New Audeze LCD3
Jan 26, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #8,581 of 11,521
For sound... LCD-3.  But it leaks like crazy so ciems are nice for when the outside doesn't want to hear it.

Jan 26, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #8,584 of 11,521
  A noobish question

top notch CIEM or LCD-3?

What would you take?

For sound... LCD-3.  But it leaks like crazy so ciems are nice for when the outside doesn't want to hear it.

+1  For sound quality and being in a building no question LCD3. For being out and about, airplanes, walking down the street, riding a bus, shopping in a mall, no question IEMs.

Feb 17, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #8,587 of 11,521
I have test the LCD 3. Is there some people finding it a little muddy ? I also tested the lcd-x and it has more clarity and contour but less viceral bass

The LCD3 might be so good that it is highlighting weaknesses in your chain in that frequency band which is muddy.  What are you driving them with?  I found it costs a lot to deliver true tight bass from dac to amp in order to get the truth of the LCD2s bass capabilities.

Feb 17, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #8,588 of 11,521
I have test the LCD 3. Is there some people finding it a little muddy ? I also tested the lcd-x and it has more clarity and contour but less viceral bass

Depends on what you're comparing them to. And like the person before me mentioned just before, what's your system?

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Feb 17, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #8,590 of 11,521

I thought the LCD-X was supposed to have more of a visceral bass response while the LCD-3 had more body to it.
confused_face_2.gif

Feb 17, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #8,591 of 11,521

I thought the LCD-X was supposed to have more of a visceral bass response while the LCD-3 had more body to it.
confused_face_2.gif

I felt that lcdx has more impact (fast) and the lcd3 get deeper. I heard that with organ, when it stops playing you can hear the deep bass causes by the air coming back to the organ's tube (couldn't hear that on lcdx)

Feb 18, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #8,594 of 11,521
  If you had to categorize the sound of each of the Audeze' headphones how would you guys describe each one ?

Which of them would be the best "all arounders" ?

Easy for the last one...LCD-X. For my comments between the LCD-3 and LCD-X, you can find them in my review of the LCD-X headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back