New Audeze LCD3
Nov 17, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #1,501 of 11,521
Music man, I have no idea why you upset me. I didn't say anything about the Marantz either - I have the Esoteric K-01. Visualguy has a Marantz.

Nov 17, 2011 at 3:07 AM Post #1,503 of 11,521
I honestly think that for headphones up to the level of SR009 and LCD3, the source easily becomes the bottleneck. The CLAS which I found already very satisfying for my LCD2 Rev 1, is no longer usable for the LCD3 IMO. Well it still works and sounds but it just simply cannot bring out the virtues of the LCD3 up to 50% of its potential, after I have accessed the LCD3 on my home rig with Esoteric K-01 and Leben CS300XS and its 1950's Amperex and Mullard NOS tubes.

Nov 17, 2011 at 3:15 AM Post #1,504 of 11,521
FR chart does not equal to the SQ IMO. Different headphone position each time can cause quite a bit of variations on the test result also. 

Nov 17, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #1,505 of 11,521
Agree. Transient response is also very important. Frequency response is just part of the overall picture although a significant part.  

Nov 17, 2011 at 9:07 AM Post #1,506 of 11,521
Received my LCD-3 today. Simply beautiful.

Nov 17, 2011 at 9:12 AM Post #1,507 of 11,521
Listening to the LCD3 on my Esoteric K01 and Leben now. Have been burning in the LCD3 on my AV receiver using the STS burn in CD in wav format stored in USB finger drive. The incoherence between the mid range and treble I previously mentioned seems to have gone. Creamy yet more transparent. I will bring home my LCD2 this weekend to do some serious comparison but so far to my memory, the difference is more than significant. Really need to compare them side by side though, since I haven't heard my Rev 1 on my home rig for a while. I really like its sound signature. A much improved Rev 1 in summary.

Nov 17, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #1,508 of 11,521
Sorry for hijacking the thread, I have a creamy question for you googleli:
For most of your listening sessions you use K-01 as DAC or CD player ?

Thanks.

PS. Congrats on LCD3 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Listening to the LCD3 on my Esoteric K01<..>

Nov 17, 2011 at 9:36 AM Post #1,509 of 11,521
The improvement of LCD3 against LCD2 rev 1 is IMO revolutionary. And to me the rev2 is over all on par with rev1 with slight improvment on treble prsentation and a different tonality.

Nov 17, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #1,510 of 11,521
LCD-3's paired with my Liquid Fire (Siemens CCa early 60's nos matched quad set), two things are for sure the LCD-3's are very well balanced between left and right cups and have a lot of heart and soul. Very impressive so far.

Using 2Ch music videos and high imp jack on my Liquid Fire,  I set the volume pot at 8 O'clock = about 80dB.

btw, the cream part comes from the video part of these music videos.
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 17, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #1,511 of 11,521
The very creamy creaminess found in the cream this time is just more creamy than the creaminess last time. Last time it was like just drinking a foam of milk which is very creamy and mouth satisfying but most of the things buried with the milk, this time it is like drinking very smooth coffee with a creamy layer on the top which blends into the flavour of the coffee so when you taste the cream, it is more than just milk making the cream, but a kind of coffee cream which has both the texture of the creamy cream and also the flavour smooth coffee within, if you know what I mean.

I'm a coffee drinker and I really like your description :D can easily be pass as a coffee ad :wink:

Hmm... How's this for an advert,

Gorgeous lady in satin dress caresses velvet clad couch and moves to settle on a couch... Flash = "Sensual...."
Camera focus on satin dress.... "Smooth.... Delicate...."
Lady picks up a cup of foamy coffee with camera focus on coffee... "Creamy..."
Sips coffee.... "Rich.... full bodied...."
Showing only neck down, Lady leans back, camera zooms to focus on eyes with tears rolling down.... "Passionate.... Emotional....."
Camera moves to display Audeze LCD3 grill then zooms out to show lady lying on the couch listening to LCD3.

"lndulge Your Senses.... The Audeze LCD3"

:D :D :D

Oh man all these listening impressions are intoxicating me, really want audition it.

Nov 17, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #1,512 of 11,521
      Quote:
I'm a coffee drinker and I really like your description
biggrin.gif
can easily be pass as a coffee ad
wink.gif

Hmm... How's this for an advert,
Gorgeous lady in satin dress caresses velvet clad couch and moves to settle on a couch... Flash = "Sensual...."
Camera focus on satin dress.... "Smooth.... Delicate...."
Lady picks up a cup of foamy coffee with camera focus on coffee... "Creamy..."
Sips coffee.... "Rich.... full bodied...."
Showing only neck down, Lady leans back, camera zooms to focus on eyes with tears rolling down.... "Passionate.... Emotional....."
Camera moves to display Audeze LCD3 grill then zooms out to show lady lying on the couch listening to LCD3.
"lndulge Your Senses.... The Audeze LCD3"
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Oh man all these listening impressions are intoxicating me, really want audition it.

Best visual description I've ever heard...
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Nov 17, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #1,513 of 11,521
The improvement of LCD3 against LCD2 rev 1 is IMO revolutionary. And to me the rev2 is over all on par with rev1 with slight improvment treble prsentation and a different tonality.

Does that bring them up to level of the JH16s?

Sorry, I view my LCD-2s complete with ALO "Ghost of Jacob Marley" headphone cable as my most ill-advised audio purchase of the last three years. The recessed mids, the lack of soundstage, the neck vertebrae crushing weight, the driver reliability problems... the LCD-2s strictly serve as my back-up headphones in the event that my JH-16s, which to me sound a lot better than the LCD-2s, ever need to be repaired.

Nov 17, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #1,515 of 11,521
Quote:
Does that bring them up to level of the JH16s?
Sorry, I view my LCD-2s complete with ALO "Ghost of Jacob Marley" headphone cable as my most ill-advised audio purchase of the last three years. The recessed mids, the lack of soundstage, the neck vertebrae crushing weight, the driver reliability problems... the LCD-2s strictly serve as my back-up headphones in the event that my JH-16s, which to me sound a lot better than the LCD-2s, ever need to be repaired.

LCD-2 and recessed mids is an oxymoron.  Something is definitely wrong with yours.  I'd send it in and have them take a look at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back