New Audeze LCD3
Feb 12, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #7,171 of 11,521
Quote:
I've never heard the 009, but have heard from others that its not for everyone depending on your music preferences*.  My music is mostly modern (rock, electronic) so I'm really trying to convince myself that the LCD3 is the end of the road for me...

*please don't let me know otherwise 
biggrin.gif

Trust me (a huge LCD-3 fan) the SR-009s work for ALL music genres (classical, rock, metal, jazz, electronic, acoustic, folk, etc...)! They are that darn good. But then again, the LCD-3s are my second favourite headphones.

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #7,172 of 11,521
Agreed. I bought 009s almost completely based a Rock/Electronic audition. They still crap all over anything else I've heard. :)

The only thing they don't work for is Punk, but honestly...nothing works for Punk. It always sounds like garbage due to poor recording.

Quote:
Trust me (a huge LCD-3 fan) the SR-009s work for ALL music genres (classical, rock, metal, jazz, electronic, acoustic, folk, etc...)! They are that darn good. But then again, the LCD-3s are my second favourite headphones.

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #7,173 of 11,521
Quote:

Macedonian Hero, you are one of the reasons I decided to take a chance on the LCD-2, despite being more of a stat-sound person. I pulled myself back from the brink of jumping all the way to the LCD-3 on the first go-round. It seemed a little safer to try the "80%" LCD-2 first. 

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #7,177 of 11,521
Quote:

They are both 261.  They were probably made and shipped at the same time.  Another thing I detected which he couldn't even detect was that the left channel was ever so slightly louder on his pair.  I have very sensitive hearing in some regards, and a system that can reveal it.  I wouldn't doubt if it was only a 0.3dB difference (or less) between the drivers though, but it was there.

I know, and I'm sorry. 
frown.gif
  We have to work on it very soon.  I'm just so busy and stressed with multiple things.  I'm glad you're feeling better though.

That's what was odd.  The sound signature was similar but different enough that they could have been different models, almost like the difference between an LCD-2 and LCD-3 but not quite, and I checked and they both had the LCD3 drivers of course.  The only visible difference was the grain, polish and color of the ear cups.  Mine are quite beautiful.

It's funny because I was never a big fan of any of the LCD2 revision phones, even though they are still great.  But once I heard the LCD3 a few times I had to have one, and I've yet to hear a pair that has as much bass (and accurate, textured, tight bass, and plenty of it) as on my pair. It's awesome, and I wish I had more time to spend with them.

My pair:

Beautiful graining......my lines are wider but just as nice.  
beerchug.gif

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #7,179 of 11,521
Quote:
It is great that they work so hard on customer service. That matters to me and will cover, or at least assuage, a number of sins. But really, they are now 2-3 years into product distribution and still having numerous RMAs, driver failures, consistency problems? What is going on there? Why can't they get it right? I just purchased an LCD-2/Rev2 from a fellow headfier (made May 2012) that is supposed to arrive this Thursday. Of course I am excited, but am I without trepidation? Not hardly. I will have my fingers crossed all the way up to and through the first listen--maybe every listen. At some point, doesn't our patience have to run out? This is a business.

Their customer service is absolutely amazing. You really have no reason to worry. Talk to them yourself and you will understand. They respond quickly. They understand our insanity. I am incredibly pleased. 

You get amazing sound. If something messes up they'll take care of it. 

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #7,180 of 11,521
I completely agree and remember getting flack for questioning this earlier in the thread. 

My experience with their customer service wasn't great, and many will tell you they were much slower to respond earlier in development (up to LCD 3 release). 

You'd better have good service when people have as many issues as they do. That's why they extended the warranty from a year to 3 years (I believe) as well.

Quote:
It is great that they work so hard on customer service. That matters to me and will cover, or at least assuage, a number of sins. But really, they are now 2-3 years into product distribution and still having numerous RMAs, driver failures, consistency problems? What is going on there? Why can't they get it right? I just purchased an LCD-2/Rev2 from a fellow headfier (made May 2012) that is supposed to arrive this Thursday. Of course I am excited, but am I without trepidation? Not hardly. I will have my fingers crossed all the way up to and through the first listen--maybe every listen. At some point, doesn't our patience have to run out? This is a business.

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #7,181 of 11,521
Quote:
Macedonian Hero, you are one of the reasons I decided to take a chance on the LCD-2, despite being more of a stat-sound person. I pulled myself back from the brink of jumping all the way to the LCD-3 on the first go-round. It seemed a little safer to try the "80%" LCD-2 first. 

For the record, I've never considered myself a "stat-sound" person. I would have gladly taken the LCD-2s over the SR-007s. But that said, the SR-009s have changed that for me. Not to take away from the brilliance of the LCD-3s (or even the LCD-2s).

Quote:
Not cool MacedonianHero.  Not what I wanted to hear 
wink.gif

You too, MorbidToaster!

evil_smiley.gif

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #7,182 of 11,521
I hadn't heard a single stat I liked more than the dynamics I've owned (including the 007) until I heard the 009. Heck, I hadn't really heard one I liked at all until then. 

Still the only once I've really enjoyed have been the 009 and 404LE.

Quote:
For the record, I've never considered myself a "stat-sound" person. I would have gladly taken the LCD-2s over the SR-007s. But that said, the SR-009s have changed that for me. Not to take away from the brilliance of the LCD-3s (or even the LCD-2s).

evil_smiley.gif

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #7,183 of 11,521
IMO the 009s don't do bass like the LCD-3s

I have only heard both the lcd3s and the 009s but It was only for a very short time in meet conditions so I cant personally say, but Jude and David Mahler have both said that the lcd3s bass beats the 009s, and also being the best of any headphone out there. Anyone else have thoughts on this? I would love for everyone to unanimously agree that the lcd3s have the best bass so I can save my wallet from death, thank you! :D

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #7,184 of 11,521
Quote:
I have only heard both the lcd3s and the 009s but It was only for a very short time in meet conditions so I cant personally say, but Jude and David Mahler have both said that the lcd3s bass beats the 009s, and also being the best of any headphone out there. Anyone else have thoughts on this? I would love for everyone to unanimously agree that the lcd3s have the best bass so I can save my wallet from death, thank you!
biggrin.gif

No doubt the LCD-3's bass is exemplary and truly world class. They do have more punch than the SR-009s. But I slightly prefer the better control, detail and layering of the SR-009's bass from an overall perspective. But really between the two, I haven't heard bass this good (with special kudos to both the LCD-2s, TH-900s and HD800s for outstanding bass as well). 

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #7,185 of 11,521

:evil:

Based on just 2 nights with the LCD-2s on the BHA-1 I would have to agree vs the O2 Mk1 with 323S I had around this time last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back