New Audeze LCD3
Mar 23, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #4,666 of 11,521
Quote:

Thanks! I would really like to try them if I only had a chance. But in my country it is much much more difficult to do. 
I would really love to buy them if I like them as much as you do and many other people praising them here and if I wouldn't have other big doubts...(below)

Please, don't tell me one has to pay for the shipping oneself if the driver dies! Has anybody said they had great customer service?

I live in Europe and thinking about purchasing LCDs scares me off more and more as I am reading this thread. I am considering holding on with my decision and see how things develop first.
I think we should expect more from Audeze company especially at such high prices of their products. It is up to us, customers, and our expectations, if the manufacturer tries better with quality control, customer service (shipping should be covered by warranty!) and product build. If they want our money (quite a big money!), they should give us big satisfaction in return and nothing less than that should be accepted by us.

Zgadzam sie, korzena. 

I've been saying the same thing. I'm interested in their product to the point where I'll probably get one myself, but at that price range I expect premium everything, and they've just failed to demonstrate that level of value in general beyond the sound quality aspect of their headphones (which was previously dubious due to their QC problems). Who considers $2000 is a drop in the bucket?
I know we're paying an extra $1000 mainly thanks to the sound quality improvement, which is significant, however it doesn't change the fact that they're making more than enough profit on LCD-3's to provide their premium customers with free shipping in RMA cases.
Oh, and my friend is still waiting on a response from them concerning his faulty LCD-2 cable. Two months and waiting...

Mar 23, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #4,667 of 11,521

Quote:
Oh well, if anyone is still interested in my LCD3 vs. new HD800 ramblings, the darn HD800s just sound great now that I've listened to them for a few hours, even with difficult CDs. They are so much better than the ones I had 2 years ago it's not funny.
These are not your father's HD800s.
There is no fatigue, no over-the-top highs, just nice music, texture, bass, staging, and the whole nine yards. I was in the Audeze camp, but I just have to tell it like it is.
The Audezes are still fine, but I guess I'm on Team Sennheiser now.
So the 800s are my choice over the LCD3s, and I'm a little sad to say so; I feel like I'm siding with Goliath over David...

I am with you. I love my HD800 out of my WA5-LE and DS. They are my first choice for open cans and top 3 together with my HE-6 and W3000ANV. Will see when the SR-009 arrive.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Mar 23, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #4,668 of 11,521
Zgadzam sie, korzena. 

I've been saying the same thing. I'm interested in their product to the point where I'll probably get one myself, but at that price range I expect premium everything, and they've just failed to demonstrate that level of value in general beyond the sound quality aspect of their headphones (which was previously dubious due to their QC problems). Who considers $2000 is a drop in the bucket?
I know we're paying an extra $1000 mainly thanks to the sound quality improvement, which is significant, however it doesn't change the fact that they're making more than enough profit on LCD-3's to provide their premium customers with free shipping in RMA cases.
Oh, and my friend is still waiting on a response from them concerning his faulty LCD-2 cable. Two months and waiting...

To all who are worried about Audez'e customer support, I can assure you that after sales service in my case has been top notch. They replied to all my messages within 1-2 days and covered the shipping (from Singapore) for my RMA'd unit plus even replaced the rusty screws (very humid in Singapore) and gave me a full set of spare screws.

Mar 23, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #4,669 of 11,521
Quote:
To all who are worried about Audez'e customer support, I can assure you that after sales service in my case has been top notch. They replied to all my messages within 1-2 days and covered the shipping (from Singapore) for my RMA'd unit plus even replaced the rusty screws (very humid in Singapore) and gave me a full set of spare screws.

That's what I like to hear. If only this result was more consistent.

Mar 23, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #4,671 of 11,521
I feel that my LCD3 sounded wonderful but with all this talk, I'm beginning to wonder if it's what it meant to be.....

Mar 23, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #4,672 of 11,521
My RMA'd new-transducer LCD3s have a flat extended treble with sweet highs. They are crisper than than the LCD2.2s; I hesitate to say brighter, as they just seem to have no strange peaks or valleys, but I'd never characterize them as warm. 
OK, my gut reaction is that the LCD3s are brighter than previous Audezes.
They are what I would call revealing, and if a recording is tipped up, I hear it. They do not have any ringing or artificial sound anymore.

At this point I like the HD800s better because I listen to popular music on older CD (and new music on CDs that can be bright) and, believe it or not, I find the new HD800s (serial 153XX) to be the warmer, friendlier, never fatiguing phone now.
The LCD3s are bit more liquid and have a more sonorous bass, which is a nice plus for them, but I would never call the new HD800s dry in the least, just straightforward and natural, along with a kind of "just-there-when-the-music-has-it" deep bass
that is not missing-in-action at all. The HD800 bass is quite evident and well integrated and transparent.

I've made some spot tests with these phones right out of my Luxman 507 integrated amp's headphone jack (vs. the Pinnacle), and I get the same relative impressions,
although the Pinnacle has far superior sound quality in every way.

Mar 23, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #4,673 of 11,521

Quote:
I feel that my LCD3 sounded wonderful but with all this talk, I'm beginning to wonder if it's what it meant to be.....

FWIW I'm in the same position more or less. I find my LCD-3 to sound enjoyable, but it's not what I'd consider a substantial performance hike from the LCD-2 rev. 1. In fact, I still prefer my LCD-2 rev. 1 overall.

At first I hesitated going the RMA route, but I couldn't stop myself from wondering just how good the LCD-3 could---or is "supposed" to---sound. Hearing the descriptions of the radical changes from pre to post-RMA, while smacking of hype just a bit, was still enough to finally convince me to send them back to Audez'e for inspection.

I have my RMA number now, and I'll be mailing mine out at the start of next week.

Mar 23, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #4,674 of 11,521
Audez'e has described the problem to me as resulting from manufacturing inconsistency in the first batch of drivers -- meaning some were fine and some were faulty. If your early LCD-3s sound great and match the recent descriptions seen here, then they likely fall into the "fine" camp and you should be good to go. But if you have any question whatsoever about your drivers or the sound quality of your LCD-3 -- or if you're like me and would be forever wondering, to an extent that impacts your listening experience -- then send 'em in for the newest drivers. There's nothing to lose but a week or two without your headphones.

Mar 23, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #4,675 of 11,521

Now's the time to blackmail them for lifetime free shipping the next time your driver dies. Don't miss your chance! 
regular_smile%20.gif

Please, don't tell me one has to pay for the shipping oneself if the driver dies! Has anybody said they had great customer service?

I live in Europe and thinking about purchasing LCDs scares me off more and more as I am reading this thread. I am considering holding on with my decision and see how things develop first.
I think we should expect more from Audeze company especially at such high prices of their products. It is up to us, customers, and our expectations, if the manufacturer tries better with quality control, customer service (shipping should be covered by warranty!) and product build. If they want our money (quite a big money!), they should give us big satisfaction in return and nothing less than that should be accepted by us.

I had sent an email asking the same question:

Devericawolf, Feb 10 14:59 (PST): Deverica Wolf sent a message using the contact form at 
http://audeze.com/contact.

Hi. I had two questions:
Do you cover shipping if the LCD-2 must be repaired?
Is Woo Audio an authorized dealer for warranty coverage?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Audez'e Support, Feb 14 10:33 (PST):
Hello Deverica,
All of our headphones now have a three year warranty. Woo Audio is an authorized reseller and can handle warranty coverage. If the headphones are outside of the initial 30 day purchase period, then we cover shipping one way.
Thank you very much,
Audez'e Support

You must pay shipping after 30 days. It's a fact, Jack.  
basshead.gif

Mar 23, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #4,676 of 11,521
Quote:

I had sent an email asking the same question:

You must pay shipping after 30 days. It's a fact, Jack.  
basshead.gif

Thank you for the information! That's what we were talking about. 
$1000-$2000 headphones and you have to pay for the shipping yourself if your headphones break. What a wonderful customer service!

Additionally, out of curiosity I've checked the estimated shipping cost in case of purchasing their headphones and shipping them to Europe where I live. It is $351.53 !!!
I don't know if I should laugh or cry. (For comparison I paid $90 for quite a big tube DAC to be shipped from USA to Europe a few months ago).
Is Audeze trying to profit from shipping, too?

This is a bit too much for me and it is becoming ridiculous. As much as I may like the sound of LCD headphones, as much I am becoming disgusted by the practices of this company. 

Guys, please don't allow them to treat you, their customers, like that. You've paid a lot of money for your headphones.
I think people should start questioning their practices, especially the shipping cost under warranty and foreign customers should additionally ask for the reason of such high shipping costs.

Mar 23, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #4,677 of 11,521
I bought a 3-year SquareTrade warranty for $100 for my LCD-2. My S&H is covered for the life of the Audeze warranty if something should happen. Sadly, that service would not be available in Poland.

$351 is a lot of money, and how much to ship it back to them? Though the veil issue appears to be getting fixed, it seems a risky move until we're sure of driver issues completely getting under control. Of course, a driver could always still die but it'd more on the rear side.

I'll assume all shipping, up and back, would be cheaper for the German companies in Europe like Sennheiser and beyerdynamic, right?

Mar 23, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #4,678 of 11,521

Quote:
My RMA'd new-transducer LCD3s have a flat extended treble with sweet highs. They are crisper than than the LCD2.2s; I hesitate to say brighter, as they just seem to have no strange peaks or valleys, but I'd never characterize them as warm. 
OK, my gut reaction is that the LCD3s are brighter than previous Audezes.
They are what I would call revealing, and if a recording is tipped up, I hear it. They do not have any ringing or artificial sound anymore.

At this point I like the HD800s better because I listen to popular music on older CD (and new music on CDs that can be bright) and, believe it or not, I find the new HD800s (serial 153XX) to be the warmer, friendlier, never fatiguing phone now.
The LCD3s are bit more liquid and have a more sonorous bass, which is a nice plus for them, but I would never call the new HD800s dry in the least, just straightforward and natural, along with a kind of "just-there-when-the-music-has-it" deep bass
that is not missing-in-action at all. The HD800 bass is quite evident and well integrated and transparent.

I've made some spot tests with these phones right out of my Luxman 507 integrated amp's headphone jack (vs. the Pinnacle), and I get the same relative impressions,
although the Pinnacle has far superior sound quality in every way.

I got a new pair of HD800 last week and my SN is lower then yours.
Mine is 13xxx and yours is 15xxx

Did Senn send me a used pair of 800's or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back