New Audeze LCD3
Oct 5, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #8,357 of 11,521
He got the 3s three days ago so nope, not in a good mood

Why, if he wanted a "brighter" ortho, the HE-6s are a great option for $500 less than the LCD-X. The LCD-3s are still the Audeze flagship. Now whether the listener agrees with them, is something entirely different. As I've mentioned, I agree that the HE-6s are the flagship Hifiman headphones, but disagree with the PS1000s being the Grado flagship (though Grado certainly thinks so).

Feel the same way about my recent ciem purchase. Right after I get it, there's suddenly a new jh audio flagship announced...

Which CIEMs did you get?

Oct 5, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #8,358 of 11,521
Not in a good mood eh Dan ?

As citraian said...not at all :)). But what the heck...If it is better so be it...It is cheaper and better...the big picture is quite ok :D . This doesn't happen quite often as it should happen in audio. If someone gets another better product, they sell it with a lot more money than the last one. 

Sennheiser hd650 -> HD800
Grado RS1 -> GS1000
Beyer DT880 -> T1
Stax 007 -> SR09

etc

So this would be the first time I see this happen and it would be a good evolution.

Oct 5, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #8,359 of 11,521
Why, if he wanted a "brighter" ortho, the HE-6s are a great option for $500 less than the LCD-X. The LCD-3s are still the Audeze flagship. Now whether the listener agrees with them, is something entirely different. As I've mentioned, I agree that the HE-6s are the flagship Hifiman headphones, but disagree with the PS1000s being the Grado flagship (though Grado certainly thinks so).

Which CIEMs did you get?

Hidition NT-6 Pro's. They're quite impressive indeed but sometimes I do want more bass for my edm, so the roxannes adjustable bass is extremely enticing to me.

Oct 6, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #8,360 of 11,521

I would love it if they competed with the he6....maybe hifiman will get off their asses and improve the he6 efficiency...driving headphones from speaker amp is ridiculous in my opinion.

That's what makes them so special 
biggrin.gif
  I for one, now that I have a really nice speaker amp, hope he comes out with an even harder one to drive.  Ha..
eek.gif

Oct 6, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #8,362 of 11,521
Here's the rub.  If we take Visaton as an example.  Here is the 12 driver...

And the 3...

Now in a large room the physical height might make a difference, it certainly has more ability to push air.  But in an IEM no matter how many drivers you put, they all come out the same pin hole.  The gain in efficiency is pointless but the difficulty in keeping them all aligned rises.

So I fully expect it, presuming the alignment didn't go all to hell, to sound like the JH13 with the addition of a bass boost/trim that only the bass drivers see.  Course is could be that it's 3/4/5 to give it a different tonal balance than the 13/16.

Oct 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #8,363 of 11,521

Which CIEMs did you get?

+1

I enjoy he-6 as much as lcd-3. I wouldnt consider ps1000 to be a flagship or to compete with other companies flagships, the sr325is rs1 rs1i hf-2 and ps500 are all more natural and coherent sounding to me, with equal or better resolution than ps1000

Oct 6, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #8,365 of 11,521
Cranked up the LSD-3s today a bit louder than usual. The bass came out to play and was perfect and still didn't get fatigued. However, at lower volumes the bass can seem a bit less enjoyable. I found the LCD-2 to maintain much better bass presence at lower listening levels, but with the volume turned up on both, the 3's are definitely more engaging and even more FUN.

Oct 6, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #8,366 of 11,521
Yeah, that's why I want more bass on mine. I tend to listen at low volumes lately :)

Oct 6, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #8,367 of 11,521
Yeah, that's why I want more bass on mine. I tend to listen at low volumes lately
smily_headphones1.gif

How are you liking it with the Conductor?

Oct 6, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #8,368 of 11,521
It's really great. Can't think of anything better at this price. I would however want a little bit more bass :)

Oct 6, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #8,369 of 11,521
It's really great. Can't think of anything better at this price. I would however want a little bit more bass
smily_headphones1.gif

And that's his preference, not the Conductor. There's nothing wrong with the Conductor bass. It sounds as expected at (and also above) its price level. :) 

Oct 6, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #8,370 of 11,521
I think that the integrated DAC could be a little more bassy like the PWD but that's just nitpicking :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back