New Audeze LCD3
Apr 2, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #8,761 of 11,521
I have a question for you as well. Can you confirm if the discrepancies in the newest measurements of the LCD2 compared to models around a 1 to 2 years ago are the result of new fazor technology being implemented or whether you have started to tune the headphone differently?

Thank you for the information thus far on the LCD3.

Apr 2, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #8,762 of 11,521

Heya, is it possible to have an existing pair of LCD-3s sent back to be upgraded with Fazor?

If I'm not wrong, some can't be upgraded , that's what I got in my case  bought on july 2013.  Bawwwwww, I want more airy highs
frown.gif

Apr 2, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #8,763 of 11,521
Have I understood correctly that the fazor elements essentially help guide the sound towards the ear drum avoiding increased reflections within the headphones and that is why they may be brighter even though fundamentally the drivers are the same?

Apr 2, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #8,764 of 11,521
I have a question for you as well. Can you confirm if the discrepancies in the newest measurements of the LCD2 compared to models around a 1 to 2 years ago are the result of new fazor technology being implemented or whether you have started to tune the headphone differently?

Thank you for the information thus far on the LCD3.

I have wondered the same. I borrowed a pair of lcd2 r2 about a year or so ago. Then around Christmas, three months ago now, I bought a pair of new lcd2's. The sound signature was unquestionably different from the pair that I had auditioned previously. There was more treble and air. And there was also somewhat reduced visceral impact of sub bass. 

I equated the change in signature to the new softer pad, but after reading the last several pages I wonder if the implementation of fazor technology played a significant part in the change that I heard. Actually I preferred the sound of the older pair and ultimately sent the new pair back. Each to his own though. 

popcorn.gif

Apr 2, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #8,766 of 11,521
A lot of people preferred LCD-X to LCD-3 with the former's Fazor technology when it came out, despite its lower price. Now that the Fazor technology has been retrofitted to LCD-3 as well, will the playing field be levelled and LCD-3 once again take the crown?

Apr 2, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #8,769 of 11,521
I,along with a lot of others preferred the LCD-3 over the X,owned both

I'm not changing to LCD-X, this would be just silly

Apr 2, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #8,774 of 11,521
My LCD3s just sound awesome TO ME and I intend to keep these and use them until they quit. Then I will either send them back for repair (most likely) or consider the options at that time. So far these phones handle every thing I have thrown at them and just sound great with all genres presented. Not having auditioned the X, no comparison to offer but far as I am concerned these phones are just exemplary and I have no issues with Audeze at all. I guess I am too simple though... I just listen and like what I hear [immensely] and call it good. I am more concerned with the quality of some of my recorded media rather than the headphones to be real honest. The other night listening to some old ZZ Top blues rock and like hearing it for the first time with these phones. Just incredible. My main problem is lack of sleep due to inability to just turn the system off and quit listening!  

Apr 3, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #8,775 of 11,521
I sure you have documented it elsewhere but can you tell me what you prefer about the 3 over the X? I am demoing the X and would really appreciate it.

I now own both LCD-3 and LCD-X and love both but the LCD-3's way it conveys emotion in the voice is what i love the most; the emotion just flows.... the texture of the voices, the timbre - love it.

LCD-X is a different beast - i prefer it on larger ensembles and when i want that extra bass kick; lcd-3 for when i want to feel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back