New Audeze LCD3
Feb 26, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #7,291 of 11,521
My initial impression was like LCD 3 is about 20% better than LCD 2 technically. But after spending more time with both of them. I wouldn't say that any more. LCD 3 presents music in a almost perfect way with better imaging, transparency, better control in every aspect. Overall LCD 3 is over 40% better than LCD 2 IMO.

Feb 26, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #7,292 of 11,521
Quote:
My initial impression was like LCD 3 is about 20% better than LCD 2 technically. But after spending more time with both of them. I wouldn't say that any more. LCD 3 presents music in a almost perfect way with better imaging, transparency, better control in every aspect. Overall LCD 3 is over 40% better than LCD 2 IMO.

Ha ha ha +1 on that

Feb 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #7,300 of 11,521
Quote:
I have noticed more pictures being posted with LCD-3s where the wood grain is symmetrical between the two drivers. I wish mine was like that, it makes it that bit more special!

Mine are from January this year, and they are symmetrical and awsome looking. It looks a bit darker in the color than what I've seen pictures of before too. 

Feb 26, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #7,301 of 11,521
Quote:

I agree. The LCD-3s are NOT emphasizing the bass at all. In fact any frequency response chart clearly shows it has a nearly flat bass. If you compare to something like the Denon D7000, then you can hear the difference between flat and emphasized. In fact as I came from the D7000, and read reports about the LCD-3 being strong in the bass region, I was somewhat surprised when that turns out not to be true at all. Having said that, after I adjusted to the LCD-3 I became quickly aware of the fast dynamic clear and detailed bass the LCD-3s provide. I am sure the SR-009 is capable of more definition. In technology terms it should have the fastest transient responses. The thing is an SR-009 with compatible amplifier is not merely an alternative to an LCD-3 but a very seriously expensive upgrade. If I had the budget for it, I would probably go there myself. Do people really believe that these headphone are playing the same field? If so, then that is nothing more than a compliment to how good the LCD-3 is at its pricepoint! :wink:

It really all depends on the pair.  Compared to one pair I auditioned for many hours, my pair has a good 2-3x as much bass presence and impact between 50-120Hz.  My graph slightly reflects that, too, but not nearly as much as the actual audible results.  So there are LCD-3 out there that are relatively bass light, and others that have serious bass punch.

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #7,304 of 11,521
After my post (#7279) regarding a possible right channel issue, Alex PM'ed me with an offer to test my LCD-3s. I wanted to mention this because it further solidified in my mind the exceptional level of service and genuine concern that Audeze has for its customers, as well as its determination to maintain the integrity behind its products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back