New Audeze LCD3
Oct 13, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #61 of 11,521

Quote:
Its costs $2000 so probably not. Suddenly my LCD-2 Rev2s seem like some old technology lying around the street ;_; an entire summer of work (poor college student) for 2nd rate headphones :frowning2:

Totally know how you feel :[ but I tend to get upgradeitis 
redface.gif
. Waiting too see how it compares to the lcd-2 before I make any decisions.............

Oct 13, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #62 of 11,521
x2 on that 
triportsad.gif

Dear Audez'e,

Thanks for stealing my amp, transport and music server budget.  At that price though it better eat sr009.  If you're paying 2k whats another k or so.  But hey, I can afford it if I sell my LCD-2, but likely everyone else has that idea already...  time to watch LCD-2 prices dive.

I love that. At 2k the better eat the 009's! At 2K they are 3K cheaper and that is not including the Energizer. why at just under $2000 do they need to "eat" the 009's?

Surely if any headphone needs to prove that it would be the ED10's surely the most overpriced headphones ever considering how much they under perform!

I don't get why people think the 3's are expensive. When you think the mass made fairly mundane HD800's (in terms of technology) are around $1600 and the LCD2's are often treated in the same regard and yet are $600 less.

Think then going on Audeze's track record what a phenomenal bargain the 3's are compared to the 009's

I think the LCD2'S price far from diving will maintain value as folks who can't afford the 3's will get a similar house sound for half the price!

Oct 13, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #64 of 11,521
Quote:
I love that. At 2k the better eat the 009's! At 2K they are 3K cheaper and that is not including the Energizer. why at just under $2000 do they need to "eat" the 009's?
Surely if any headphone needs to prove that it would be the ED10's surely the most overpriced headphones ever considering how much they under perform!
I don't get why people think the 3's are expensive. When you think the mass made fairly mundane HD800's (in terms of technology) are around $1600 and the LCD2's are often treated in the same regard and yet are $600 less.
Think then going on Audeze's track record what a phenomenal bargain the 3's are compared to the 009's
I think the LCD2'S price far from diving will maintain value as folks who can't afford the 3's will get a similar house sound for half the price!

The HD800 are not in the least bit mundane when it comes to technology. The ring drivers they used show real research and development, unlike Grado for example. If purrin's CSD graphs are anything to go by, the HD800's cups were also meticulously designed to eliminate ringing. They have the best measurements of any dynamic headphone, and rival the LCD-2 in that regard.

Just because Audeze uses planar drivers doesn't mean they get a free ticket to Technologically Advancedville. I hope they've done something awesome with the drivers in the LCD-3, because from where I stand they took the LCD-2, used different wood, and decided to charge twice as much. I hope the changes are more substantial than the (sort of) free rev. 2 update.

Oct 13, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #65 of 11,521
Quote:

I think it's because the LCD-2 was seen as being tip top value in the high end arena, and suddenly coming out with the most expensive headphone (except stax and the silly ed10) comes as quite a big surprise.

They claim that their goal is to create the best headphone possible, and if it doesn't omnomnom the SR-009, then it seems a little silly to pay 2k for a headphone that isn't comfortable. Of course it's all subjective and what not in the end, but you can see that there's quite a lot riding on the success of the LCD-3.

Oct 13, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #66 of 11,521
No, your right what I meant to say is the materials on the HD are fairly mundane, plastic in the main and some metal where as the LCDs' have the hand finished wood and leather. To me it feels more bespoke and yet even though it is made by a tiny manufacturer in comparison to the others the price really is pretty good when you think about it. Where as the costs of the other ones must be much cheaper as they can scale up and have existing manufacturing. I am not knocking the HD's as they were my second choice after the LCD's

It's just that for some reason folks have no problem dropping $1600 on largely plastic headphones mass made and yet have issues with spending $600 less on fairly bespoke Audeze's

I think the giant killer side of them is a bit of a burden. Now they have upped the game and brought out the 3's the same old arguments rise about cost and yet no one questions the high end grado's which are very pedestrian in both sound and quality in comparison (and this from a former Grado fan, I should have used them as the example thinking on it!) to my ears.

If the 3's raise the bar like the 2's did then I think at the price they are going to be regarded as somewhat of a bargain in high end terms.

Oct 13, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #67 of 11,521
Well, this is good to know, since my LCD-2 Rev2s are currently in the mail......
I could've saved a few more months for the new LCD-3s
frown.gif

Oct 13, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #69 of 11,521

Quote:
You were going to dish out another 1k too? 

yup, thats the question to ask ...

do the LCD2 rev 2 customers feel betrayed ?? if this announcement was made a lot earlier  (say 5 months before ) would you have gone for LCD-3 ( i.e. spend extra)  ? ( if yes,  why did you not go for STAX-007, as i have read they have somewhat similar signature )

Oct 13, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #70 of 11,521
i don't feel betrayed at all. Though the 3's look similar they are not in my price range (wish they were) so even if I did not have the LCD's I would get the 2's knowing for a fraction of the price I would be getting the house sound.

One could as do HD600?650 owners feel betrayed because Sennheiser brought out the HD800.. No one asks that though do they!

Oct 13, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #72 of 11,521
If it still has the Audeze house sound, I'm in.  Just need to hold a garage sale for all my other gear.

Oct 13, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #73 of 11,521
Sound stage, sound stage...

If the LCD-3 somehow does manage some sort of magic by keeping it's beautiful mid range and yet
improving and expanding the sound stage then that will be a real breakthrough.

Otherwise, all the beautiful mids and sophisticated bass articulation in the world will still not
make up for a headphone that does not cater to high spending classical enthusiasts.

How many happy HD800 & STAX owners do we know that hate classical and a big sound stage? Not many.

Oct 13, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #74 of 11,521

Quote:
If it still has the Audeze house sound, I'm in.  

Which one?  Rev 1 and  rev 2 sound different enough to me.

Oct 13, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #75 of 11,521

Quote:
i don't feel betrayed at all. Though the 3's look similar they are not in my price range (wish they were) so even if I did not have the LCD's I would get the 2's knowing for a fraction of the price I would be getting the house sound.
One could as do HD600?650 owners feel betrayed because Sennheiser brought out the HD800.. No one asks that though do they!

keep in mind that the LCD 2 a relatively new. they were the flagship till now , it has not even been 2 years since they were launched, and they are being replaced by another flagship.
HD650/600 were out for a LONG time, upgrade was DUE.

you ask if the HE5LE owners felt betrayed when HE6 was launched ?  yeah !

more over they are not being launched next year ( the LCD3 , ) its just 20 days after !! dont you feel some LCD2 owners might have withheld their LCD2 purchase IF only they knew that LCD3 was coming out , JUST AFTER 1/2 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back