New Audeze LCD3
Apr 18, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #8,986 of 11,521
Does Audeze supply a looser headband as an option on the LCD-3?

Just stretch the headband,you can make it as loose as you like.I really don't understand how people can't understand this,it's just that easy.:rolleyes:

Apr 18, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #8,987 of 11,521
Good news! Headphones are ok! Amp went bad. RA to return to Schiit for repair. Sending dac back for USB upgrade at the same time.

Apr 18, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #8,988 of 11,521
Just stretch the headband,you can make it as loose as you like.I really don't understand how people can't understand this,it's just that easy.
rolleyes.gif

Great, thanks for the condescension, and in fact but you are wrong. I have the LCD-2 and you cannot make it "as loose as you like"--it remains far too tight no matter how much or long it is stretched, and moreover, even if you can loosen it partially temporarily, it gets tight again very quickly. That is one tough headband. 

So I will ask my question again: does Audeze supply a looser headband as an option on the LCD-3?

Mark

Apr 18, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #8,989 of 11,521
Great, thanks for the condescension, and in fact but you are wrong. I have the LCD-2 and you cannot make it "as loose as you like"--it remains far too tight no matter how much or long it is stretched, and moreover, even if you can loosen it partially temporarily, it gets tight again very quickly. That is one tough headband. 

So I will ask my question again: does Audeze supply a looser headband as an option on the LCD-3?

Mark

Don't believe they do, wonder if you could use some of that stuff they use for baseball leather to soften the band up a little bit? Probably not, but just an idea.

Apr 18, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #8,990 of 11,521

Mark

People have loosened them before. Maybe you're doing it wrong.

Apr 18, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #8,991 of 11,521
People have loosened them before. Maybe you're doing it wrong.

Oh, it can be loosened, but not "as much as you like" as implied by the person who condescended to me. And in my case, it cannot be loosened enough to prevent painful pressure against my TMJ joint. 

I have both bent them as far backwards as I can, and kept them wide open permanently when not on my head by stretching them over books. And believe me, after two years of stretching over books, they still tighten up again quickly. 

I like the sound, though, so I put up with it.

Mark

Apr 18, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #8,992 of 11,521
Are you already at the last notch on the yoke rod? They do sell longer yoke rods, so I'm wondering if extending them out another notch would help. 

Apr 18, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #8,994 of 11,521
Just stretch the headband,you can make it as loose as you like.I really don't understand how people can't understand this,it's just that easy.:rolleyes:

Mark

I am on my 3rd set of Audeze headphones,have a very large head,NEVER had a problem stretching all of them out.A matter of fact I stretched one set too much and had to bend them in a little.Not sure what the issue is for u,but it is EASY!!!

Apr 18, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #8,995 of 11,521

If you're that bent out of shape* about it, you could just look at their website or ask them directly. Their support team was very responsive the one time I had to ask them for something.

* - pun intended.

Apr 18, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #8,996 of 11,521
I think u are just being too gentle on it,you have to remove the cable due to the face it will prevent you from bending it enough.Just bend it,it will come back a little,repeat the process 2-3 times until it gets to the point that makes you happy.:)

Apr 18, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #8,997 of 11,521
I think u are just being too gentle on it,you have to remove the cable due to the face it will prevent you from bending it enough.Just bend it,it will come back a little,repeat the process 2-3 times until it gets to the point that makes you happy.:)

You're 100% right. The headband is spring steel. Got to bend it a little more for it to spring back to what a person needs to fit their head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back