New Audeze LCD3
Jun 9, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #5,972 of 11,521
RMA stands for Returned Merchandise Authorization. You need to get such an authorization from most companies in order to return an item to get a refund, repair, replacement, etc.

se

Jun 9, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #5,973 of 11,521
In the case of the LCD-3 it refers to sending original production models back to be updated to the current version.

Jun 9, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #5,974 of 11,521
Googleli did you ever end up getting you lcd3's RMAed?

Yes I did. I did not think my pair was veiled but sent it in anyways, curious of what the "perfect" pair is like, like many of you are. The new pair has better mid trebles but in sacrifice of some bass. Overall I think I like my original pair more (more creamy) but still happy with the new pair. I can always go back to my LCD1 Rev 1 for the creaminess.

Jun 11, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #5,975 of 11,521
I tried looking but couldn't find any reference in the Audeze site of which units of the LCD-3 are affected? Which serial numbers would have the "improved" new upgrades? I got mine late March. Is there any indication of what the changes are cosmetically?

I did notice mine had very soft padding vs my old LCD2.

Jun 11, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #5,976 of 11,521
The lcd3 has softer padding than the lcd2. This is normal.

There is no marking or anyway to tell physically except the newest ones have foam instead of felt for dampening. Basically if you received yours after 3/23/12 from audeze you have the newer dampening/tweak. If you received it from a vender, it is up for grabs unless they know when they received that unit in from audeze or you have been left with a sonic stain in your brain from lack of confidence or your sixth sense.

Jun 11, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #5,977 of 11,521
Quote:
The lcd3 has softer padding than the lcd2. This is normal.
There is no marking or anyway to tell physically except the newest ones have foam instead of felt for dampening. Basically if you received yours after 3/23/12 from audeze you have the newer dampening/tweak. If you received it from a vender, it is up for grabs unless they know when they received that unit in from audeze or you have been left with a sonic stain in your brain from lack of confidence or your sixth sense.

From what I’ve been reading it looks like the FR chart will tell you. the new ones from march onward have a different response. the slope downward starts at around 1.5 kHz instead of around 800 Hz as on the older drivers/ dampening material LCD3s. it’s not a subtle difference to read on the chart. That may put some minds at rest, I suppose (I know it’s what I’ll be looking for when I get mine in next week)

Jun 12, 2012 at 5:04 AM Post #5,978 of 11,521
Quote:

From what I’ve been reading it looks like the FR chart will tell you. the new ones from march onward have a different response. the slope downward starts at around 1.5 kHz instead of around 800 Hz as on the older drivers/ dampening material LCD3s. it’s not a subtle difference to read on the chart. That may put some minds at rest, I suppose (I know it’s what I’ll be looking for when I get mine in next week)

Thanks LCfiner

I passed the LCD3 to a friend so will get it back tomorrow to have a look see :)

I remember my vendor telling me they were waiting for new inventory before I had the chance to get mine, so fingers crossed. 

Jun 13, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #5,981 of 11,521
Quote:
is there a general consensus that for an amp in the 1k to 2k price range, the ec super 7 is one of the best for lcd3 for anything here at Head-fi?

Fixed.

Jun 13, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #5,983 of 11,521
I have no idea, but there actually does seem to be some consensus on the Balancing Act, by all most accounts it's one of the very best.

Jun 13, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #5,984 of 11,521
The BA was better than any other amp that I heard the lcd2 on. It seems equally good on the lcd3 but havent tried the lcd3 in enough other amps to say if it can get any better or not. If the super 7 is close to the BA, I would think it would have to be a great amp for the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back