New Audeze LCD3
Feb 27, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #7,306 of 11,521
Quote:
After my post (#7279) regarding a possible right channel issue, Alex PM'ed me with an offer to test my LCD-3s. I wanted to mention this because it further solidified in my mind the exceptional level of service and genuine concern that Audeze has for its customers, as well as its determination to maintain the integrity behind its products.

Audeze is truly remarkable and I love their sound. 

When they make their closed cans I'm gonna pick them up for sure!

I recently got the Vegan ear pads for my LCD3s and I'm loving them. No more heat. 

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #7,307 of 11,521
Why Audeze stopped selling headband as a separate accessory? even the leather one? So what if headband is broken?

Feb 27, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #7,308 of 11,521
Quote:
After my post (#7279) regarding a possible right channel issue, Alex PM'ed me with an offer to test my LCD-3s. I wanted to mention this because it further solidified in my mind the exceptional level of service and genuine concern that Audeze has for its customers, as well as its determination to maintain the integrity behind its products.

Impressive......
smile.gif

Feb 27, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #7,309 of 11,521
Quote:
Why Audeze stopped selling headband as a separate accessory? even the leather one? So what if headband is broken?

I would e-mail to inquire. I recently got back on board with the LCD-2's (Love my 007's... but missed the LCD-2 intimacy at times) and as I did not find the new bumpy leather headband comfortable I e-mailed Audeze to see if they had any of the older foam headbands left (which had even padding, had good give and was very comfortable, despite its not-so-classy looks) and luckily they had one left in stock. So even if it  is not on the website you can always email to ask.

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #7,312 of 11,521
I really didn't like the 3 because I could barely hear a difference.

Didn't.

But listening conditions were not ideal and I didn't give them enough time on a proper set up with proper cables. Doing so now, I hear it all. Seems like imaging is better, stage has more depth, treble is smoother, and I guess separation is better because I can differentiate instruments better than the 2, almost as if 2 mushes everything together, though that's exaggerating it a bit. I have to give it more time, and let my ears get used to the 3 since it's only been an hour since I've actually started listening to them and doing a/b.
Quote:
And your thoughts thus far on any aspect you feel like sharing?  One thing is for sure: there's no way you won't like them.  If you liked the 2 which were good but still lacking, you'll love the 3.

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #7,313 of 11,521
The HD800 is still the most responsive to different cables but the LCD3 is a very close second in that regard  The lesser sensitive phones aren't quite as dramatic.  My own geometry is inherently a balanced design and optimized for such, as I've always preferred balanced to single ended.  Some phones benefit more than others when driving them balanced with the HD800 at the top of the list and the LCD3 not far behind.  The LCD3 has become my preferred headphone for overall listening, which I never thought would happen since I have always felt the HD800 outperformed the LCD2 (of any revision).  The HD800 can still do things the LCD3 cannot, and vice versa.  At least Audez'e supplies customers with both terminations so they can at least hear the differences for themselves; something Sennheiser should do as well.  Then at least the consumer can fairly decide whether they want to purchase a cable upgrade from one of us.

Feb 28, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #7,314 of 11,521
Quote:

It really all depends on the pair.  Compared to one pair I auditioned for many hours, my pair has a good 2-3x as much bass presence and impact between 50-120Hz.  My graph slightly reflects that, too, but not nearly as much as the actual audible results.  So there are LCD-3 out there that are relatively bass light, and others that have serious bass punch.

They really shouldn't vary to the point that you hear 2-3x bass. Earlier in this thread, it was discussed that if the ear cups do not make a good seal on your ears (or if you just hold the cups slightly away from your ears on purpose), that there is a significant increase in mid bass levels. If you are happy with what you are getting then that's great, but I wonder if your pair's ear cups either aren't sealed perfectly against the driver, or simply don't seal as well around your ear.

Feb 28, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #7,315 of 11,521
Quote:

I would e-mail to inquire. I recently got back on board with the LCD-2's (Love my 007's... but missed the LCD-2 intimacy at times) and as I did not find the new bumpy leather headband comfortable I e-mailed Audeze to see if they had any of the older foam headbands left (which had even padding, had good give and was very comfortable, despite its not-so-classy looks) and luckily they had one left in stock. So even if it  is not on the website you can always email to ask.

Thanks~ we are having exactly the same problem. I never find leather headband comfortable. it always adds pressure on top of my head over a period of time while foam headband never does. I will probably email them too.

Mar 6, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #7,317 of 11,521
Quote:
So, tonight I've encountered somewhat of a disaster. I warmed up my Schiit Bifrost, and Lyr, turned on a song, then suddenly my right channel just went out. Completely.

I have no idea why or what has caused this but I am very concerned. I have contacted Audeze support about the issue, I'm not sure what they are gonna say but I just hope I can get this fixed. To make matters worse, I live all the way in Paris.

Any advice anyone can give me would be extremely helpful. The only things I've tried thus far is just switching out the cable ports to see if the cable was the issue…but its not.

Thanks guys,
Jon

Update for those interested:

I took my LCD3's back to the retailer. The owner of the shop is a good friend of mine and he said Audeze sent him an RMA. So, my LCD-3's are currently on their way back to the states to get fixed. Me and my friend have our theories as to why this happened, but I am going to wait to hear from Audeze to see what they come up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back