New Audeze LCD3
Oct 17, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #9,736 of 11,521

A bit leaner then the 3C and more or less as the 3F is that has been reported. You can read Tyll’s review and measurements on Inner fidelity if you haven’t done it.

Oct 17, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #9,738 of 11,521
Low budget I think the E12 is the champ, for middle range I would probably give a good look to the ALO Audio Rx Mk3 B+ (what wonderful naming huh - $649) or the Centrance HiFi M8 ($699), or the new Centrance Hifi Mini M8 (also $699). I haven't owned those last 2 but I have heard them (the Centrance HiFi M8 & ALO Audio ones I mean) and they both sounded great with my LCD-3, though I settled on the E12 because I found the sound only marginally better on the others but the value much better with the Fiio Amp, it's now my go to portable amp for LCD-3, HE-560 & Alpha Dog headphones.

I will second the ALO Rx Mk3-B+ .  My LCD-3 and LCD-X both sound excellent with this amp. I mainly listen to the X's with the Hugo, but the ALO amp with a DX90 is my alternate portable rig and it sounds very good.

Oct 17, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #9,739 of 11,521
From the review that I read he compared the 3f to the 3c, 2f and 2c, X
I didn't get the 3c with the fazor upgrade in the bunch..
Can you send me the link, please?

It’s correct in his review he compared the 3f to the 3c, 2f and 2c, X. The sonic change from adding fazor on an LCD 3C I only seen posted by people on this forum. Do a search on this and other Audeze threads if you don’t believe me!

Oct 17, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #9,741 of 11,521
I believe you!
Hopefully next week I will be another of the guys able to describe the difference beetween lcd3f and lcd3cf !!!
Thanks

I’m looking forward on your thoughts between lcd3f and lcd3cf! My guess is it’s not going to be much of a difference on the Conductor (SS amp). Maybe some more on something like an OTL amp that benefits from higher Ohms.

Oct 27, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #9,744 of 11,521

Yup... I am looking forward to the day I can refer to mine as the lcd3fc when it gets the carbon fiber headband upgrade!

that will be SLICK.

The LCD-3 has always been my favorite Audeze  - and its actually THE headphone that's responsible for my transition from high-end audio two-channel in-room systems to high-end personal audio!!

After I got the X and XC however, I got the LCD-2 w/ Fazor - and fell in love with it. It was almost like I was hearing what so many people went NUTS OVER before with the original LCD-2! Now, don't get me wrong, I used to dig my LCD-2s (OG version) but the LCD-3 put me into another time and space when ever I was in a listening sesh - like a grand loudspeaker system...

So I've been really feelin' the new LCD-2 w/ Fazor - and though it may have become my new fave - until my LCD-3 w/ Fazor broke-in!!!!

WHOAH. Sorry: no-audiophile approved buzzwords right now for me - I'm just basking in the insane spaciousness, with both micro and macro-dynamic detail GALORE (oops, there're those approved buzzwords, LOL).

I'm finding the new LCD-3 w/ Fazor actually plays nicer with more amplifiers.
Anybody else experiencing that?

What a sonic TREAT

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #9,745 of 11,521
Nice impressions, thanks. I might check out the new LCD-2 with fazor. I sold me LCD-2.2 'cause of the missing treble energy. Is this fixed by now?

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #9,746 of 11,521
Mike I found I had to tube-roll my best-performing amp when I went from the LCD2r1 to 3F. Not surprising considering the comparative darkness of the 2r1.

OTOH the gap between my well-performing mid-level SS amp (Meier Classic) and the tube one narrowed significantly going from 2r1 to 3F. That may support the idea the 3F "plays nicer".

I've never heard the 2r2 or 3C so those comparisons are out.

that will be SLICK.

I'm finding the new LCD-3 w/ Fazor actually plays nicer with more amplifiers.
Anybody else experiencing that?

What a sonic TREAT

Oct 30, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #9,749 of 11,521
hi guys
I'm thinking about pairing my LCD3f with the RWAK120 or 240 DAP, without adding any amp, for garden/bedroom/park use. What about??

Nov 2, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #9,750 of 11,521
  hi guys
I'm thinking about pairing my LCD3f with the RWAK120 or 240 DAP, without adding any amp, for garden/bedroom/park use. What about??

AK240 DAP,but run it balanced! Use the 2.5mm balanced output w/ the LCD-3s! Greater dynamics! I played this for Alex Rosson himself,
and, at AES - Every AK240 w/ Audeze cans had Double Helix Cables utilizing the balanced output w/ em.

It's a DIFFERENT experience from the standard 3.5mm stereo output...
Just my 2 cents!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back