New Audeze LCD3
Oct 4, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #8,326 of 11,521
Even if backed out by incredible measurements the LCD-X is too expensive. 9k for a headphone? Come on! I knew something was fishy when they doubled the price at LCD-3...

Nope, from the review, the LCD-X cost $1699 and the XC cost $1799. The LCD3 still standing on top of them from their price.

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #8,327 of 11,521
Yeah, I thought it was a joke now I see there's a new model :))

Oct 4, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #8,330 of 11,521
i dont know why closed version costs more, certainly the open version will be the one that performs better. 

anyways, if this is the LCD-3 killer, i'll have to get a pair.

good thing now i don't have to worry about finding a good amp for them i'm all set on that 
biggrin.gif

Oct 4, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #8,331 of 11,521
  i dont know why closed version costs more, certainly the open version will be the one that performs better. 

anyways, if this is the LCD-3 killer, i'll have to get a pair.

good thing now i don't have to worry about finding a good amp for them i'm all set on that 
biggrin.gif

It can't be an lcd3 killer, unless the lcd-x is meant to replace lcd2. They wouldn't do something that close as price to lcd3....and be better than lcd3... that isn't logical :)

And for the closed part, I expected that. Good closed headphones were always overpriced in my opinion. I kind of believe...that audeze will hit the closed headphones market...pretty hard with these...that is my feeling! 

Oct 4, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #8,333 of 11,521
I think the thread should be renamed to  "The Old LCD3" :))

The time has come....

Oct 4, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #8,334 of 11,521

That's the same difference comparing my Mar2012 unit to the one I have now (Jul 2013).  I suspect they might have different tuning or even some different materials in the newer drivers.  It seems many find later batch or recently replaced unit way less dark and a more neutral sig with better transparency/even more resolving.

I think that's a good way of putting it. I like dark sounding headphones, but they were previously a bit too dark for my tastes. I wouldn't call them bright, but they sound less muddy and recessed than I had remembered. They sound closer to the HE-6 now but with the Audeze house sound.

The same thing happened with the LCD-2. The most recent ones are surprising neutral and not dark at all. It sounds like the HE-500 except with the slight Audez'e house sound coloration. I guess Audez'e has been listening to us complain about the darkness.

Now with the X out is the LCD-3 even relevant anymore?
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 4, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #8,335 of 11,521
The same thing happened with the LCD-2. The most recent ones are surprising neutral and not dark at all. It sounds like the HE-500 except with the slight Audez'e house sound coloration. I guess Audez'e has been listening to us complain about the darkness.

Now with the X out is the LCD-3 even relevant anymore? :evil:

My thoughts as well. Anyhow, out with the old, in with the new....gotta order the x-factors, LCD -X and GS-X :smile:

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #8,338 of 11,521

Now with the X out is the LCD-3 even relevant anymore?
evil_smiley.gif

You may not like their sound signature...but many of us do and the last thing I want is a headphone voiced like the HE-6s. No thank you. The current sound signature is what made Audeze so popular. As I said, Audeze obviously feels that they are still their flagships as they LCD-Xs and LCD-XCs were priced accordingly. 
tongue.gif

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #8,339 of 11,521

You may not like their sound signature...but many of us do and the last thing I want is a headphone voiced like the HE-6s. No thank you. The current sound signature is what made Audeze so popular. As I said, Audeze obviously feels that they are still their flagships as they LCD-Xs and LCD-XCs were priced accordingly. 
tongue.gif

Let's not argue on 2 threads. My last comment about relevance was in jest.
tongue.gif
 I love the Audez'e house sound as well. I think they have a very unique voicing that gives them a place in the market.

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #8,340 of 11,521

Let's not argue on 2 threads. My last comment about relevance was in jest.
tongue.gif
 I love the Audez'e house sound as well. I think they have a very unique voicing that gives them a place in the market.

I love the Audeze voicing...it's so unique and refreshing (even though its been around for more than 3 years). There are so many other "brighter" headphones for us to choose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back