New Audeze LCD3
Feb 3, 2012 at 4:11 AM Post #3,466 of 11,521

All good points [not shown in the quote below] but to clarify I'm not interested in objectifying anything at all, though it might have seemed that way from my comments (and despite my vocation). My interest, as I have stated before in this thread, concerns the meaningfulness of our agreements and disagreements. Our terms are only as precise as our equipment permits them to be.

If, as the gossip here increasingly suggests, there is quite a lot of variability even in the same model of headphone then the value of our agreements, disagreements and equipment reviews is moot. This is quite apart from other differences between us as listeners.

And yeah, exactly, the ear test!

Quote:
What I want to ask Tyll is, regardless of measurements, now that you have 4-5 datapoints on the same model.  Do they all sound the same?  Are some veiled?  None veiled?  All veiled?  How'z about that ear test??

Feb 3, 2012 at 5:56 AM Post #3,467 of 11,521
Quote:
What I want to ask Tyll is, regardless of measurements, now that you have 4-5 datapoints on the same model.  Do they all sound the same?  Are some veiled?  None veiled?  All veiled?  How'z about that ear test??

Quote:
And yeah, exactly, the ear test!

Yes how do the variant models sound to Tyl; I posed that question shortly after his post yesterday morning, and am looking forward to a reply. Measurements are great but they're not everything. I want to know how the differences sound to him, to see if we can get some subjective agreement with the other differing impressions of these headphones that can then be married to these measurements.

Feb 5, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #3,468 of 11,521
let's do that. maybe you could propose some days which you're free and we'll work from there. Do I need to bring a laptop or will an external harddrive be good enough? my DAC is usb powered.

Quote:
Since you are in HK, let's compare our LCD3s some time next week, on my Liquid Fire with vintage Telefunken CCa tubes. If possible, bring some CDs with you since I only have the Rega Saturn player at office and I am not sure you listen to the stuff I usually listen to. If you want to use your laptop or iStuff you will have to bring your own DAC (and digital cable / power cable if it is not IEC).

Feb 5, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #3,469 of 11,521
I can do any day except Friday. I don't have a laptop in office (I use a CD player) so you may have to bring your own. I also assume your DAC has RCA out as the Liquid Fire is an SE amp.
Quote:
let's do that. maybe you could propose some days which you're free and we'll work from there. Do I need to bring a laptop or will an external harddrive be good enough? my DAC is usb powered.

Feb 6, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #3,470 of 11,521

alright let me try and see if I can make it this week. yeah it's a wavelength proton. I'm kinda swamped atm though. left the office at 11 so we might possibly have to do it next week.
Quote:
I can do any day except Friday. I don't have a laptop in office (I use a CD player) so you may have to bring your own. I also assume your DAC has RCA out as the Liquid Fire is an SE amp.

Feb 6, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #3,471 of 11,521

Quote:
alright let me try and see if I can make it this week. yeah it's a wavelength proton. I'm kinda swamped atm though. left the office at 11 so we might possibly have to do it next week.

Hey guys, there's a handy dandy feature of the forum that allows you send personal messages with content of this nature, without actually publicly posting your personal messages.  Check it out, it's awesome.  Furthermore there's email as well.  I know the telephone is highly overrated, but, hey, I'm old school.  Not that your arrangements aren't utterly riveting for all of us.  Personally I can't wait for the next exciting message, but I'm guessing there might be some who just aren't that interested.

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #3,473 of 11,521
I sent my LCD-3 back to Audez'e, due to my earpads compressing unevenly. They were delivered and signed for on January 12 and they have still not been returned as of February 6. After a few unanswered inquiry emails, questioning the status of my RMA, I finally gave Audez'e a call. I was told they would look into it and that Steve would give me a call back later. I still have not received a call... an email... nothing. How long does it take to swap some adhesive earpads?? I'm quite disappointed...

Feb 7, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #3,474 of 11,521

Quote:
Are you talking about BM's?  I just had one of those. 

Actually you're really close!  Something to do with.... more than I needed to know.  
tongue.gif

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #3,475 of 11,521

Quote:
I sent my LCD-3 back to Audez'e, due to my earpads compressing unevenly. They were delivered and signed for on January 12 and they have still not been returned as of February 6. After a few unanswered inquiry emails, questioning the status of my RMA, I finally gave Audez'e a call. I was told they would look into it and that Steve would give me a call back later. I still have not received a call... an email... nothing. How long does it take to swap some adhesive earpads?? I'm quite disappointed...

I believe the LCD3 is still out of stock now. If they are going to replace you a new one, I guess we have to wait a bit longer. Hopefully the new batch is a some what "improved" batch, not that I think there is anything to be improved on expect QC. If I were you, I'd have just asked them to send a pair of new pads and changed it myself, instead of parting with the LCD3.

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #3,476 of 11,521
I bet you took all of 30 minutes to type that out so eloquently. Can't wait for the next smartass remark.

Quote:
Hey guys, there's a handy dandy feature of the forum that allows you send personal messages with content of this nature, without actually publicly posting your personal messages.  Check it out, it's awesome.  Furthermore there's email as well.  I know the telephone is highly overrated, but, hey, I'm old school.  Not that your arrangements aren't utterly riveting for all of us.  Personally I can't wait for the next exciting message, but I'm guessing there might be some who just aren't that interested.

Feb 7, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #3,477 of 11,521

Quote:

I was going to suggest that they get a room...

Feb 7, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #3,478 of 11,521
For the people with the lcd3, I am wondering if on your pair once seated on your head with the music playing if you push in on them slightly like when you are trying to see if there is a good seal, does the music cut out or go staticy? I am just trying to figure out if this is normal.

Feb 7, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #3,479 of 11,521
I too have sent my hp's back to Audeze back on Jan 5 2012, and got a reply on Jan 19 stating they would be sending it out on Jan 20.  Since last week i have been inquiring about a tracking # and no reply.  I have left phone messages for both sankar and alex, as well as customer support tickets..... till this day still no reply, not even 1!  Very disappointed!  1K on headphones and customer service like ****!

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #3,480 of 11,521

Noticed something simlilar on my lcd2 r2. Not sure what it is but it happens when I move them around on my head.
Quote:
For the people with the lcd3, I am wondering if on your pair once seated on your head with the music playing if you push in on them slightly like when you are trying to see if there is a good seal, does the music cut out or go staticy? I am just trying to figure out if this is normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back