that the issues began to pop up in January (about 6-7 weeks after they were released). Seems like the " failure and veil issue" rate increased with the subsequent batches (after the initial run). But once there appeared to be an issue (around end of January), Audeze (to their credit) stopped shipping product and began to rectify the situation.

So far, its looking like they have.

Mar 23, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #4,692 of 11,521

Quote:

Interesting, I'v never been a fan of that philosophy.  Sad to hear that.

Mar 23, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #4,693 of 11,521

Quote:

The "Audeze sound" took a few weeks to grow on me too. But since then (September 2010), they have constantly had the majority of my head time (LCD-2 r.1, LCD-2 r.2 and LCD-3). FWIW, I have never had any quality issues with any of the three pairs of Audeze headphones that I've owned.

At least with me, the stuff that "grows on me", really tends to resonate and last with me.

Mar 23, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #4,694 of 11,521

Quote:

Whats wrong with them? Maybe try rolling tubes on your BA? It's possible you may just not like their sound.

Mar 23, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #4,695 of 11,521
Interesting, I'v never been a fan of that philosophy. Sad to hear that.

Good cans tend to not impress me at first. It is the bad ones that leave the quick impression.:p

This pair does have nicer sounding mids then my last 2. All 3 have been consistant on the upper mid /high freq like on the snare or cymbals and such to be just a slight step down in frequency compared with my lcd2r2. I guess this is normal since all 3 seem to have this. I can get used to this if I stop going between the 2. The mids on this pair in the vocal area arent stepped down. in freq. like my other 2. The mids seem to be clearer than the other 2 while still keeping the richer mids like that of the lcdr1.

Whats wrong with them? Maybe try rolling tubes on your BA? It's possible you may just not like their sound.

I like there sound. It is wither it is better all around than my lcdr2. The lcd2r2 I guess have kinda spoiled me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back