New Audeze LCD3
Aug 1, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #10,591 of 11,521
You're accusing Audeze of fabricating graphs now that I've provided evidence disproving your claim? Pretty sad, particularly since you provide zero evidence of your own to counter them other than "things you've seen on the Internet"

You make a lot of ridiculous claims on these boards. How about you back up this one with validated evidence since you've basically slandered Audeze.

Yes I am accusing Audeze of lies to promote sales,I blame 99% of all manufacturers be it DACs,AMPs,even cars,hairdryers,washmachines,I accuse all of lies,I dont believe anything if people that directly profit from it said it.Everybody lies about their product all the time so it seems good so it gets atention and sales,this is nothing new and nothing only Audeze does.

Innerfidelity

never believe anything until its tested by someone who doesnt profit from it or isnt direct competitor,a neutral person measurements is only truth

Aug 1, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #10,592 of 11,521
  Yes I am accusing Audeze of lies to promote sales,I blame 99% of all manufacturers be it DACs,AMPs,even cars,hairdryers,washmachines,I accuse all of lies,I dont believe anything if people that directly profit from it said it.Everybody lies about their product all the time so it seems good so it gets atention and sales,this is nothing new and nothing only Audeze does.

Innerfidelity

never believe anything until its tested by someone who doesnt profit from it or isnt direct competitor,a neutral person measurements is only truth

Way to take something out of context.  Tyll also discusses the difference in pads possibly causing the issue.  He also goes on to state in the article you pulled the graph from : "Some of the traces for early models of the LCD-3 are an average of three or four headphones" and  "Also, please remember that headphone measurements are notoriously difficult, and while I try to be very careful the data is not 100% reliable"

Unlike the graphs I supplied which were all done with new pads, we have no way to know whether the LCD3-F and other LCD3s Tyll tested had new or used pads which would have a profound impact on measurements.  This is also a single sample/single measurement - hardly proof of the conspiracy theory you callously throw around.

I've heard both Fazored and Classic LCD3s and have graphs for both that back up what I've heard.  You've apparently heard neither and have nothing but a single graph from one model.  I'm not insinuating Tyll is being disingenuous, just that you've taken a single graph out of context and have made not only a hard claim about the performance of the headphones but also accuse the manufacturer of a conspiracy to conceal lost bass.  You're going to have to do a lot better than one graph and "Tyll said".......

Aug 1, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #10,593 of 11,521
Hate to break up your party but my LCD3F definitely has less bass than my LCD3C did. Not much less, but less. And I've heard other guys say that. It could just be the variance in LCD3 overall. Every LCD3 driver sounds a little different. That's why they do so much frequency matching.

Aug 1, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #10,594 of 11,521
  Hate to break up your party but my LCD3F definitely has less bass than my LCD3C did. Not much less, but less. And I've heard other guys say that. It could just be the variance in LCD3 overall. Every LCD3 driver sounds a little different. That's why they do so much frequency matching.

Less bass where? Deep bass? Mid bass? Or has the bass changed? Less impactful bass (from our perception) may be perceived as less bass, for example.

Aug 1, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #10,595 of 11,521

Less bass where? Deep bass? Mid bass? Or has the bass changed? Less impactful bass (from our perception) may be perceived as less bass, for example.

Less sub-bass (slam). Less impactful bass is the same as less bass to me. But I still prefer the over-all FR of the F's. Again, it might also be due to driver variation and not model change. But I did shed a tear.

Aug 1, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #10,596 of 11,521
Having had the LCD-3C's, LCD-X and LCD-3F (in that order) in my system I found that the only real noticeable difference in bass was between any version of the LCD-3 and the LCD-X, and not between the LCD-3 versions. The LCD-X IMHO had the leg up in the overall bass department, although the LCD-3's never left me "lacking" in bass, the LCD-X's were just a bit better. However, the LCD-3's have a mid-range "magic" that the LCD-X's clearly lacked. Comparing the LCD-3's, the Fazor model had IMO a better higher-end and also a bit better decay and detail than the non-Fazor. 

And statements like "all companies lie" I find to be more than a bit broad (although unfortunately it is true for some organizations) and typically tied to those who see conspiracy theories around every corner (although I'm not saying this directly about whomever it was that said the "lies" bit about Audeze earlier in this thread, this is just an overarching observation). However, if you think about it and play out the game fully, any potential gain a company like Audeze would make in "fooling" some people would likely be hugely outweighed by the massive negative press they would receive if such an active fraud was publicly exposed. It's simply not worth the risk from a business perspective, especially for high-end items with very educated consumers. Furthermore I've been lucky enough to meet a number of the members of the Audeze team and in my experience they're stand-up people, and I've seen them tested and they've passed with flying colors. 

Anyway, absolutely love my LCD-3F's and hope everyone has the joy of listening to what they love. 

Cheers 

Aug 1, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #10,597 of 11,521
Well put! I think Audeze has been a great company to work with personally, I don't know what the "lies" are this poster may have been referring to. Agree with the assessment though, I also went with the LCD-3F over the X because I preferred the midrange better, which ultimately for me is still the most important range of a headphones ability to recreate music, because quite frankly that's where most of the music is. The X bass is a little clearer I would say but the 3F still has excellent bass that as well and now that the fazor is available for the 3, the high end is superb as well.

Aug 2, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #10,598 of 11,521
I wonder if the 3Fs aren't similar in some respects to the MrSpeakers Ethers in this respect. They have very precise imaging but lack bass slam as well. Maybe it's a factor of the design, that the more airy and precise the sound, the less bass and slam one gets. I could be completely off the mark though. It's something that would be worth asking the main planar headphone manufacturers.

Aug 2, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #10,599 of 11,521
  I wonder if the 3Fs aren't similar in some respects to the MrSpeakers Ethers in this respect. They have very precise imaging but lack bass slam as well. Maybe it's a factor of the design, that the more airy and precise the sound, the less bass and slam one gets. I could be completely off the mark though. It's something that would be worth asking the main planar headphone manufacturers.

Seriously my LCD 3F don’t lack bass slam!

Okay the fazors guides the sound away from the transducer quicker; it’s why they are used. IE less blurring sound and quicker decay. If the bass tones decays faster, everything else equal, the quantity decrease. 

The result of using the fazors is faster and clearer overall sound as well as better preserved bass IMO. 

Aug 3, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #10,600 of 11,521
Hi guys! This will be my first post here :D

Do you think Audeze LCD-3 will be good for me who is listening to a lot of DnB, Dubstep, trance and EDM in general? Also will a WA7 be a good AMP/DAC for it?

Thanks! :D

Aug 3, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #10,601 of 11,521
Should work nicely, especially if you get the WA7 in black . . . lol . . . 
biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #10,605 of 11,521
^ Seriously, that WA7 has some nice features.  All tube, outboard power supply, very sexy looks !!  I'd be getting the tubed power supply as well.  I kinda wonder about over heating the tubes with all that plastic around, also wonder if it will take 6C45Pi drivers.  (Same as Sovtek 6C45.)  Well, that's for another thread . . . . 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back