New Audeze LCD3
Oct 19, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #586 of 11,521
Not to mention they'd have to deal with separate type of orders, ones including cables but no case, one without cables but with travel case, one without cables with wood case, one with wood case and cables, one with travel case and cables, one without case and cables,

Oct 19, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #587 of 11,521
The LCD-3 is what it is. If people like it, can afford it, and want to buy it, then they'll probably buy it. Simple. 

I'm definitely interested in hearing the LCD-3 i.e. what a $1k improvement sounds like in relation to the rev2, which is a headphone I really enjoy listening with.

Oct 19, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #588 of 11,521
That would be nice, but I don't think it's going to happen.  I think the demand for used LCD-2's is still high and they are still worth the same amount because the LCD-3 is so much more expensive.  Someone buying a used LCD-2 isn't really in the market for an LCD-3. 

I hate to disagree. But many people like a bargain. Also, if, say, a dozen LCD2 headphones should all of a sudden hit the sales forum I don't think the demand would be that great that prices would hold. I've already seen a price of $650 for a LCD2 v1. A glut of LCD2s would likely soften prices.

Oct 19, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #589 of 11,521
I have one of the very first LCD-2's and it sounds better to me than other LCD-2 even rev 1 that I have heard. There is no reason why I would want to sell it and buy the rev 2 or LCD-3. 

Oct 19, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #590 of 11,521
I have two LCD-2. One sounds to me, much better. The other one is good sounding but the other one is more refined and better at presenting spatial information. 

Oct 19, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #591 of 11,521
Honestly, I don't think we'll ever see a price drop. As a consequence, I don't think I'll ever buy the lcd-3
frown.gif
. I put a sad face becase I'd really love to buy them for 1200-1300 dollars. Am a student though, so I leave the lcd-3 to those who work. Shame I can't bring my speaker system in a student dorm
frown.gif

Oct 19, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #593 of 11,521
I also sort of see it as this: 

People that will purchase the LCD-3 will most likely also have the proper system to let them truly shine.  I am sure Audeze thought about this. 

Oct 19, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #596 of 11,521

Quote:
I have two LCD-2. One sounds to me, much better. The other one is good sounding but the other one is more refined and better at presenting spatial information. 

Similar thing here. I recently had three in my possession. One was clearly better than the other two. One of them was kind of bad.

Oct 19, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #598 of 11,521
Heh...I have two LCD-2s...one first run production and a rev 2. I find they sound different.

Actually, kinda reminds me of back when I bought a Buffet R13 clarinet while I was still playing.  Our private instructor got three of us together who were all looking at buying a new clarinet, and found a vendor that would send 4 units to us so we could try different ones and send one back.  We each settled on one that suited our tastes and where we liked the sound.  Now the tolerances on the LCD-2 are probably way different than the individual tonal differences in wooden clarinets, but who knows?  I might not be able to hear the difference in two headphones of the same make, but then some people couldn't hear the difference between our different clarinets either.

Oct 19, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #599 of 11,521
     Quote:
Heh...I have two LCD-2s...one first run production and a rev 2. I find they sound different.

Actually, kinda reminds me of back when I bought a Buffet R13 clarinet while I was still playing.  Our private instructor got three of us together who were all looking at buying a new clarinet, and found a vendor that would send 4 units to us so we could try different ones and send one back.  We each settled on one that suited our tastes and where we liked the sound.  Now the tolerances on the LCD-2 are probably way different than the individual tonal differences in wooden clarinets, but who knows?  I might not be able to hear the difference in two headphones of the same make, but then some people couldn't hear the difference between our different clarinets either.

In relation to the rev2 I'm now wearing and listening with, the rev1 I had had a much more closed-in narrow soundstage and a seemingly apparent lack of treble extension; the rev2 sound more open and extend upwards more than enough. Every time I listen to music with the rev2 it's like there's a rock 'n' roll party going on in my head, provided I'm listening to rock music, the good stuff of course. 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back