New Audeze LCD3
Mar 16, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #10,216 of 11,521
Im revising my post- too long...

While on the subject of Audeze's customer support, I have to say Im not too pleased with them at the moment. 

After reading though some of the earlier posts here about fazor and thin dust covers for better sound, I wanted to know more.  I knew mine were not fazor'd, checked the dust covers and found thick foam protecting the drivers.  So thick, they were squishy.

After a few back and forth messages with Audeze, I never received an answer about their current LCD3 pads and the material and thickness covering the drivers.  Didn't want to order new pads if they were the same as what I had currently. 

I got tired of waiting on an answer so I went ahead and ordered new LCD3 pads.
When received, I compared new and old and the new pads have thin fabric for the covers.  Installed them and the sound IS better (treble not so recessed).  My original driver covers are 2-3mm thick foam.  Im happy about the better sound.
Now there is issues with the pads themselves- poor quality control.
The pads are not the same size, not same thickness when depressed (or worn) and one is more pliable than the other. If the pads cost 25.00, ok, but at 100.00 I expect better quality.  

Sent them this picture on the 11th.  Sent several messages between then and now, still no response.  

Mar 17, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #10,217 of 11,521
While I did think your mission was a bit overboard. You're right, one of those pads is clearer bigger than the other. That would really annoy me.

Edit: I've just looked at your sale feedback from others users. You clearly have made a lot of people very happy, so on a side note, I tip my hat to you for that.

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #10,218 of 11,521
I've said this so often I should just make it my sig:

Call Audeze on their support line.  My experience is that you will get much better/quicker service than by email alone.

Not defending their lack of response to your emails, just suggesting a better path forward.

Mar 17, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #10,219 of 11,521
Thank you for the comments.

Maybe Im blind... I didn't see a phone number to call or I would have.

Thanks again.

Mar 17, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #10,221 of 11,521
  Im revising my post- too long...

While on the subject of Audeze's customer support, I have to say Im not too pleased with them at the moment. 

After reading though some of the earlier posts here about fazor and thin dust covers for better sound, I wanted to know more.  I knew mine were not fazor'd, checked the dust covers and found thick foam protecting the drivers.  So thick, they were squishy.

After a few back and forth messages with Audeze, I never received an answer about their current LCD3 pads and the material and thickness covering the drivers.  Didn't want to order new pads if they were the same as what I had currently. 

I got tired of waiting on an answer so I went ahead and ordered new LCD3 pads.
Installed them and believe the sound is better (treble not so recessed) because of the thin fabric now used instead of the thick foam that was protecting the drivers previously.  Im happy about that.
Now there is issues with the pads themselves- poor quality control.
The pads are not the same size, not same thickness when depressed (or worn) and one is more pliable than the other. If the pads cost 25.00, ok, but at 100.00 I expect better quality.  

Sent them this picture on the 11th.  Sent several messages between then and now, still no response.  

I paid a hefty 2,300usd for my LCD-3. Upon opening the box, I was fully of excitement and anticipation to handle a prestigious product. I was immediately felt let down seeing the poor quality stitching on the leather. I remember when I was a kid,  I helped my aunt sew some pillows  and the quality was about the same. 

Hope you get it sorted out soon. 

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #10,222 of 11,521

I paid a hefty 2,300usd for my LCD-3. Upon opening the box, I was fully of excitement and anticipation to handle a prestigious product. I was immediately felt let down seeing the poor quality stitching on the leather. I remember when I was a kid,  I helped my aunt sew some pillows  and the quality was about the same. 

Hope you get it sorted out soon. 

Agree to your comment to some extent, but sewing fabric and leather are two different ball game.

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #10,223 of 11,521
Just wanted to say that although I have only very recently took ownership of my brand new LCD-3 headphones I am totally impressed with both the sound and build quality.

This isn't a post intended to gloat but simply remind any potential customers that Audeze are capable of producing truly stunning headphones.  Had I read the last few pages before making the purchase I don't think I would have gone ahead and I'm really pleased that I did! 
smily_headphones1.gif

I really feel for you guys that are experiencing problems and hope you get things sorted soon.  (I am also crossing my fingers that I don't encounter any similar issues!!)

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #10,224 of 11,521
I am thinking of upgrading my headphone. I never heard of any Audeze headphone. I could get either the lcd-3 and lcd-2. My source is MacBook Pro. DAC is MHDT Pagoda (neutral sounding). Headphone amp is Leben CS600 with KT90 (slightly warm). Which model better suits my system?

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #10,225 of 11,521
  I am thinking of upgrading my headphone. I never heard of any Audeze headphone. I could get either the lcd-3 and lcd-2. My source is MacBook Pro. DAC is MHDT Pagoda (neutral sounding). Headphone amp is Leben CS600 with KT90 (slightly warm). Which model better suits my system?

From those two with a warm sounding amplifier I personally would go with the LCD-3.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Mar 17, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #10,226 of 11,521
  From those two with a warm sounding amplifier I personally would go with the LCD-3.

Agree. Have heard of people combining the Leben and the LCD-3's to great success. Cheers and enjoy

Mar 18, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #10,229 of 11,521
Thanks guys. LCD-3 it is. Hopefully LCD-3 is worth the extra $1k.

Mar 18, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #10,230 of 11,521
  Just wanted to say that although I have only very recently took ownership of my brand new LCD-3 headphones I am totally impressed with both the sound and build quality.

This isn't a post intended to gloat but simply remind any potential customers that Audeze are capable of producing truly stunning headphones.  Had I read the last few pages before making the purchase I don't think I would have gone ahead and I'm really pleased that I did! 
smily_headphones1.gif

I really feel for you guys that are experiencing problems and hope you get things sorted soon.  (I am also crossing my fingers that I don't encounter any similar issues!!)

​LCD-3 Sound Quality and Build are stellar, best sounding headphones I've ever heard. And though I've had a lot of issues with driver failures, the sound quality cannot be disputed. Their are many without issues, hope you're one of those people.

Enjoy you LCD3 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back