New Audeze LCD3
Oct 16, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #365 of 11,521
The LCD-2 r1 I had had recessed upper mids, the not really recessed at all.  There can also be significant production variation between individual headphones.  

I don't think LCD-3 will change [level of upper mids from LCD-2 r2] as it seems to be the Audeze house sound, and is not lacking at all [in the case of the r2.]

Oct 16, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #367 of 11,521
This hobby is becoming like high end pc building. Build a rig now, 6-8 months later, something new is out. My wallet is hurting already.

Oct 16, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #369 of 11,521
I'm just kind of curious, if i were to buy an lcd-2 or an lcd-3 and found the graphs to show that the right and left drivers were different would audeze do anything for me as a customer?
Also i am kind of curious if someone had an lcd-2 and an lcd-3, could they swap the drivers out of the lcd-3 and put them in the lcd-2 and then sell the lcd-3's with the lcd-2 driver and rip someone off? Just curious because i wouldn't want that to happen to me.

Oct 16, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #370 of 11,521

Quote:
I don't think the LCD-2 had recessed upper mids, they just don't have forward upper mids like most headphones.

Bingo! Give the man a cigar.
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #371 of 11,521
That's quite a bit of work to do for someone buying 1 and 2 thousand dollar headphones...Sure they make a grand, but it seems like a stretch to me.

Quote:
I'm just kind of curious, if i were to buy an lcd-2 or an lcd-3 and found the graphs to show that the right and left drivers were different would audeze do anything for me as a customer?
Also i am kind of curious if someone had an lcd-2 and an lcd-3, could they swap the drivers out of the lcd-3 and put them in the lcd-2 and then sell the lcd-3's with the lcd-2 driver and rip someone off? Just curious because i wouldn't want that to happen to me.

Oct 16, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #372 of 11,521

Quote:

I doubt they would bother - either driver probably costs a matter of small change to make - there's not much point for them to fraud customers.  Either way every second person an head-fi seems to have an LCD-2 so you can always compare.

Oct 16, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #373 of 11,521
Quote:

You could always ask for a replacement LCD-3 driver if Audez'e plans on going into production with them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back